Eleven.

my love.

 

"Flowers bloom and wither and the seasons change 
But our love will last forever"


Be it or rain or shine, or a mere minute to an hour, Jisoo holds no complaints about standing out there in the cold. Any chilliness she could be feeling is dissipated with the warmth that exudes from Soonyoung’s embrace and the love that surges through her veins at every show of affection he displays to her during their little waltz by the bus stop.

 

It wasn’t until their pleasant reverie was interrupted by the sounds of the approaching bus that Jisoo becomes aware of where they are again, her eyes widening the slightest bit when she is pulled closer and steered around by Soonyoung’s protective grip so that she wouldn’t be splashed with the water coming up from the asphalts beneath the bus’ tires. Heart swelling with both endearment for her husband’s reflexive action and genuine concern over his now drenched back, she can only gape at him with an uncharacteristic silence.

 

Surely, her concern could have won over and lead her to fret over how she didn’t want him to get even more sick than he probably will be, a small frown finding its way across her heart-shaped lips before she was swiftly picked up and thrown onto his shoulder. At the sudden disorientation of the world before her and her body hanging limp over his shoulder like a potato sack, a whine escapes from her indeed as she proceeds to do all but land some playful and gentle hits to his back the whole way to the bus, still being careful not to hurt him through her fruitless attempts (and so that he wouldn’t drop her onto the ground, a result that would not go well for the either of them). Much needed to say, the movement had caught her off-guard, just like the other spontaneous acts Soonyoung would pull out to either entertain or . It was always a success every single time, as Jisoo couldn’t help but to go along with the ride out of the adoration she has for him. In the end, Jisoo was just like him. The raven-haired female would often have her own tricks and surprises up her sleeves, using them on her lover for the very same purpose as his own. Their good-natured, mischievous characteristics match up to each other perfectly, and perhaps that could be one of the many reasons why their relationship is inarguably symbiotic.

 

After being placed back down and her view of things becoming upright once more, Jisoo turns to Soonyoung to stick her tongue out at him, facing back towards the bus so she could offer the driver a salute of her own and make her way up the steps. Guided by her taller companion behind her, she walks with cautious steps to a row towards the back of the bus, careful not to slip on the water trails their shoes had left across the floors.

 

“Don’t think I won’t be getting revenge back on ya for that one,” she states with a soft huff and plops herself down onto the window seat (her favorite spot), turning towards her husband to meet his cheeky expression with a small pout on her lips. Despite the hint of an incongruous look on her face, anyone who knew them well would know that she’s not upset (how could she ever be, around him?) If that was the case, she and Soonyoung wouldn’t hesitate to talk about it first thing. That’s another reason why everything between them works so well, like yin and yang.

 

Curling her lips into a smile of content, she allows him to kiss and nuzzle close to her, leaning back into his touch as her hands reaches out for his own and lets her fingers fall into the empty gaps in between.

 

“I wouldn’t trade moments like these for anything else in the world…” she mumbles peacefully, resting her head against his shoulder and closes her eyes to the soft lull of the rain and the tune of the song he plays from his phone.


'Same here, my love,' she hums ever so quietly, burying her face into the crook of neck as she smiles at his words to her.


Same here.