(VIII) The End

Die Baby Bunting

Jiyong enters the school premises. The gate is unlocked...and no one is around. He should have informed Dr. Lee before coming here...What on eath HyunAe wants to talk about?!

He walks towards that collapsed building site and can see a familiar silhouette. HyunAe is standing with her back towards him. 

He frowns and stops. He is some 3 feet away from her. But she still has not turned around. She must have heard his footsteps on the gravels.

"Oyy Hyuni!! Why did you call me here at so late?? It's..." He checks his watch, "2 a.m.!! What..." He reaches for her shoulder and she jerks his hand away.

She takes some steps forward, "Why did you do that Jiyong?" Her voice is so cold that it gives him goosebumps.

A fear evolves in his heart. What is she talking about? Did she...

"What are you talking about? I really don't understand..." He shakes his head in confusion.

"Really? You don't understand?!" with that she turns around.

What Jiyong sees in that moonlight was enought to churn his guts.

"Oh?! What the..." He covers his mouth in shock. 

An under developed Fetus!! HyunAe is craddling a bloody, slimy, fetus which is glaring at him.

"How could you?! You were there!! You were there when I fell here!! Yet you did not step in to help me!! Why?!" She yells.

Jiyong gaps.

"Okay!! Fine!! Maybe Ri would not have been able to survive the accident but you!! You did not even give him the chance!!! YOU DID NOT HELP!!! YOU SAW ME LYING HERE!!! YELLING FOR HELP!! YELLING FOR YOU!!! YET YOU CHOSE TO STAND HIDDEN BEHIND THAT TREE..." She points at a nearby tree, "...AND KEEP WATCHING TILL I FAINTED DUE TO BLOOD LOSS!!! THAT MEANS YOU WANTED TO MAKE SURE RI DIED!!! WHY WILL YOU DO THAT??" She yells at him with all her anger and sorrow. She cannot believe how he could do that...

Silence prevails. Only her heaving and sounds of cricket can be heard.

Jiyong's face is red and he is gulping continuously. Never in a hundred years he thought she would get to know about it...

"Listen...Hyuni...I..."

"DON'T YOU DARE TO CALL ME THAT!!! YOU HAVE LOST ALL RIGHTS?! HOW COULD YOU?! HOW DARE YOU?!" She takes those few steps towards him and slaps him tight across his face.

He stumbles back. His cheek is covered with the blood on her hands.

"Fine! What do you want to know?! That I've not helped you so cuz I wanted to make sure that kid..."He flinches in disgust, pointing at her hands, "...of yours die?! Then YES!! YES!! I did that!! I wanted  Seungri and your baby to die!!!" His "act of patience" is overthrown.

His confession crushes her heart. Her bestfriend...their bestfriend...

"Why?" she whispers.

"WHY?! YOU ASK WHY?! CUZ I WANT TO HAVE YOU FOR MYSELF!! THAT IS WHY!!!" He roars, "I LOVED YOU FOR YEARS!! I HAVE NEVER LOVED OR WANTED SOMEONE MORE THAN YOU!! AND YOU!! YOU NEVER LOOK ANYWHERE EXCEPT AT SEUNGRI!! SEUNGRI,THIS!! SEUNGRI THAT!! WHAT ABOUT ME?! WHERE DID I LACK!!?" He takes some step towards her and HyunAe steps back, "Do you...do you have any idea how many times I've died seeing you two together, all happy, loving?! Then After his death, I thought...I thought...I had a chance...But NO!! Dr. Lee Seunghyun had to stay between us!! He died but  He had to leave a 'part' of him back!! He got you pregnant!!

Then began another new thng!! RI!! RI!! RI!! All the freaking time!! Seungri was always there without actually being there!! So that day, I thought to give him a true farewell...!!" He sighs to calm himself.

HyunAe is standing there with Ri closely hugging to herself. Her face mirrors her disgust and hatred for her former bestfriend.

"I know...I know...I've been selfish...but HyunAe...I did it for you!! You would have live your whole life raising him and recalling Seungri, I just wanted to give us a chance,... I wanted to give you a chance to move on from Seungri and his memories...I...am sorry...Please forgive me..." He falls on his knees infront of her and cries.

"Your intention and your actions are not excuseable...Since your misdeed cannot be proved, I am letting you go...Get your things out of my home, first thing in the morning and never ever show us your face again..." With that she is about to leave when Jiyong suddenly grabs her hand and pulls back. Ri slips out of her hands.

"RI!!!" She yells.

Jiyong tackles her down and chokes her, "Dearest Hyuni...IF YOU CANNOT BE MINE, I WILL NOT LET YOU STAY ALIVE!!!" He proceeds to press and HyunAe thinks that she is about to die.

When suddenly, some flashlights can be seen. Jiyong slows down and turns his head towards the direction.

Dr. Lee along with some guards are coming towards them. Jiyong freezes. HyunAe tries to call them for help but she cannot voice out.

They quickly get a hold on Jiyong and pulls him away from her.

Dr. Lee slaps him furiously, "What the hell were you doing?! Why you two are here at this time?! And Jiyong you..." He slaps him again, "We trusted you so much..."

Before he can finish his sentence, one of the loose and tilted pillars falls straight on Jiyong, smashing his head. They are standing at some distance from him so nothing happened to them. Also taking in the bad condition, it is very natural for these pillars to collapse. Just like that... in some seconds, it happened and he is dead.

They stood there for quite some time to understand or to even blink. 

One of the guards all the police and HyunAe faints. Before she loses her senses, she gets a glimpse of Ri in the debris that was behind that pillar...

 

Present day

"....Oh God...." Seunghyun breathes out loud.

"Hard to believe?...Yes...I would not have if I were you..." She shakes her head.

They sit like that for a long time. Then HyunAe looks at him and murmurs, "Say something..."

"How did Uncle Lee know that you..." He cannot find the right things to say...

"He saw me leaving the house, holding...holding Ri...he at first thought he was hallucinating cuz yeah...considering the events of the whole week...but then after almost half an hour he saw Jiyong leaving the house...so he decided to follow...He found him to enter our old highschool. He entered and got the guards and then..." She shrugs.

"HyunAe...I...all this...I can't say that I completely understand what you went through...but I am always there with you...Cuz whatever happened is not your fault...on the contrary I respect you even more...I don't know why this was kept secret from me...." He places his hand on hers and smiles.

"But I have not said all to you..." She lets go of his hand and takes the bag in her hand. She takes a deep breathe and turns towards him. She closes her eyes tightly, "This was the bag I used to keep my yarns in...and..." Her hands are shaking, "...this is Seungri jr..." She opens the bag infront of him.

She opens her eyes to see a shocked Seunghyun gawking at the fetus inside the bag. 

"He never left...he will leave with me..." She whispers.

She is looking for some reaction from him. Then he reacts but it is something she has not expected...

"OH MY GOD!!! HYUNAE!! HE IS SO CUTE!!!" He gushes.

HyunAe's mouth hangs open. He looks up from the bag with a smile that makes a chill run down her spine. There is a clear lunacy in Seunghyun's smile and he begins to laugh,

"Oh! You have NO idea how MUCH I WANTED A CHILD!! A FAMILY!!" He caresses Ri's head lovingly. "Oh!! I will marry you!! I have to marry you!! We'll be family now!! Can I hold him...Please. Please. Please!!!" He reaches for Ri and hugs him softly yet possessively.

"Yah!! Why is he not wearing any clothes!! We need to get him clothes!!" He wipes some blood on his face to kiss his cheeks. "I want to be his appa!! Please marry me HyunAe!! He will be my elder son!! I swear I'll be the best appa!!!" He pleads.

HyunAe gulps. A normal and healthy person will never want to shelter an unborn fetus in their home...But he...?!

She looks at him and smiles in assurance.

Oh well... As if she is normal and healthy!! She is getting a chance, why let it go...?! 

Her umma is right though... Seunghyun and HyunAe are actually soulmates...

 

"Good appa...nice appa...." Ri giggles...