Something above.

Romeo + Romeo.

Minho POV:

It's been days since they've visited. The beeping is annoying. Shut it off. Shut up. SHUT UP. Get that damn needle away fr-

I shot upwards, gripping the sheets in my hands. 

I looked around, heart beating wildly as I recognized the alternating pale blue and sea blue painted walls of my room, the bunched up laundry thrown into the cloth basket at the corner, the soft hushing sound of the air-con blowing, the inter-class sports medals pinned on the corkboard above my desk. My eyes focused on the slumped figure resting in the couch opposite my bed. He was drowning in a blanket that I haven't seen since last year just because both of us were too lazy to fold up the ones we'd used to take out a new one.

That was when the blinding pain hit me. I gripped my wrist, gasping. He stirred, eyes fluttering open. His eyes went to me immediately, before he rushed over, rummaging in my bedside drawer, the heavy blanket falling off his shoulders with a soft thud

"Where is it?" he asked, moving rapidly.

"Th-there." I nodded my head in the second drawer.

I felt the mattress sink down and before I knew it the pain had faded. 

"Thanks hyung." I quietly said, remembering what happened last night.

"Choi Minho." his voice was stern, edges hinted with worry. I looked up, waiting for a hit of some sort. 

Yet instead I'm engulfed by his warm body, and I closed my eyes, tears breaking to the surface. His voice was frayed and shaky, making me swallow hard, knowing that i made him upset.

"Don't you dare do that to me again. Are you aware of how long you've been out? It's not one day. It's been 3 days Minho. I'm only thankful Jjo- I mean Jonghyun was there. And you promised me too. You said that you can handle it so you don't want to go to Mr Lee anymore."

I wound my arms around his waist, resting my head against his shoulder. 

"I'll go back then. If that's what you want. I just panicked, because it was noisy and all and suddenly everything was too silent, you had disappeared, it..." I murmured. 

He pulled back, squeezing my upper arm comfortingly. The truth in his eyes told me that he'd never leave me. I just wish he knew that too. We both went out to the living room, him pushing me down onto the couch and ambling into the kitchen, and soon I heard the sizzle of meat and the smell of kimchi soup boiling. I heard the click of the kitchen player starting, and music came. 

I closed my eyes, smiling as I anticipated his soft voice. 

No matter where you are, you are is my best place. By your side, as much as me, there's no one else better suited for that place.

His voice never reassure me.

"Remember this song, Min? I sang this for you whenever you got irritated at those nurses fawning over you." He spoke along with the melody. I heard the smile in his voice, and I laughed. I frowned when I heard knocking on the main door, and I got up to answer it, to see a tuft of brown hair with the slightest hint of red along with blonde tips. I dropped my eye level to look at his face. 

"God, how did I carry such a tall freak like you." he muttered, and I blinked. 

So this was Jonghyun. I greeted him, letting him step in. 

"Min? Who's that at the door, let's eat if it's just the..." he appeared in front of us. 

"Eh? Oh, Jonghyun? Good morning!" 

Jonghyun froze, looking at Jinki hyung. I tilted my head to the side at his slightly dazed, almost loving look. I glanced at Jinki hyung, smile slowly forming a pout as Jonghyun stayed unresponsive. I slid my feet over and stepped on his foot, making him yelp like a complete puppy. 

"Ah, yes, good morn." he nodded, raising a hand to scratch the back of his head. He raised my phone in his hands, and I stared as he stuffed it into Jinki hyung's hands, stepping back just a little. "I just wanted to, give this back, cos I found it in my jacket pocket, and I think it was when Minho fell of your back and I helped yo-you, I mean, ah, Jin hyung pick up his, wait no, your phone...so I g-guess I forgot to give it back, and erm, yeah, I probably should go now, I have lessons in like 15mins. Luckily your place is near and all, it's convenient. Erm, okay. erm. Bye?!" he shot off, not leaving time for both of us to give any response.

"Ah, Jonghyu-" Jinki hyung hung himself across the door frame looking out to the corridor. 

"God he flew." I stared at the now empty spot where he was standing.

"Mmm. He helped carry you back with me."

"Interesting."

"Apparently he knows me better than myself. Both for past and present. I didn't even get to know him. Not even what he's studying. I didn't want to start the conversation in case he got distracted and dropped you. But he was just... His hair looked really soft too... " 

"You'll probably see him around. If not crash into you. Then maybe you can touch his ever soft fluffy as a golden retriever hair." I grinned, winking.

He punched me in the shoulder, using his foot to kick the door close.

"But he does look like a puppy!" I protested.

 "Brat. C'mon, let's eat. And if you ever faint on me again you're the one cooking for the rest of the year. I'll call Mr Lee for you." He pulled my hand to his and dragged me to the kitchen.

I sat there, finding whatever was happening infront of me faintly ludicrous. He was distracted. I watched him almost knock over the glasses he put infront of us, and then almost pouring the apple juice outside the glass. He was clumsy by nature, but not this bad. He dropped his head down on the counter with a loud crack, making me wince.

"Hyung?" I called.

 

Jonghyun POV:

I slammed the door behind me, the noise in the apartment immediately screeching into a halt, before it started again, hearing Key's incessant chatter and Taemin pops his head out from the kitchen.

"Hyung! Back already? Did he freak? Was he happy? What did you say? Did he say anything? Was the tallllll guy who got drunk there?" 

"Taemin-ah, I can't answer questions if you don't stop asking them." I groaned, pulling him by the shoulders into the kitchen to locate Key.

"But hyungggg..." he whined, pouting.

"C'mon Taemin, and you were saying you don't want to be regarded as cute?" I rolled my eyes.

"Stop sauntering Kim Jonghyun. As hot as you may be, I don't appreciate how you stick out your hips half the time. No one likes it." Key stepped infront of me to push a plate of fried rice into my arms and he then proceeded to kiss Taemin on the lips.

My spoon went halfway towards my mouth before I put it down, making a gagging noise. 

"Don't be jealous, hyung. It's okay if you don't get any." Taemin piped up as he took his bowl from Key, whose sly smirk faced the ceiling as his shoulders shook with laughter. 

I grunted and started to eat properly, picking off the crudely chopped carrots onto a paper towel. 

"Key, if you don't like carrots, its okay to not put it in our food. Look!" I stabbed one with the fork and brandished it in his face. It was a huge chunk of carrot.

"But I can't stand chopping it and even touching it! It's not fair to deprive you of it because of me." Key harrumphed as he sat down next to me, sipping water.

"Whatever, we've got to get to class soon. Kiddo here doesn't have anything till lunch. Oh and the lift is broken."

I stretched, checking through my bag to make sure I have everything. I heard the door click open and I hurried to see Key waiting for me already.

"Ninja." I muttered.

"Old dinosaur." he retorted.

We clattered down the stairs, talking.

"Break's in a couple of months, where do you want to go?"

"Maybe we could go to Daegu, you know, visit my parents and all, what is that noise?" he looked upwards at the screaming from the above flight of stairs.

Two people came running down and past us, but not before I recognized the impossibly tall person and familiar voice.

"CHOI MINHO GIVE ME BACK MY DAMN BAG!!"

"NO WAY! AND SHUT UP COS WE'RE GOING TO WAKE PEOPLE UP!" 

I froze there, pressed against the wall as they flew pass while Key mirrored me on the other side of the stairwell.

Suddenly I heard a gasp and I saw him falling. I was moving before I knew it, but I stopped in my tracks when he fell into Minho's arms who had found themselves around his waist, head buried in the crook of his neck. Key peeked over my shoulder. 

"Are they..." he whispered.

Minho laughed, and I saw the adoration in his eyes, reverence almost. But then the waves hit me sqaure in the face, when Jinki's head rose to give him what looks like a kiss on the cheek. I was vaguely aware of someone's breath hitching, someone pulling me away, someone whispering something into my ear. 

But.

Absolutely.

Surely. 

I've lost him.

 

 

Jinki POV: 

Paralyzed by the mere brush of fingers.

I placed the two glasses on the table, narrowly missing them as I poured the juice. I sighed, settling myself on the stool as I leaned on the kitchen's island counter, the cool marble reassuring.

I stuffed a forkful of the eggs into my mouth before dropping my fork onto my plate with a clatter. I mindlessly rubbed my fingers where his fingers touched mine. The skin felt like it was flaming. I slowly spread my hand across the marble, pressing my palm down. I dropped my head on the counter, sliding the plate away.

"Hyung?"

I groaned against the solid surface, turning my head to the side to look up at him. 

"Everything okay?"

I pushed myself up. 

"Not really." 

"Jonghyun?" 

I stared at him in surprise, and the corners of his mouth turned up. 

"He's part of your history hyung, it's fine to wonder why he seems to be so connected to you, or you to be enraptured by him, and whatever you are feeling about him. Something above tangibility. "

I hummed unthinkingly, smiling at him. 

"I just wish I can remember sometimes you know? It's so..." I move over to the living room, sitting on the armrest of the couch. "Frustrating, irritating, heart...." I trailed off, sliding myself backwards to fall backwards lying on the couch. I reached out a hand to grab the ball under the table, flinging it at the ceiling. 

"throbbing?" his voice cut in.

My breath caught and I swallowed hard, my dry lips before throwing a last rebound at the ceiling. I caught the ball hard to my chest, before my hands scrambled to hold it in place. I jerked myself upright, glaring. 

"How did you-" 

"Hyung, the last time you actually threw that damn ball at the ceiling was when we were still in Canada, and you were having problems with your feelings about, what is her name, Aine. Which I may remind you, when you were absolutely sure you were gay, and not biual. "

I cussed softly, earning a huge smug grin from him. I threw it at him, pulling myself off the couch to get changed. He ducked, the ball curving right past his head.

"Let's get to class."

I stared at my wardrobe, wondering what to wear. I don't even know why I mind now. His image flashed past in my mind, and I frowned. I shook my head violently.

"Here." Minho rested his arms on my shoulders, reaching past me to pull out a grey graphic shirt and a leather vest. "I swear you're getting obsessed."

"I'm not!" I protested, slipping off my sleeping clothes and and pulled on what he gave me along with black jeans. I huffed and picked up my glasses, slipping it on. 

"No, don't we-" I turned around to glare at him, having him backtrack. "Oh, actually, the glasses look good on you.." he raised his hands in defeat, before darting over and pushing me onto the bed, snatching up my bag and running off, the door slamming behind him. I lay there, stunned and confused before everything clicked. My bag. My laptop. My notes.

"HEY!" I shouted, grabbing my keys and phone before giving chase.

I raced down the stairs after him, the distance between us closed when he realized that the lift wasn't working. I felt my heart beating rapidly and my patience was wearing thin. We swept past a two people, making me wince as we narrowly missed them. I mentally groaned inside as he jumped down the 5 steps before him, furthering the distance. 

"CHOI MINHO GIVE ME MY DAMN BAG!"

"NO WAY! AND SHUT UP COS WE'RE GOING TO WAKE PEOPLE UP!"

I tripped up, making me gasp involuntarily, before feeling someone's arms wrap around me, and I realized Minho had caught me. I pressed my face in his shoulder when I felt that my feet were pressing into solid ground. This has happened probably a million times by now.

"Clumsy old man." he whispered affectionately. 

I sighed, before lifting my head up to whisper a reply back in his ear.

"Thanks." I pulled away, holding my hand out for the bag.

He planted it into my palm, and I smiled. 

Holding my other hand out, I looked up at him expectantly. His face showed confusion, and I rolled my eyes. I leaned over to grab his hand in mine, and I pulled him along.

"Let's go."