There's still hope, right?

When Will You See?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, what? You met at a bar and then started dating the day after? How could you not tell that relationship would never work out?”

“I- uh- no you’re right that was super dumb, Luhan way to make me feel bad.”

“Sorry, but I have to be brutally honest, I don’t like this Beak guy. He seems manipulative.”

“it’s Baekhyun, and he’s not. He was always in love with Chanyeol, it was obvious. I just chose to ignore it.”

Luhan sipped his bubble tea, across the table, Sehun’s water looked bland and untouched, “Do you-uh- want to try some bubble tea? It’s really nice?”

Sehun took the cup from Luhan’s hand, taking a tentative sip, his eyes widened as the tropical flavours burst on his tongue, “Woah! That’s so good!”

“I always get it when I’m sad, as cheesy as it sounds it always makes me bubbly.” Luhan shrugged and then blushed at his terrible joke.

“Luhan,” Sehun stared at the other boy, “that was . I know I should be polite because I just met you, but that was .”

The two laughed for the first time together. Jongdae and Minseok had left the two quickly after Luhan had introduced himself, excusing themselves to “go to the bathroom” just as they were walking out onto the street. The conversation at first was slow, Sehun being mad that Luhan already clocked he was heartbroken and lonely, it made him look weak, not something he would want. After 5 minutes of pressing Sehun for his story, Luhan had got what he wanted, purely down to persistence, he wanted to help but he couldn’t help but be nosy and find out what he was helping with.

“So anyway, you met, hooked up and got together, then what happened?”

Sehun sighed, “We spent some time together and it was great, he was cute, funny and feisty, he was like my best friend.

“Then his birthday came along and he seemed distracted all night, because some girl had taken a liking to his long time best friend. He seemed jealous, but I took no notice, I knew that he would go home with me that evening and assumed he was jealous because he couldn’t spend time with his friend.

“Things started getting out of hand when the girl left and Kyungsoo took-“

“Who’s that?”

“What?”

“Kyungsoo,” Luhan’s eyes flashed with recognition, “small guy? Big eyes?”

“Um, yeah,” Sehun was confused and just wanted to finish his narrative.

“I know his boyfriend, Jongin. We’re friends, he’s in my French evening classes.”

“Jongin learns French?” Sehun wanted to laugh, he also wanted to tell Chanyeol. But Chanyeol is occupied, he thought, with the one you love.

“Yeah, he’s terrible, anyway get back to the story, I have a feeling it’ll get juicy.” Luhan waved his hand dismissively at their mutual friend.

“Kyungsoo took Baekhyun out and they came back and told everyone to call a taxi. Baek was in a terrible mood and refused to look at me the whole ride home. Until I kissed him, I received no reaction.

He began talking whilst we were…you know-“

“ing?” Luhan placed his chin on his palms, like an interested child during story time. Sehun had never heard a swear word be spoken so innocently.

“Um, yeah. He started ranting about how people were saying he was obsessed with Chanyeol.

“Then it clicked, he was so obsessed with Chanyeol it should be illegal. I finally realised that he was not interested in me in the slightest. I had to tell him to stop.

“I was the one to break things off. I know I love him, but I can’t force him to love me so I called it off. He looked distraught but also understanding, so I knew it was the right thing.

“The story ends when I saw him and Chanyeol on his bed in the morning, cuddling as if they’d been married for years. They looked so perfect and right, I knew I could never compare. So here I am, alone and sad, talking to a weird stranger who I know nothing about but his name.”

Luhan seemed sad. A knowing look was placed on his face, behind the excited eyes. Sehun felt as if only he could tell this emotion was invading Luhan’s thoughts, he had an idea that Luhan was a very good actor and liar.

“I’m sorry Sehun, you know, if I were Baekhyun, we’d still be together.”

“Did this happen to you?” Sehun narrowed his eyes.

“What? Me? Never!” Luhan’s smile was as fake as Sehun’s love life.

“Luhan,” Sehun deadpanned.

“Look, buddy,” Luhan looked irritated, “I’m not just going to let you waltz in and tell me what I should spill. No it doesn’t work like that. I don’t have to tell you anything! , I don’t even need to be here, but here I am!”

“Ok, Ok!” Sehun stood up and faced the now standing man with clenched fists, “I’m sorry, I just thought-“

“Well stop thinking!”

“You’re right,” Sehun sighed, “sorry, just know if you ever want to talk, you can talk at me all you want.” Sehun then took a napkin and scribbled something down, “Here’s my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter