Dorm.

Romeo + Romeo.

 

Jinki POV:

I rubbed my shoulder as I walked with Minho into the lecture hall.

"You really ought to watch out, hyung. Honestly." 

"You know me..." I chuckled.

"Well... what was he saying? He looked really...desperate."

"I think he knew me before I lost my memory...."

"Oh really? Maybe you could ask him more about what happened in high school then." he stated reasonably, very Minho-like.

"If I meet him again. He told me that he hated goodbyes... a really.... interesting guy." I stated nonchalantly, trying to keep my face straight.

"Oh how guilty are you... You don't need to hi-"

"Mr Choi and Mr Lee! I'm pretty sure you two would like to discuss with us the reasons wh-"

"No, Ms Kim. We were just talking about how you had a better class than most profs." I called out quickly, before smiling brightly.

"A-ah... I- J-just don't talk too m-much. Every lecture has, erm.." she trailed off as I titled my head to the side, puzzled as to why she was stuttering. "Important facts.. s-so... yeah." 

Ms Kim whipped around to face the projector screen, and continued on with her lecture, with giggles from other girls in the background.  Frowning, I turned to Minho whose head was cradled in both palms.

His shoulders were shaking and he hit me with his elbow.

"What?!" I hissed, confused.

"You seriously don't know?" he whispered, raising his head to look at me.

"You look too good for your own good." he nudged me, grinning as my mouth dropped open in horror.

"But. I. Girls. Like. No. You KNOW." I sputtered.

"Duh. Why the hell are we even friends if I didn't know. We're both the same after all."

I dropped my head onto the table in despair.

"Help me take notes." I said, before covering my head with my jacket.

I closed my eyes, thinking of the guy that crashed into me.

He looked almost like he was begging for forgiveness. His image floated into my mind's eye, and as I looked at him closer, I felt myself growing warm, and I suddenly realized my heart was beating faster. 

Who was he?

Why did my body react to him in a way I cannot comprehend.

The grip of his hand around my wrist was familiar, like it had always been there.

I thought hard, trying to remember, before giving up as my mind came up as blank.

Sitting back up, I let my jacket slide onto my lap.

"Meet you at the cafe." I murmured as I silently exited the hall.

Walking over, I ordered an Americano, and sat at the usual table.

My view roamed around, watching the activities of the different strangers.

A guy pulled something out of a file, and he pinned it securely on the corkboard specifically for announcements

My eyes zoomed in on the form.

An exchange trip to Canada.

The table was shaking. I looked down at my hands. They were trembling violently.

I gripped my cup firmly, deciding that maybe it was time to try.

 

Kibum POV:

I stepped out of the lecture, finally done. I stretched, sore from sitting down so long.

I remembered the buzzing I felt in my pocket when I was in the lecture, and took out my phone.


From: Stupid Jjong

Dude, where are you man? Out of that lit lecture?

From: Stupid Jjong

Home. NOW.


Frowning at the messages, I picked up pace, wondering what was wrong.

I took out the key I had and opened the door, only to be assaulted by him.

"KIBUM. I thought I could live without him. I really did. I mean like. You know. After you and Tae helped. Now it's like whoosh, unlocked. I'm shaking right here! KIBUM!"

"What the HELL are you talking about?!" I screamed, trying to get him to shut up from his stuttering, nonsensical words.

He shut up almost immediately, dropping down on the sofa.

"He's here....Jinki hyung." he said softly.

I froze, the winds out of my sails. Lee Jinki?

"I really loved him, Kibum. Now he's here, everything is....."

"How did he react to you?" 

"He didn't. He lost his memory. In the middle of high school. Which means it must have happened when he left for Canada." he raised his voice, almost worried to the point of screeching.

I sat down next to Jjong.

"And so...." I asked gently.

"I can't stop thinking about him again! I'm craving to see him again. I don't even know if I'll even GET TO see him again. But..."

"But?"

"I don't want to end up hurting him again..." he whispered.

"But you're not the same now! You were unsure, insecure and painfully trying to hide it all. The world and society has changed, Jjong... they accept our kind of love now. It's not back in that stupid conservative town."

He shook his head furiously, gripping the fabric of his jeans.

"I'll see him when I see him..." he chanted, trying to calm himself down. He released the fabric, only to have his hand shake so bad that he gripped onto the sofa's seat instead.

I watched him as he fought with himself, eyes changing with every flit of emotion.

"I'll see him when I see him..." 

His words repeated in my head, giving me an idea.

I flew over to the cabinet, pulling out the college register, flipping as I found the name of the boy that conflicted Jonghyun so badly.

Looking at his dorm number, I shoved it in Jonghyun's face, grinning.

Jonghyun looked at it, confused.

"#8-10? What about it."

"It's his dorm room."

"Who? Kbum I'm not exactly in the mood to play ga-"

I placed a hand over his mouth, pointing with the other to where he should read.

"You idiot, look at it carefully."

"Lee Jinki....." his face went a little pale.

"Yeongon Dorms....#8-10?" he read outloud. 

His eyes scanned the line again, with him flipping the page over and then going back to it. He mumbled it to himself again before asking, "so that means..."

I nodded smugly, before pointing to the ceiling.

"We're only separated by our ceiling...."

He shut the book, pushing it away from him and giving it a horrified look like it was a vile item that was cursed.

"and his floor."