First Meetings.

Romeo + Romeo.

Jonghyun POV:

I find a door clicking close right in front of me when I come to my senses, senses that aren't exactly clear just yet.

"Just so you know hyung, it looked like it was a kiss on the cheek, but I really don't think it was." Key was being unfailingly blunt, truthful, as well as comforting and loud, loud enough to chase away the demons and fight the war for me till I can stand up.

I raised my head, giving a failed smile. He shoved a glass of ice water into my hands, calling Taemin to come from the living room.

"Why are you guys back... and what's with Jonghyun hyung?" his voice came first, less than worried.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?! Ruining my moping moment!" I threw the pillow that was nearest to me at them.

I watched as Key whispered into Taemin's ear, Taemin's face contorting in a expression of surprise. 

"What does this tall guy look like?" Taemin plopped down next to me on the bed where Key had dumped me, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Big, wide eyes, narrow chin, broad forehead, long mane-ish hair, that just reaches the nape of his neck, lean, just a little gangly.." Key ticked off his fingers.

"Frog face." I added vehemently, getting a giggle from Taemin and a slap on the arm by Key. 

Taemin sat there, humming, twirling his phone in his hands. I stared at the wall, picturing the scene over and over. He did lean a little too far away, and it was kinda way too far from... I groaned, falling backwards, in turn resulting in Taemin's head lying on my stomach. 

"Is it this guy?!" Taemin stuck his phone right to my eyes, making me wince as the bottom ridge of it hit my nose. 

I grabbed his hands, pushing them backwards till I could focus on the photo that he was showing me. I studied it, my mouth parting in surprise. I shoved the phone away from me, choking on my saliva.

"LEE TAEMIN. I DON'T APPRECIATE CHANGING ROOM PHOTOS OF EUNHYUK HYUNG AND FROG FACE!" I screamed, Key pouncing on Taemin to see the photo. 

"It's not like Froggy is , only Eunhyuk hyung is." he retorted defensively. "At any rate, that means they aren't dating, idiot." 

"Tae! Language!" Key reprimanded. 

"How the hell do you know they aren't dating just by that o pic." I muttered, throwing another pillow at him. 

"Eunhyuk hyung said he likes Froggy, and Froggy isn't dating anyone, and the unknown hyung they were talking about together must have been your Jinki hyung, and apparently it's a looooooong bromance story, but it's in nooo way a dot dot dot relationship." he shrugged, nonchalant.

"Dot do- wha?" I stuttered, still absorbing the new information.

"This."

Taemin whirled Key around by the hand, before kissing him straight on the lips, letting go of Key's hand to twine his fingers into the older one's hair. My hands shot up reflexively to cover my eyes, before I kicked my leg out to separate them. 

"Problem solved! Now if you don't mind, I need to change for dance practice, which starts in about 30mins~" Taemin sing-songed, giving me a light hug before darting out of the room.

"So proud of him." Key harrumphed proudly, looking at me for assent.

I stared at him, stared at the now empty spot that Taemin was occupying, thought about Eunhyuk, then Minho, then the fact I just saw Eunhyuk in a picture IN Taemin's phone, then the fact that Jinki hyung might just still be mine if I had the chance to get him. I slowly got up robotically, pulling Key up and pushing him out of the room, slipping a MC to him to pass to the lecturer so I could have reason to pass up the project late. I slammed the door in his face just as he opened his mouth, clicking the lock. 

I stared at my bed, mind whirling. 

I crawled up onto the bed and under the covers, kicking off my shoes and slipping off my heavy jeans. I covered my head with the pillow and shut out the sounds of Key asking what the hell I was doing, and Taemin's good byes.

 

 

Jinki POV:

I looked behind as we raced down the stairs, hearing the stumble of steps and murmurings. 

"Hurry up, hyung. You're going to be late and I'm going to be late and then the prof is going to lament to me about how you left and you were his best student and go on and it's tortu-"  

Minho missed a step and I jerked him backwards by the collar.

"Oh Minho." I sighed. 

I let go of him and started down the stairs at a much more reasonable pace.

"We're taking turns to fall. Like how we took turns to comfort each other in the hospital." his voice wasnt filled with the slightest bit of apology, but with tease.

I turned back to look at him as we pushed through the stairwell door. The sunlight fell on us, warm and soft.

"I know. But you can never be as clumsy as me." I smiled, earning a pleased laugh from him.

"I'll walk you to class, kay?" 

"It's all the way over...okay, fine." I hesitated, wondering if he'd be late.

"It'll be fine, really."

We walked in silence, just enjoying the light breeze and soft sun that came with autumn.

"Hey! Jinki! Minho!" 

I spun around at the familiar voice, grinning as I saw the red head running towards us as he shut his phone and tossed it into his bag.

"Eunhyuk hyung~" I sang, grabbing his arm and hugging him. 

"Where are you heading? Minho don't you have class?"

"Hyung... We have the same lecture today in about 15mins..." I said carefully, confused.

"Didn't you read the uni email? It's been cancelled, so I'm heading to dance practice." 

"Ah really?" I rummaged for my phone, looking into my emails.

I frowned at the sudden cancellation, shifting the weight of my packed bag to the other side of my shoulder.

"Wanna come to dance practice?"

"That's a joke right?" 

"Nah, really. I want you to come see. Maybe even flaunt your singing skills. Taem likes to sing, but he never got the chance to be taught."

I suppose it'd be fine. 

"Minho, get to class. I'll go with hyung." I patted Minho on the shoulder.

"Yeah." he hugged Eunhyuk hyung again, before running off in the direction we came in.

"Let's go, a couple more minutes and we'll be at the studio."

We walked along, chatting about school and music. Just then, he pulled me back abruptly, laughing. 

"We almost walked right past the studio."

He quickly entered the door code, pulling me in.

"Taemin!" he called. "Eh, not here yet. And he actually called me to rush me along."

"Anything I should know about him?" I asked cautiously.

"He's younger than us, only first year, really. And he's defensive around new people. Otherwise he's a sweet kid." 

I nod, walking along the hallway, stepping into the main part of the dance studio. I glanced around, realizing it must have been an extremely expensive apartment for it to be big enough to be converted to a dance studio.

"Hyung... This is... huge. The acoustic in here must be... Amazing." 

"Ha, not trying to boast but yeah it's pretty good. I knew you would like the place, so I was hoping maybe you will help with the speaker placements? And the configurations?"

"Anything for you, hyung." I dropped down to my knees looking into the cone of the boomer. 

"It helps that you take broadcasting."

"Like you don't." I huffed.

Eunhyuk hyung ambled off, and when I heard the splash of water into what was presumably a kettle, I figured that he was making iced tea for both of us. Just then I heard the melodious chime of the main door's electronic lock and Eunhyuk scrambled from the kitchenette next to me.

A lean, lithe boy stood infront of me, quite obviously younger than me, his eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Don't look like a defensive kitten, Taem. I invited him here."

Taem's, or Taemin's mouth lips parted ever so slightly, before he put on a grin.

"Hey." I raised a hand, mirroring his grin. 

He shuffled over, plopping down beside me on his knees, before spreading his thighs to sit inbetween them. 

"Hyung?" he asked, confirming.

I nodded, directing my attention to the room's space, noting the octagonal wall and thinking of what we'd learned about sound bouncing off.

I lifted the smaller speakers, propping it against the awkward angle where two walls met.

"If I put it here... It'd prevent against sound cutting..." I tottered with the boomer, thankful for the two wheels on one side of the base.

"Hyung what is he saying..."

"Beats me, Taem. Just let him work his magic."

I rolled my eyes, pulling off the delivery reciept and scrunching it up and tossing it at him, taking advantage of the mirrors to determine his position,

"No hyung, I just study, unlike you." I called, walking out from the back.

"Yes, sweetheart." he assaulted me, both of us crashing on the floor.

Giggles filled the room, and I looked over to see Taemin bent over. He looked up at me, eyes shining. 

"Ah Taemin has taken to you."

To get me to say yes
You're impossible to resist
But I wouldn't bet your heart on it

I recalled lyrics from somewhere, smirking when I see Eunhyuk hyung giving me a thumbs up.

"You sang! And it sounded so, so... " he jumped up, pulling open the drawer and getting a mic. 

He pushed Eunhyuk hyung off me, ing the mic towards me

"Could you... sing for us?"

"Told you." hyung whispered into my ear.

 

 

Key POV:

I stared at the MC in my hand, turning around to pick up my bag. 

"Come on hyung!" Taemin hugged me from behind. "You're going to be late already."

"Alright alright." I linked arms with him, locking the door behind us.

We clattered down the stairs once more, him chattering about dance practice and projects until we reached the campus, till I clapped a hand over his mouth. He mumbled a little against my hand, before giving me a questioning look.

"You know..." I leaned in, whispering into his ear.

"I could manage that." he grinned.

"We can manage this." I crowed, pulling open the door to the lecture hall, waving good bye to him. I watched him pull out his phone, typing furiously before putting it to his phone.

"Hey, Eunhyuk hyung? You're coming today right? Nah, I ju..." he started jogging faster, voice fading away.

I flung myself down into a seat, pulling out my notebook. If we could somehow get in touch.... I started to scribble furiously, the lecturer going on about a mental break in the human mind when suddenly his voice stops. I look up to see Froggy bowing rapidly to the professor, the nasal voice of the professor starting to spout sacarstic remarks. 

"Minho.. Choi Minho. How kind of you to grace us with your eternally late presence. i don't get why you are always late since you entered this course in January. And that Lee Jinki. How could he quit two months after? My best student too."

January? January? I stared up at the ceiling, counting. Jonghyun and I entered the course just in March... I snapped my eyes shut, mentally groaning. 

Jonghyun. you're too bloody unlucky.

 

 

Minho POV: 

I threw myself into one of the chairs, ignoring the arrogant sneer of Jessica who was in the next seat.

"Late again?" she smiled venomously, unaffected by my glare.

I took out my notebook, flipping past Jinki hyung's fluid and much neater handwriting till I reached where I had continued off from his notes. I left a slip of paper where his notes where so that I could refer to its format. 

"C'mon Minho, its not like I'll ever go back to that class. You might as well take my notes and build from there. It'll make life easier for you anyway."

Or so he claimed. Seeing his notes formatted in such a professional way put pressure on me to write as such.

I was suddenly faintly aware of Jessica peering over at my notes, and I snapped the cover down, making her jump.

"Screw off. No wonder hyung said he couldn't stand you." I muttered, gathering my stuff and going across the room to sit in another empty seat.

The professor frowned at me slightly, before turning back to the board.

Dropping my bag under the chair, I nodded at the guy beside me before flipping my book back open.

Oh. I glowered at the smudged ink from me shutting the book too fast.  I lifted the edge of the page ready to tear it out when fingers suddenly curled around my wrist stopping me.

I followed up the arm to see the guy smiling. 

Pretty.

"Don't waste a whole page just because of a couple of sentences..." he trailed off, using a gentle finger to look at the name on my university tag hanging off my pencil box. 

"Minho." he continued, looking back up at me. 

I raised an eyebrow.

"Here." he let go of my wrist, pulling something from his half opened file.

I caught it mid air as he tossed it to me. I stared at the correction tape in my hand, surprised that guys actually use these things. Even Jinki hyung just neatly crossed out the mistakes.

"What? Foreign object?" he smirked. "Should've guessed that you don't use ever use correction tape. Betting you five bucks you're a jock," 

His words were harsh, tone demeaning. I looked up, ready to shoot back something that would make him feel worse, when he smiled and pushed my hand away from my book while deftly taking the tape and covering the smudged lines for me. 

I stared at him. He looked up again, blinking. 

"What?" 

"Nothing." I brightly said. "Thanks."

"Hey no problem, I don't like to see mutilated paper."

I turned back to the front, suddenly realizing I was smiling, and the lecture was ending.

As I hurriedly packed my bag, I nudged the guy.

"Hey."

"Hm?" he didn't look up from his bag as he slipped in his file.

"You know my name... I think it's fair to know yours."

"No one asked you to hang it so prominently." he laughed.

"C'mon..." I tagged along behind him as he strode to the door.

"Kibum. Kim Kibum. Just call me Key. Now that we've got our introductions down..." he looked at his phone with an affectionate smile as a message came in. "How about we head for some coffee. Or tea, if that's your thing." 

 


 

I KNOW IT'S SHORT MY DARLINGS. I'm repeating the same message as on my other fic~

tumblr_ly4ombb3VK1r8fiqoo7_250.gif

I'm so sorrrrrry for such a long wait.

tumblr_ly4ombb3VK1r8fiqoo10_r1_400.gif

It's just after the exams and post exams I kinda lost my rhythm and then after falling sick...

tumblr_lxor2ynpd21r8fiqoo11_r1_250.gif

I've got it back now though! Promise!

tumblr_lxzzyspFK31r8fiqoo2_250.gif

So yeah.

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo7_r1_250.gif

I have a new policy, which means if I don't have two chapters ahead of the chapter I'm publishing, i wont publish it. Which means with every chapter I publish  per week, I'll be already typing up another to replace it.

tumblr_lz8dvzkTGu1r8fiqoo1_250.gif

Confusing?

tumblr_lz2w4lgtim1r8fiqoo1_250.gif

Basically, you'll be getting a chapter every week from moi, a consistent update and quality chapters, and less stress for me, and less upset for you guys!!!!

tumblr_ly005t4yLL1r8fiqoo1_400.gif

tumblr_ly005t4yLL1r8fiqoo2_500.gif

 

Heh.

Comments~

____JULIANNE: I AMMMMM~ <3

Nanthida6812: Depression adverted~ hehe

keziayansen: T_T I cannot imagine myself making someone's day~

dattebayo-go: I'm glad you like OnHO :)

princess1996: "Hush, hush, ha-hu-hush" I'm here ~