Learning About You.

Romeo + Romeo.

Key POV:

We walked slowly, talking easily enough. He had a distinctive stride, something that wasn't so commonplace, but I was sure I've seen it somewhere before.

"The way you walk..." I stopped suddenly, watching him from behind. 

He paused abruptly, turning his head to look at me.

"The way I walk?" he asked, genuinely baffled.

"I don't know, it's like...." 

"A model?" he laughs.

"Exactly!" I clap my hands together. 

"I freelanced for quite a while. After that it never went away. C'mon, walk." he rolls his eyes in amusement.

I jog up to him, elbowing him, before realizing I had miscalculated and I stumbled before falling on to my knees. I wince as the a jolt of pain shoots through my nerves, glad that I had worn jeans today. I heard a snort, before I looked up to see him pressing his curled fist to his mouth. I shoot a glare at him, making him cough and straighten up, stepping towards me. 

"Arse." I mutter. 

I briefly considering swiping at the hand that was offered to pull me up, before I was distracted by the fact that it was sheathed by a glove. 

"Isn't it warm?" I ask, curling my own hand around his fingers, seeing him wince just barely as he pulls me up. "And why did you wince like it hurt?"

"Because it does." he lets go of my hand almost immediately, wrapping the strap of the glove around his wrist a little tighter. 

"Do you have scars or something?" I continue to prod. 

"No. Hey you don't mind if I invite my hyung do you?" 

"Well to be fair, I'll invite my boyfriend, but we're already almost there. And not many people know this cafe." I expected a flinch or surprise to show on his face from my direct openess.

"It's near our friend's dance studio, where he is." he takes out his phone, unaffected. 

This is. 

"You're not surprised?" I question, texting Taemin to wait.

"At what?" 

"That I have a boyfriend and I'm a guy?" 

"Oh. That. Nah. Both me and hyung, well, likes both sides if you'd like to call it that way."

"You guys dating?" I hum noncommitally.

"Ah, that, no. He's a little too good for me. But we both match each other well if that's what you were wondering. Both of us.... we met when we were both scared and lonely. We both expressed it in different ways. The nurses said it was like opposites attracting." his hand holding his phone lay limply by his side as he talked about this hyung, which was obviously Lee Jinki. 

He had an obvious adoration for him, and I smiled softly at the look in his eyes.

"You know, you might think that I'm just not aware of my feelings for him, but the thing is, everyone's a little in love with Jinki hyung. Me, Eunhyuk hyung, us guys handle it okay. The girls on the other hand get the rough side of it." he chuckles, lifting his phone again to call him.

 

Hey hyung, met someone in lecture, he's heading over to the cafe near Eunhyuk hyung's practice room, wanna come?" he glanced over at me and I shrugged.

"Oh? Okay. You're not flirting with her again are you. I know she 'fessed to you on Valentine's........She asked me for advice, duh, hyung..." I stifled a laugh at the complete exasperation in his voice that contrasted the smirk on his face. "And..." he trailed off, suddenly running ahead.

"Hey!" I involuntarily called out, before seeing him leap onto someone. 

 

Taemin POV:

I watched him laugh with Eunhyuk hyung, mic abandoned beside him, the music rolling over us. He sings really well. It's like caramel, the smooth slip of silk, it's actually not much wonder that Jonghyun hyung fell for him. He tilted to his head to the side, tossing me a smile, and shifted over slightly, leaving space for me to sit between them. I crawled over, realizing just how mesmerizing Jinki hyung was.

He cracks the most ridiculous jokes and is clumsy, not that he falls often, but when he does it seems like the world is crashing down around us. Eunhyuk hyung seemed to have this ridiculous adoration for Jinki hyung. 

I watched him scramble to his feet and pull the other up, tossing me his phone. I dived for it, sliding across the floor.

"Perfect! Taemin ah~" he drawled, making me cringe.

I switched the phone to the camera, aiming at the two of them.

Jinki hyung promptly started protesting, walking over to me to pick the phone gently out of my hand.

"We can do it ourselves hyung, don't bully Taemin like that! Our arms are long enough and we have mirrors here!"

He slipped the phone back into Eunhyuk hyung's pocket, smirking as he executed a complete body roll that looked incredibly familiar against his back.

He plays so innocent, but can be the complete opposite.

Eunhyuk hyung jumped, whacking him on the shoulder as he spun around to face him.

"I taught you that so don't use it against me! What if Tae gets the wrong idea?! Stick to singing. Here here, you have your favorite song coming up."

I start to laugh, delighted by Jinki hyung pushing the mic away and Eunhyuk hyung insisting.

They froze by my sudden outburst, and I got up, hooking myself on to Jinki hyung's arm.

"C'mon hyung, let's get away from this crazy person."

I pulled him by the arm insistently, grabbing his bag and mine in one scoop.

Eunhyuk hyung yelled from behind us, and I took off running, having him stumble behind me till he kept up, and I heard him laughing as the wind blew through our hair.

It was like wind chimes, but deeper, on a more mellow note with the same brightness to it, weaving tendrils of warmth and delight.

We slowed down as we stopped infront of a cafe, and I let go of his hand.

"I'm pretty sure I'm being kidnapped." he teased.

"You're older than me." I protested.

We stepped in to the quiet atmosphere of the cafe, me grinning with the delight that it was mission complete so fast.

"Taeeeeemiiin?" I blinked as a hand swiped past my eyes, before focusing on hyung and then the waiter.

"White Chocolate Mocha right?" I realized it was Tiffany, and she grinned at me.

"Noona~" I chirped.

"Hey Tae. Mr. Regular."

"Ms. MiYoung I would appreciate if you didn't ignore me." a voice teasingly sang as a gentle hand tugged on her sleeve.

"Never did, never will." she smiled at Jinki hyung, who mirrored hers.

Eye-smile for eye-smile.

"How do you guys even know each other anyway?" I slipped my hands down to the serviette on the table, tearing the edges.

"Same age?" Tiffany noona laughed, both of them exchanging glances not unlike a couple.

Jinki hyung shrugged, slipping $10 to pay, out and into her apron pocket, making her blush and she then proceeded to shove him by the shoulder.

"I hate you! I told you not to do that again." she exclaimed, the bashful smile on her face contradicting her statement completely.

"Yes, you love me. Glad you know that." Jinki hyung nodded thoughtfully.

"I'll go put your orders in, and maybe I'll put too much cinnamon in Jinki's latte..." she slipped away.

"Soo... You like her hyung?" I jumped at the chance.

"Which way?" his forehead creased in confusion.

"Like like"

He stared off wistfully out the window, contemplating. I twisted my neck to see Tiffany noona watching him before she moved swiftly to pull the steaming milk and pouring it into the latte.

"Oops." I muttered, realizing what Key would realize as well when he comes.

"Truthfully, she gave me chocolate on Valentine's but not even Minho knows that, so shush okay?"

"Don't tell kids to shush, Jinki, it makes them blabber it out faster. What do want him to shush about?" Tiffany appeared at the table suddenly, speaking before she winked, translating to me to not take the term "kid" too harshly.

She slid the tray onto the table as I eyed what it was carrying. Mine, hyung's latte, I guess, since she did mention it, and an ice blended toffee latte? Croissant? Cut into half?

"I don't think we..." I started before Jinki hyung cut me off, winking.

"It's hers, Taemin." He started to dish the drinks and croissant accordingly, clearly skilled at changing the subject.

I look up to see her untying her apron strings before she scrunched it up and dropped herself into the seat next to hyung.

"Managers here can't resist her charm apparently. She takes a break whenever her friends appear." He explained, sipping his latte. "Hm."

"Oh! Wait!" she zipped off, before coming back with a tiny pitcher of syrup.

"You forgot it!" he mentioned in a mock hurt tone.

"Just once!" she protested.

"Techinically twice because after the first time I told yo-"

Tiffany noona picked up half the croissant and stuffed it in his mouth. He swallowed obediently.

"You guys are like seriously childish. You can't be older than me. Liars you all are." I groaned, before taking out my phone to text Key amid protests above me.

"Tiffany, Taemin here is obsessed with singing. He practically tackled me just now when I sang." he switched the subject smoothly once again.

"Really, Tae? How come you never told me?"

"Phone call." Hyung nudged Tiffany to let him out and as he slipped past her, his arm curled around her waist to steady her.

I rolled my eyes at the blatant flirting from Jinki hyung and the burning red on her cheeks.


Jinki POV:

I put the phone to my ear as I stepped out of the cafe.

"Minho?"

"Hey hyung, met someone in lecture, he's heading over to the cafe near Eunhyuk hyung's practice room, wanna come?" his voice strained through the phone.

"I'm already here, with Eunhyuk's junior. And Tiffany."

"Oh? Okay. You're not flirting with her again are you. I know she 'fessed to you on Valentine's."

"Wait how do you know that?!" I tensed in surprise.

"She asked me for advice, duh, hyung..." there was a smirk evident in his voice.

"And...." I waited patiently, hearing scuffling and a sharp voice muffled barely.

"And it's kinda cute." I froze as someone grabbed me from behind, his warm hands wrapping around mine holding the phone and the other pressing into my back.

I breathed out as I recognized the voice that spoke into my ear.

"That was fast." I commented, twisting my hand away from his.

"Hi." I looked over Minho's shoulder to see a guy staring straight at me.

I felt confused as to what he was like, unable to decipher the feeling, or quite possibly pressure that came from him.

"Apart from your absolutely plain clothes, your hair. It's a gorgeous color and the style is like a mix of y to casual." he strode up to me, eyes wide with lit interest.

"I'm Key, my actual name is-"

"Kibum?" the words slipped out, as fast as a surprise, and he raised an eyebrow.

"How did you..."

"Kibum is... Is just a really familiar name... I mean, you...And.." I stepped back a little, backing into Minho.

"Hyung, are you..." Minho's hand came around my forearm, sliding up and down slowly, trying to reassure me.

I nodded rapidly, feeling the still unfamiliar pain at the side of my head, a needle sharp pierce.

"I think... I've got to go." I muttered weakly, feeling myself sway just barely.

"You mean 'we'." Minho affirmed. "Sorry, Key. I really am. Maybe next time. You have my number."

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, warm and firm,

I felt Kibum's eyes boring into my back, and I risked the ringing pain as I turned back, watching worry flash in his eyes, confusion swirling.

"Wait! Wait!" He came running up to us, phone pressed to his ear.

"I've a friend who has a car, it would be easier right?"

"No trouble?"

"Quite sure it wouldn't." he mumbled softly, looking at me.

"It's with- okay." he shut the call and he called another.

"No, it's fine, it's just with Eunhyuk hyung. He's near here." he waved a hand to stall Minho,

"Hyung? You know Minho right? He said you do. He has a friend that isn't feeling so well, and you have the car. Mm, kay."

"Minho... He doesn't recognize my name?" I whispered, watching him.

My eyes flashed to where I knew he would lean his weight on, the hand that came up to scratch barely on his upper lip. It's the same.

"He doesn't show it."

"He's your age?"

"Yeah. Hyung, what's wrong?"

"He....he...I think I remember him."

"What do you mean?"

"Jinki!" Eunhyuk hyung flashed infront of me, his voice snapping with worry. "You're lucky I was just getting into the car."

"Hyung, you know him?"

That was Kibum.

I shook my head.

"Of course I do."

Hyung?

I felt a haze settle, heavy as an anchor, tying me down in place.

"Come on hyung. Jinki hyung... You know."

Minho. Minho.

I felt a soft hand curl around my elbow, guiding me along. Darkness slipped on and off my eyes, and I panic for a moment until I realize that was just me blinking. Cool air rushes past me and I find myself seated in the car, Eunhyuk hyung slipping into the driver's seat.

I slide a look out of the window, watching Kibum watch me. I wrench my gaze away and close my eyes, counting slowly as I feel my breathing loosen. Minho pats my leg slowly, a beat to follow.

"I guess we're having a hetic day today, right guys..." Eunhyuk hyung whispers softly from infront.

I swallow hard, nodding rapidly as I rasp out in chorus with Minho.

"Yeah."