Nine.

my love.

 

"And with every step together, we just keep on getting better"

 

Awaiting his answer, her grin widens when he agrees to grant her request. It would come off as either a seemingly simple or one heck of a spontaneous request to anybody else, but to her, watching him dance before her eyes meant everything to her. Soonyoung, purely, meant everything to her.

Now filled with a heightened rush of anticipation for the impromptu performance her love will put on, she giggles when he does his classic gesture of placing a kiss on the back of her hand, the both of them standing under the sheltered bus stop that protects them from the incessant rainfall.

Not forgetting about the current conditions of the weather and the consequences that can follow if they stood out in the cold rain for a prolonged period of time, she almost wanted to stop him from stepping away from their newfound shelter. The last thing she’d want is for him to come down with even something as small as the common cold, and she knows he looks out for her in the same way. However, the spark she sees in his eyes when she popped the question towards him shows that he’s intent on following through with the request. Therefore, she decides to push her worries aside momentarily, watching as he prepares his dance.

 

From the very moment he plugs in his earphones to the first motion his body makes, her cognition shifts to audience mode, taking in as much of his swift movements as she could possibly make out through the rain.

 

Twist. Slide. Turn. Although there was no music to accompany them, the thoughts and emotions behind his every move can still come across to Jisoo and encapture her into his performance. It was a story ― a story spoken without words, but still a story translated through the raw passion pouring out from Soonyoung as he dances with ease. In that moment, it was just the two of them. Her the awe-struck spectator, and him the graceful performer, the rain serving as a beautiful backdrop in lieu of a state’s bright spotlights.

 

It was only a minute or so later when he slows down his movements and glides himself closer to Jisoo, singing the line of an all-too-familiar song of theirs that causes a cheeky grin to slowly make its way across her lips, gladly allowing him to pull her close and into his arms. “Oh, love…” she chuckles with a fond sense of amusement, wrapping an arm around his neck just as his slips around her waist. Listening to his gentle voice sing the next couple of lines, she begins to sway with him, looking up at him with a warm, loving smile when his fingers brushed against her cheek to bring some of her stray hair strands behind her ear and plug one of his earphones into it, letting Ed Sheeran’s rich vocals embrace her like a soft, thick blanket on a cold winter day.

 

Even when they both somehow ended up back out in the rain again, the emotions of absolute love she had for him never left her eyes and smile, keeping her gaze locked on his as the song’s lyrics makes a plethora of memories rush through her mind.

 

ver the years they spent as friends and lovers, they had went through so much together. Despite hardly getting into any serious fights or disagreements, that didn’t mean they didn’t long for each other when one couldn’t be around for some period of time, or get a little protective when something seems to threaten one of them. Just like other couples, they have their own roller coaster of ups and downs. Only, theirs is strengthened by the trust and affirmance they have in each other to keep things going, no matter the circumstances or barriers that may stand in their way.

 

God, Jisoo will stand against anything for Soonyoung. Whether it be the test of time or patience, she will always be determined to take on any challenges if it means she can continue to stand by his side for as long as she can.

 

Him and her? They were meant to be. Jisoo smiles as she lets that thought sink into mind, their two hearts beating together as one with their song playing over the sounds of the rainfall.

 

Soonyoung always knew how to treat her like a princess. Not only by using her favorite endearing nickname, but also making her feel as if she’s absolutely loved and taken care for. This moment was no exception, as he held her close by the waist and swayed and twirled her around, the empty streets no less than a grand, majestic ballroom.

 

He may be no Beast, and she may be no Belle. But like many of their other moments, this moment shall be a moment that will go down in their ongoing story together, made perfectly with him leaning in to capture her lips once again and the both of them held in each other’s embrace before the bus arrives to take the lovers to their next destination.