Eight.

my love.

“You’re the sun who brings the night by its knees”


 

There are lots of things he liked about their interactions.

 

But if to count a few of them, he would choose three.

 

For one, the way they always get along with each other. Soonyoung knows that even if they had the biggest and most serious fight, they will eventually solve it out and forgive each other. And later on they would laugh about it since they had moved on. They respect each other's opinion, and never cease to talk about everything.

 

For two, the way he would always find his way back to her. Their connection became so deep that he senses her discomfort and can already tell what she is about to say and what she will have to say about any matters. And for that he could not be thankful for whatever got them together on this path, how they first started off as only friends and soon fell in love with each other. The love he has for her grows everyday and his heart never stops beating for her— the way she teases, and the small smiles she gives often, and her loving gaze. Her cheesy self and the way she would copy his lines to change them to something even better.

 

For three, most basic— the way they always fit with each other. There is nothing he favors more than to pull her into his warm embrace and shower her with so much love (not more than the slight he has giving her lots of neck kisses). And how their fingers will just automatically intertwine and fall into place perfectly.

 

He knows he will always find comfort as long as he has her. And as long as she has him.

 

So he couldn’t help but make a small skip of happiness forward when they started walking, hands still into each other’s. He didn’t care much how wet they got, or if they would get sick. No, scratch that; he cares if she will get sick, but he knows that there is no way he would allow that to happen. It may have been raining but it wasn’t cold to the point where you’d be shivering and your teeth would be clattering together, the breeze could barely be felt as the rain has taken over completely. But he feels the tug on his hand and looks over her with a small hum and a wondering look, quirking an eyebrow afterwards upon hearing her next words then breaking into a big smile after her question. He easily holds on to the gaze she gave and feels how he nods his head without even thinking twice.

 

“I can do it for you right here and now, dancing in the rain is a wonderful experience.”

 

But before that—

 

He makes sure they reach their location before stopping under the structure, turning to her with the same smile he held on. “My lady,” He started and brought up her hand he was holding to place a kiss on the back of it, “you’re wish is my command.” He lets his hand slip off as he takes long steps backwards, picking up his headphones and putting them in just like how he did a long while ago— he knew it wasn’t necessary for her to hear the music he was dancing to. The love he had and the emotions he showed through music wouldn’t dare to mistake you what type of music he listens to. He didn’t even bother restarting or moving on to the next song, its his body just started moving before he could even think of it.

 

Soonyoung was like the wind; he knew he had the skill to dance to any kind of music and genre. He could adapt his dancing and give a breathtaking performance, be it a simple beat or a heavy EDM, or some kind of orchestra. Thus, a wind— adapted to change and incorporated anything unexpected into his dance perfectly. His body was moving on his own to the beat of the music that was playing, the dance moves coming to him naturally as he once again pours all of his emotions and soul into every move. The rain surrounding hyped him up a little; and he remembers a vision of how his mother would scold him when she finds out he was outside in the rain dancing his way around puddles and muds and getting dirty all over. He also remember his young self smiling mischievously as he gives his apologies to his mother and ends up catching a slight cold the next day.

 

Dancing was worth everything. And she is everything; standing there looking smaller with the oversized jacket and the hoodie on her, precious as ever. Soonyoung couldn’t help the small smile that made his way to his lips soon when he sees her so mesmerized. It always satisfied him and made him happy whenever he saw the positive reactions over his dancing, seeing his beloved one enjoying it feels his heart with complete love, and he has no idea how much time passed, or how many songs he listened too. The playlist was on shuffle and before he knew it, a favorite artist he adores so much came on and started playing.

 

“I found a love” he started singing along, the smile still remaining on his lips as his next moves include a gentle glide closer towards her, “for me—” he reaches out to hold her hand again, stepping back a little bit so he could spin her gently right towards him. “Darling just dive right in” he grins once she’s much closer to him and he easily wraps her up with his own arm going over her small waist, “and follow my lead” he continued singing as he slides his hand down to her backbone so he give her a small push upwards to make her stand on his shoes instead, “well I found a girl, beautiful and sweet.” He grins softly at her, bringing his free hand and removing the hoodie to run his fingers down over her cheek and move some of her wet hair behind her ear, removing one of his ear plugs to gently put it in her own ear, his dance movements are careful, slow and meaningful; he will show her how much he can dance for her, just as much as his own heart does.

 

cause we were just kids when we fell in love
not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

 

He remembers they day he knew of this certain guy who was dating her. As biased as it is, he immediately did not like him. After all he had feelings for her back then and never had confessed (thought he had a perfect plan formed, if you may) that time. All he could else remember is the disappointment he felt and how he should have done something earlier to catch more of her attention. He didn’t want to interfere so he watched from the distance; supporting her and being there for her. But it was soon enough when he realized that she was waiting for him longer than before each day that passed by, and he never showed up as much anymore.

 

He doesn’t remember much afterwards —aside from the fact that he stopped showing up at some point— but he knows that he is thankful for fate had taken the sweet time to let the both of them be there for each other and build up a strong bond before going official.

 

but darling just kiss me slow
your heart is all I own
and in your eyes, you’re holding mine

 

The first kiss they shared nearly had his knees given up. The first one was really much of a chaste kiss; with her stepping up and planting a sweet peck on his lips as an answer after his confession. All he could do is smile big while in his imagination, he was flipping tables and the whole world itself. But the other ones that followed after were what he could live for.

 

Ah, yes, he lives for her.

 

He doesn’t know how far they made it away from the structure, but he was way too in deep through the song to notice. And of course that he made sure they didn’t near the street.

 

He sways and gently twirls around with her in his arms, as he starts to sing once again.

 

“Baby, I’m dancing in the rain” he nearly breaks out into a loud chuckle but manages to hold himself back knowing that she wouldn’t be surprised that he changed the lyrics, “with you between my arms” his voice was soft and smooth, calm and gentle as he paces around along with the slow music, “barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song; when you said you looked a mess” he leaned down to rest his forehead against hers. “I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it” with his voice going down lower and nearly turning into a whisper he looks straight into her eyes with pure love and affection;

 

“Darling you look perfect.”

 

He leans in fully and captures her lips to a sweet, long and loving kiss as the song keeps on playing.

 

Their song.