Second Chance.

Romeo + Romeo.

Jonghyun POV:

That has to be impossible.

I stared at the stained patch on the carpet, where the previous dorm owners probably puked or poured stuff on it.

"You do realize that he's going to contact you one way or another? Especially when you were silly enough to blurt out you know him."

"What?" I said through my gritted teeth at his patronizing voice.

I glared at Kibum, who was gentle in one moment, blunt in the other. He shrugged, smiling. 

"He's going to want to know what happened in the past with you, whether he thinks it as normal friendship or romantic relationship."

"I..." 

You probably won't remember everything but...."

I didn't just remember the smaller, more important things.... I remembered everything, from how he likes to scarf down chicken no matter how hot it was from the kitchen, his unusual liking for long sleeves and hoodies, that selfless character, to the smallest things like which side of himself did he sleep on, the shampoo and toothpastes he used, even the particular brand of pen he liked to use, even the sequence he combed his hair with.

"You honestly have no idea what it's like to know someone inside out for years.... And then lose him just like that."

"I hadn't been useless enough to lose him" He stopped, shocked at his own thoughtless words before grabbing my wrist. "Jjong hyung... just..sorry."

My head snapped up to meet his eyes, seeing my pained reflection in his eyes.

Shaking off his grip, I got up, walking into the room to slam the door shut. I sat at the desk, hesitant. I lifted the edge of the table cloth, before just pulling it off the whole table. I ran my fingers over the cold glass surface, looking at the photo of him and me pressed under the glass slab on the table, the corner of it obscured by another photo of him and me.

And another. And another.

The whole table was covered by the photos, taken from high school. The photos had never even seen the inside of a box. Hidden from view, only seen by those closest to me. The cloth only hid it so that I could live momentarily without the thought of him.

My fingers lightly dragged pass each photo, naturally linking which photos were taken after the other.
 
 

"Hey! Don't stick your finger in my mouth! I'll look ugly in the picture!" "Whatever, hyung. You look cute either way." Says you." and Jinki promptly pinches Jonghyun's cheeks and clicks the shutter. "HYUNG!"
 
"C'mon, Jjongie, let's sit by the garden and take it..It we can't do this outside our homes." "Why? Why today in particular?" "What date is it, Jjongie?" "It's the 22nd of December... OH! Happy Anniversary, hyung." Jonghyun shyly pecks Jinki's cheek in embarrassment, and he clicks the shutter.
 
"Who texted you?" "Oh just Sooyoung, about our science project." "Is she pretty?" "Okay-ish, I guess." Jonghyun bit his lip and looked away, staring out of the window. Jinki doesn't notice, but realizes how beautiful Jonghyun's side profile is. He lifts the camera and clicks the shutter.
 
"I don't get it Jonghyun! What's wrong? I love you, isn't that enough?" "I don't want you to be with other girls hyung! I don't want you gone! We both never knew we were... you know, like this..." "Oh, Jonghyun." Jinki pulls Jonghyun into a warm hug. Jonghyun's mom enters just then to return the camera, but instead she silently clicks the shutter.
 
"She's disgusting!" "She's not, Jonghyun! Stop being petty! She just... I don't like her! I only love you!" Jinki ran a hand through his hair, exasperated. Jonghyun nods silently, burying his face into his pillow, just as he hears the click of the door closing behind Jinki.
 
"I just want to be sure for once, hyung!" Jonghyun cries, throwing his arm to his side, hand roughly sweeping the table's items onto the floor. A crashing sound of metal, and they both look down to see the polaroid camera on it's side, the shutter popped out and the lens broken. "I can't take this." 
 
"Hyung wait.. please. Don't go to Canada. You said you didn't need to take up his offer." "I'm going, Jonghyun," he said, not turning back, stopping at the door threshold. "But...but.. I love you." Jonghyun tries, tears running down his face. Blinded by tears, so much that he doesn't see Jinki turn, face wet with his own tears, eyes pained and empty.
 

 
 
"I understand guilt has been a big part of your life, hyung." 
 
I flinched at the soft voice. I looked up to see Taemin illuminated in the lit hallway. My eyes flashed to the clock hanging on the wall behind him, and I realized it was already 6pm. Was I here for so long?
 
"Tae, I..." my voice faltered.
 
There was this strange itching feeling in my eyes.
 
Before I raised my hand to rub at it, his face flickered over with the slightest emotion, and he came over, hugging me. 
 
He pressed his face into my shoulder, a reassuring weight. I felt his eyes blink, and I felt the warm breath when he opened his mouth to speak.
 
 
 
Taemin POV:
 
I'd burst into the apartment, worried by Kibum hyung's shaking voice over the phone.
 
"I touched a nerve, Tae. He's in his room now, it's been ages, I don't know what's he doing!" 
 
I saw him staring vacantly at the photos that covered his table, the crimson red cloth that first covered it thrown aside into the corner. His fingers were moving druggedly, insistent and sure.
 
I had to stop him. 
 
"I understand guilt has been a big part of your life, hyung."  I murmured.
 
His whole being went rigid and his eyes flew to my face. HIs eyes flashed over with a dark fear, as if he was to be condemned for thinking about his past.
 
"Tae, I...." 
 
He probably didn't realize this, but his face crumpled in pain, and there was tears sliding down his cheeks.
 
He was half-way back into the past... and back to how he was.
 
I swallowed hard, and flew over to hug him hard. 
 
It wasn't easy, to have just met Kibum hyung and then pulled into the mess Jonghyun hyung was.
 
He was worse then, eyes soulless and empty, constantly unmoving in his house, and always, always pining for this Lee Jinki. He didn't eat for ages, not till we force-fed him.
 
We understood finally, when we realized he was living in a swamp of guilt and despair. 
 

"I don't get it, Tae! He may be heartbroken, but it can't be enough to make him go like this."

"What exactly happened?"

"He was, or still is, insecure about.. being... gay. Jinki hyung couldn't take it. Not any more. The pressure must have been too much, the fights, the desire to love Jonghyun but being pushed away by small fights started by him......"

Taemin's head snapped up with a sickening crack, and Key winced, but his eyes narrowed at the surprise in Taemin's eyes.

"What is it, Taemin?" 

"Hyung... hyung... hyung feels guilty! He realizes he was pushing too hard and, and, blames himself, so, he..." Taemin scrambled his words, barely able to get the possibility out of his mind and out into the open.

Kibum's already moving, and the door to Jonghyun's room crashes open.

Not long after, the sounds of relieved crying comes.


 

We told him to forget. If not forget, then to put it away for a day when he's strong enough to face the past.

Not anymore.

He can't wait for that.

"Throw away whatever we said, hyung. This time, it's life giving you a second chance."

 

 

 

 


HEY HEY. My first note here on this story~ :DD 

Thank you for the support before this story even started! *wipes tears*

tumblr_m01tnyDjJR1r8fiqoo4_250.gif

I know the story is going a little slow... but it's better slow than fast, don't you think? haha... *excuses*

tumblr_lyrg7kNpqz1r8fiqoo2_250.gif

Anyway, I was just thinking about one of the comments below...hehe, no worries, yes? She mentioned she was having problems associating Kibum with Key... cos she would only think of Suju's Kibum. So what do you think guys? Before this story goes on tooooooo far.... should I change it back to Key? I'll slip in a small part in the later chapters of Key explaining why he's called Key to our darling Jinki if I do, so just tell me in the comments, yes?

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo2_250.gif

(I'm sorry, this just fits in anywhere.)

On the other hand~ I did well for my english narrative! *dances*

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo8_r1_400.gif

OH and another thing, as I said in my previous stories (links will be below for the new followers), I'm not exactly a popular nor social person in class.... which by the way, has caused me to gain people in my class to dislike in less than 2 weeks. like wth. It's barely March?! 

tumblr_lxoralJmsH1r8fiqoo1_400.gif

It's just... like wow. But you know what? Whenever I'm treated coldly by them or whatever, I'm like all straight faced on the outside, but guess what? 

I DON'T EVEN CARE.

tumblr_lz8c2avGBq1r8fiqoo5_400.gif

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo9_r1_250.gif

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo11_r1_400.gif

AND, the other day one of them had the guts to push past me roughly and then said she hurt her wrist or whatever, and told everyone in the class it was MY fault. 

tumblr_lyrg7kNpqz1r8fiqoo1_400.gif

tumblr_lxzu8aHMHF1r8fiqoo10_400.gif

tumblr_lxzu8aHMHF1r8fiqoo9_500.gif

And once again, I ignored it. Because I knew it was useless to retort to ridiculous people like her. I totally wanted to though... like go all...

tumblr_lxzu8aHMHF1r8fiqoo6_250.gif

tumblr_lxzu8aHMHF1r8fiqoo8_250.gif

tumblr_lxzubkeXiP1r8fiqoo4_250.gif

Best part was, she went to the teacher and told him she couldn't play frisbee because of it, and when he asked her why, she pointed to me. LIKE, WOMAN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

tumblr_lxzubkeXiP1r8fiqoo5_250.gif

And so the teacher asked me what happened, and I just told him, she happened to brush past me and something must have happened between there, but I was completely sure it wasn't my fault. 

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo10_r1_400.gif

And the teacher believed me. And I could feel her stare burning into the side of my head. She was probably cursing at me internally. Probably all---

tumblr_lz8bmfJDmK1r8fiqoo2_250.gif

But hey? You lose. I win. 

tumblr_lyrg7kNpqz1r8fiqoo7_r1_400.gif

 

히히히히. 내가제일잘가~ Comments!

Nanthida6812: Someone noticed! You're one alert reader~

daydreamergirl11: Still missing a part... cos I haven't provided it! Heh!

dubu-love: Onho always came to me as a really close brother relationship ^_^

shieryl: D'awww, thank you <3

princess1996: Update has arrived! hehe

khey_onsooni: Hehehe~

Heavenlee: huhuh~

Later guys! :D

Stories for those who are new to me-->

You're all I need, silly.

SHINee's Love Star (One For Me) [Complete]

[TwoShot] No More Perfume.