No Question.

Romeo + Romeo.

I'm being lazy with chapter pics people, I might consider not even putting them jeez.


 

Minho POV:

I watched him gaze out the car window, ignoring Eunhyuk hyung's chatter.

I kicked the back of Eunhyuk hyung's seat, and he jumped, swerving violently to the side of the road.

"What the hell, Minho?!"

"He's trying to kill us hyung." Jinki hyung laughed, turning his line of sight to me.

"And you're trying to kill me." Eunhyuk hyung's voice turned stern as his seat belt snapped back.

"Look, Dr Lee, aka my cousin Donghae, told me you stopped seeing him. And I know that."

"What?! And you lectured me about not going anymore?" I yelped.

"Sungmin told me you quit a year ago compared to Jinki's two weeks." he snaps at me, obviously displeased with my show of disrespect.

"And you know that because he's Donghae hyung's crush." I state curtly, watching him roll his eyes.

"They are colleagues, whatever is between them is between them."

"I was struggling with trying to back-track, so I just told him that I'll come back when I feel ready." Jinki hyung's voice cut through ours clearly.

"Any progress?"

"Can I drive?" he asked.

Eunhyuk and Jinki hyung got out of the car simultaneously, with them slamming their respective car doors.

The moment they got in, Jinki hyung started the car, rolling off smoothly.

"Jonghyun, this guy called Jonghyun, he seems to know me from a while back. And... Kibum..." he trailed off, seeming to find his words had become water, and he couldn't spit it out but drink it in.

"I remember him now." he whispers, the word 'now' said like it was bitter, not because he didn't want to remember, he wanted to remember earlier, on his own. That I was sure. "I didn't exactly babysit him, I was more like a tuition teacher for him."

I think of Key, with his overtly but charming confidence, and suddenly I'm jealous that he has something I don't, and that's knowing Jinki hyung's teenage life.

Which probably makes me a bastard anyway.

 

Jinki POV:

 

"Hyung~ wear this instead! The cardigan!! You see you see, mum told me if the jacket is white and has this certain color stripe or pattern then match the shirt under it with the same color!"

"Finish this sum first, otherwise I won't let you."

"Ahhh okay."

Suddenly I felt the world slipping sideways, and I jerked upright when the car stopped suddenly.

"What the hell, Minho?!"

"He's trying to kill us hyung." I laugh, hoping for once when I fake a smile, it reveals no emotion.

"And you're trying to kill me." Eunhyuk hyung's voice was sharp as knives, disappointed and accusing.

"Look, Dr Lee, aka my cousin Donghae, told me you stopped seeing him. And I know that." I groan internally, remembering quite clearly Donghae hyung has promised me to not tell.

"What?! And you lectured me about not going anymore?" Minho squeaked out.

"Sungmin told me you quit a year ago compared to Jinki's two weeks." Eunhyuk hyung Minho.

I let them snap at each other, releasing my seat belt. I raised my voice, a note higher than their spat to have my message clear.

"I was struggling with trying to back-track, so I just told him that I'll come back when I feel ready."

"Any progress?"

"Can I drive?"

We swap, and I released the brakes, moving.

"Jonghyun, this guy called Jonghyun, he seems to know me from a while back. And... Kibum..." The words feel like a splinter under my skin.

"I remember him now. I didn't exactly babysit him, I was more like a tuition teacher for him."

"But you babysat him anyway." I nod sharply, remembering the shoutings.

"He wanted to come over to my house. His parents didn't mind that I was just a freshman in my second sem, as long as I was getting good grades and was good enough to teach. "
I pull into the dorm parking lot, frowning.

"At any rate for now, you, will be going to hyung with me. Unless he tells me you don't really need to come..." Eunhyuk hyung gets out of the car with us.

"It's more convenient that I live with them in the next block, where the houses are. Perks of being relatives with the college's volunteering doctors. You can come over to my house instead." he prattles on.

"Okay, hyung. Okay. You can go now, I'll see you in lecture tomorrow."

I walk off towards our building, Minho silently behind me. I glance behind at him, the concentrated look in his eyes telling me he was thinking again.

I didn't feel like talking either.


Key POV:

I curl my fingers around my bag tightly, watching the car slip away.

His face was so desperate, torn. And he sounded like he knew me. I need to know. I can't let this slip away.

I turn myself to the cafe, striding in. I scan and locate Taemin, dropping down next to him.

"Where's Jinki hyung? And the Minho who you said was tagging along?"

"Lee Jinki... Called me by my name... When I didn't tell him my name." I stated slowly, pulling over Taemin's beverage to sip at.

"He was dizzy all of a sudden, and so I called Eunhyuk hyung, and he took them both.

"So basically, mission 50%?" he asked, stretching over to take his drink back.

"Yeah." I mumbled, still thinking.

How was it possible. 

"Aren't you surprised that he knew my name? I mean like Kim Kibum, not Key." I asked, interlacing my fingers in his.

"I can't do anything about it... Do you want to go bug Jjong hyung? He probably should be out of his moping era for now." Taemin shrugged nonchalantly.

I stared at him numbly, confused at his indifference. He smiled at me, pulling me up and out of the cafe.

I allowed myself to be dragged along, realizing that Taemin isn't someone I could confide to right now.

I'm alone again.

But why am I thinking of Choi Minho.


.Jonghyun POV:

I roll over in bed, wishing I had a gun to shoot at the door in rhythm with the banging.

But no.

I got up, flinging open the door, growling.

"The ?"

"Ah, hyung. Dinner?" Taemin whimpers in fakery, a smile gracing his features.

"What's it for today?" I mumbled, rubbing a hand against my cheek, frowning at the slightly oily feeling. "Wait, dinner? How long did I sleep?"

"Erm....it's 9 now... So a twelver?"

"Couldn't you guys wake me up? I know your last classes are like at 4."

"We ordered delivery! And then there was some kind of accident on the road, so it only arrived now."

"Is the oil dripping everywhere." I rolled my eyes.

"The company ."

"There's a reason why I drew a big black cross on their flyer." I pull off my shirt, walking to the wardrobe and grabbing a long sleeved shirt.

"You did?"

"Yup."

"Key hyung..." he mutters, grabbing me by the hand.

I find myself pushed down on the couch, and Taemin slides past Key who walks out of the kitchen silently, and soon enough I hear plates clattering and the beeping of the oven being set.

I lie down, watching as Key slips himself next to me and curls his nails into my shirt.

I run my fingers through his hair, smiling and then laughing as he buries his face into my neck, a ticklish sensation.

"I am shorter than you, you know."

"I don't care." he mumbles.

"Hey what's wrong." I frown, curling an arm around him and pulling us both upright.

"Have you ever wondered, whether Taemin ever took me as Me sincerely."

"What? Of course he did, how could he not. I mean Key, look at you." I whisper, darting a look towards the kitchen.

I lead him towards the balcony, pulling the blanket on the couch with us and locking the sliding door. I throw the blanket over him, slipping under next to him as we lean against the railing.

He presses against me again, words needless and I sigh.

"Look at you, Kibum...compared to me, my past is pathetic. You should, or was like me..." I trailed off when he pinched me. "Okay, should have, but..."

"But look at me right?" he laughs, soft as risen dough.

I slip my arm around his waist, and he steps closer. I settled my chin in his shoulder, making him pat my forearm mindlessly.

"You might be annoying, way too straightforward, and occasionally obnoxious..." I chuckle softly as he pats a little harder. "But you're strong, ridiculously witty and smart, the best fashion sense, always helpful... You're special. Like 2 other people in my world.

"2?"

"Taemin and... You know."

"The former doesn't."

"Taemin, Taemin, I'm sure he sees that.l

"We fought you know. That's actually why we woke you up late. He made excuses about being distracted and confused by the fact... But..."

"You did?" I was taken aback, and I shuddered as a colder gust of wind blew past. I took the other end of the blanket and pulled it tighter around us.

Winter is almost here. I turned my head back at the sound of short sharp raps against the glass of the sliding door to see Taemin frowning.

"He made excuses." Key ignored the rapping.

I nodded, turning back, I knew what he meant.

Doubt is like dye once it spreads into the fabric of excuses, you'll never get rid of the stain.

"When he wanted to go wake you up, I asked him why he seemed so cold to.... Look Jjong, today, he met Lee Jinki." he stopped patting my arm, his hand stilling on it.

I froze, and I gripped the blanket tighter. It's not about me now. It's about Key. I relaxed my hold.

"Go on." I managed, and his finger started to trace patterns on my arm, his hand still resting on it.

"Lee Jinki... Called me by the name Kibum, Jonghyun hyung." his voice was strained, an elastic stretched tight. "I never told him my name, except that I was Key. Only you have ever called me by Kibum. Just... You."

"That's..." I murmured, the puzzle pieces were falling into place.

"Impossible. And I confided in Taemin, and all he told me was, 'I can't do anything about it... Do you want to go bug Jjong hyung? He probably should be out of his moping era for now.' his voice went a little more rhythmical like Taemin's was.

"That brat..." I snarled, a knife suddenly twisting in my heart when I realized how hurt Key is.

"He....was defensive when I asked him about it just now, and it just escalated. I walked out and just got chicken from the nearby place. We didn't really order if that's what he told you."

"Are you hungry?" I asked, my appetite completely and utterly lost.

"Not really."

"Then I'm glad the extension door from my room is connected here. Slip into your room. Taemin can't see us," I flick another look back, seeing Taemin watching television waiting for us. "He's watching TV while waiting for us."

He nods, his hand slipping from my forearm.

"Thank you hyung."

"Anytime."

"Could you get this blanket of me. It's going to ruin my jacket now that I think about it."

I laugh, pulling it off.

"There's Kibum." I muse affectionately, ruffling through his hair.

He rolls his eyes and slips into my room through the connecting door.

I turn and exhale, watching Taemin through the door. He turns just then, and he looks at me.

I frown, and his eyes change emotion.

There shouldn't even be a question in those eyes.