One.

my love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Love can come to anyone suddenly, like the summer rain."  


Rainy days are hard to come by, with the final months of the year approaching. Gone are the vibrant raincoats and umbrellas that filled the streets like a palette of colors for the dimmer shades of winter coats and boots to take its place, complete with the woven scarves that people would wrap around their necks to protect themselves against the season’s accumulating winds. Or at least, that was what Jisoo had thought until the smallest of raindrops makes its landing on her nose. One drop eventually becomes two drops, until the familiar ascending sounds of rainfall registers through her ears. Hurrying for cover, she breaks into a light jog to the nearest shelter  ― a vacant bus stop she’d normally occupy in the past.

 

It wasn’t as if she dislikes the rain. No. She wouldn’t even come close to despising it a single bit. Rain brings the remembrance of her childhood days spent at the playground, making splashes against the puddles with her Pikachu rainboots while her gleeful laughter sounded out the other children’s cries of annoyance. It is what embraces her like a warm sheet of blanket on a chilly day, the sounds of the raindrops acting as a form of white noise whilst she curls up on the sofa and flips through the pages of her favorite novels. It is also what accompanies her in the car as she makes her way from schedule to schedule, when her three younger members are whisked away to dreamland and she is left alone to her own thoughts, starting out the window as the everyday scenery of the streets go by her.

 

Lastly, but certainly not the least important, it makes her think of him. Soonyoung, with his eyes that shone as bright as the stars he’s named for and a smile that lit up the sky and parted the clouds of her world. She never fails to acknowledge that she is playing with fire, through the exuberant spirit he carries and the things he’d say to make her heart beat wildly. Nonetheless, his gentle touches and kisses are like the soft rays of sunlight that greets her every morning, brushing upon her skin with its tenderness and delicacy.

 

Soonyoung is like the raindrop, “the tear from the heavens” that fell into her life. But unlike the rain that comes and goes, he will always have a place by her side and in her heart, his presence having grown so vast that she cannot think of a day spent without him. He was the one that taught her what it meant to treasure and hold someone so dear to her, to pour all of her ever growing feelings and passions to someone she is so endeared with… to truly love.  

 

As Jisoo leans herself against the structure of the bus stop, she continues to let these thoughts run through her mind, gazing upwards towards the sky and watching the raindrops fall onto the streets before her with a soft smile. Soonyoung is not only the stars, flames, sun, and raindrops that make up her universe. He is the one that completes her; the one that owns the other half of her heart, if not the entirety of it. Forever will she be his and he be hers, and never will she cease in doing anything it takes to show him how much she loves him.