(II)

Die Baby Bunting

(Past incidents are written in italic )

4 Years Ago...

 

HyunAe folds the clothes and puts them in the cupboard. She just hates things scattered but her dearest Husband Lee Seungri never listens. But today she may excuse him...afterall it's their 1st marriage anniversary! But that man is nowhere to be found! 

"Fine! If he forgets what is today I will make sure he'll pay upto the next year!!" She grumbles angrily.

"Woah, woah, woah, Easy girl...Why so angry?!" Jiyong chuckles from the door.

"Jiyong! Hey!" She smiles looking at their bestfriend.

"Hello!! My my!! Our little HyunAe seems verrryyy angryyy!!" He says playfully.

HyunAe smacks his arm and huffs, "As if?! Anyone would be if her husband is the only person who forgot their anniversay!!!" She points at the wrapped box in his hands. Even he remembers!! Arghhh!!!

"Well...He is quite busy you know..." Jiyong tries to make excuses for his bestfriend.

"Kwon Jiyong!! Don't you make excuses for that boy!! How could he forget such an important day and important person?!" Mrs. Lee enters and wraps her arm around HyunAe.

HyunAe smiles. Dr. and Mrs. Lee love their daughter-in-law more than their son. She has not seen her own parents but she is sure that they won't be this much loving and supporting like her parents-in-law.

"Thank you umma...."She lies her head on her shoulder.

"Wow. So much love..." Jiyong sighs dramatically.

"Well. Our HyunAe is so amazing that no one can resist loving her!!" Dr. Lee speaks from the door. "Happy anniversary My dearest child!! May God bless you two..." He kisses HyunAe's forehead and gives her a hug. "Now...can we have lunch?? I am starving and where is this Seungri anyway??" His father says, annoyed.

"Oh! I think you should start having lunch! He'll be back soon..." HyunAe looks at the clock. 

"But..." Mrs. Lee hesitates.

"It's okay umma...I'll wait for him. You all please start..." She assures her mother-in-law.

Gradually the lunch comes to an end but there is still no sign of Seungri. Even his phone is switched off. As he was also worked in his father's hospital, Dr. Lee knew that he had left just after taking care of some medical emergency. So he was not also there.

Time passes and it is evening now. They are all tensed and HyunAe is on the verge of tears. No one knows where he is. Suddenly there comes a call.

Dr. Lee quickly answers it. They cannot understand what is being said but the look on his face shall haunt them forever. He drops the phone and slumps on the floor. They rush to help him and asks him repeatedly what has happened.

He only looks at them with a dead expression and utters, "Seungri..."

Jiyong quickly picks up the phone and is shocked listening to the person on the other side.

The ladies keep on asking what has happened and he only says, "We need to go to the hospital..."

With those words HyunAe's life filled with darkness...

 

They are running through the corridors. They reach the room to find cops, doctors and staff members all gathered.

HyunAe looks around helplessly. 

One of the doctors look at their employer and family and shook his head with sorrow and guilt, "I am sorry..."

Mrs. Lee yells out, devastated and her wailing breaks everyone's heart. Dr. Lee sobs with his heart out and Jiyong cannot understand how to grieve and support everyone here. HyunAe is stoned with no reaction.

"Dr. Lee..." An officer approaches them, "I called you..." He sighs looking at the anxious faces of the family members, these are the moments when he absolutely hate his job. "We got a call that there was a car badly sabotaged near the highway. Some villagers who went to collect wood found it and Dr. Lee Seungri was lying near it. It seemed a heavy vehicle had collided with his car and got into an accident. We are trying to find them.." He has to do his duty.

Dr. Lee nods slightly," Seungri..."

"By the time he was brought to the hospital...he was no more..." The cop sighs.

"Let...let us see...him..." The father chokes out. What is more agonizing for a parent to lose his only son at such a young age.

They are taken to the room where his body is kept. The Mother lets out a shriek and is unconsoleable. The father breaks down into tears but HyuenAe... 

She saw him last night... He was on a night-duty... He was suppose to come home in the morning...They were suppose to have lunch together...Cut the cake for their afternoon tea...They would have gone for a nice dinner...They were suppose to have a family, grow old together happily...They were...

Everything goes blurred, she cannot hear them calling her, her mind, eyes, soul, everything is focused on the man lying  in front of her, covered in cuts and wounds,...LIFELESS. The man whom she has known for 3 years, married for 1 year and planned to spend the last breathe with....GONE...FOREVER...

"Seungri..." She speaks but unlike everytime, he does not respond.

She closes her eyes and falls beside the bed. Unconscious...

 

 

"I..." She cries her heart out. Goodness she misses Seungri so much...Still.

SeungHyun, beside her, wipes a stray tear from his own eyes. Though he knew how Dr. Lee Seungri died by an accident on their wedding anniversary, he still feels very sad for them. The Lees lost way too much that day...

"I regained my senses the next morning and saw umma sitting near the bed with a sorrowful smile on her face. You know...my umma is the strongest woman I've ever seen...

So she was sitting there and asked how I was feeling...I was still numb...It felt like I was speechless since by birth...as if I'd never spoken a word in my life. The doctor came to check on me and They insisted I eat something as It was going to be almost 24 hours of last I've eaten. I found there words to be so awful and ridiculous!! I mean the love of my life left me forever and they were worried that I did not eat a day!! I wanted to join him!! I wanted to die!! But then..." She stops to breathe in.

"Then...?" Seunghyun asks slowly.

"Then Umma said something that changed the whole situation...She burst into tears and claimed that I had to live!! For them, for myself, and for Seungri's last memory; that I was pregnant..."