Maybe one day things will get better

When Will You See?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A yellow glow invaded Chanyeol’s closed eyes, opening them by force. He expected the curtains to have been closed, but he must have forgotten. He also expected the left hand side of his bed to be empty, but it was not.

Underneath the blue bed sheets lay a small figure, breathing lightly, blond hair messily framing his pale face. It was Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol sighed peacefully, reminding himself to capture this moment in his memory, for it was beautiful. He recollected the memories of Baekhyun sadly smiling at him, in his half asleep state, he still managed to skip a heartbeat at the thought. It broke his whole body to see Baekhyun cry, even in his drunk state of mind. Channel just wanted to fix the boy, whether it be through romantic love or platonic, whichever one Baekhyun would choose. For now, he was fine with just loving the boy and watching his small nose crinkle as he stirred.

“Chanyeol, stop staring, I’m trying to sleep.” Baekhyun sounded annoyed, but any fool would know better by noticing his tired smile.

“Mmm?” Chanyeol teased, poking his friend’s nose playfully, “Should I? I don’t know.”

“Yeah you should,” Baekhyun sniffled and touched Chanyeol’s hand to move it away lazily, “beauty sleep is precious.”

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and moved it to his side, “But you don’t need it.” He then began to tickle Baekhyun’s extremely ticklish side.

Baekhyun immediately burst into desperate laughter, rolling around trying to escape Chanyeol’s long fingers. He had become breathless from his giggles, yet the taller was relentless so resistance was futile. It somehow ended up with Baekhyun lying on top of Chanyeol, their breaths intermingling, blowing onto each other’s faces.

“Yeol,” Baekhyun looked straight into Chanyeol’s eyes imploringly, Chanyeol didn’t know what the boy was looking for but he lay there allowing him to keep searching.

Time seemed to stop as Baekhyun continued to gaze in silence. He was deciding something, Chanyeol could see his eyebrows raising and then coming down into a confused frown. The taller waited for the boy to make up whatever was on his mind. 

It was something Chanyeol was so glad he waited for.

With a deep intake of breath, Baekhyun leaned in slowly until his lips touched Chanyeol’s. It was soft, delicate but so wonderful- for both- to feel the sensation of electricity awaken the spark and ignite it after all those years. What was once a gentle caress of lips once, twice, three times, soon became deeper and true. They breathed together, lips hardly parting as they traced the shape of the other’s face. Channel’s thumb brushed across Baekhyun’s cheekbone a number of times, reassuring himself that, yes, this was happening. He once again felt the reality of the situation when a tongue slid across his bottom lip and he opened his mouth. The two mingled in each other’s mouths, sighing pleasantly, the world finally making sense to them. Baekhyun had never felt more alive than in this moment, who was he kidding when he claimed he was over Park Chanyeol? The kissing remained tame, the furthest they were planning to go thus far was french kissing, it was as if a silent mutual agreement was made to keep things simple for now.

Sure, Chanyeol enjoyed the kissing, but he enjoyed the huge grin stretching onto Baekhyun’s face as they pulled away finally. He had to lean in once more, just pecking the smaller as if congratulating him on his beautiful smile. This caused Baekhyun to giggle softly.

“Morning, Yeol,”

“Morning, Baek,” Chanyeol smiled back, knowing it would be nowhere near as beautiful, but he still got a peck from Baekhyun anyway, “Why did you just-“

“Because,” Baekhyun grinned, “you’re cute and I like you. Why else would I spend my entire birthday trying desperately to rid you of that Sooyoung girl? I want something, and that something is coffee dates with you. That something is buying a puppy in the future with you and naming it Iron Man and watching it destroy any furniture we buy together. Can I have that something? Would it be possible?”

“Hmmmm…” Chanyeol pretended to think deeply about Baekhyun’s request, causing the boy to slap his arm, “I need a bit more information, what exactly is the something?”

“You absolute ,” Baekhyun pouted, causing Chanyeol to poke his lips, making the younger slightly bite his finger, he then replied, eyes never leaving Chanyeol’s 

“Being with someone is comfort. Not being afraid to do the strangest things and get penalised for it. Being with someone is fun. Waking up and smiling being your first action of the day. Being with someone can be a trial. Especially if that guys a 6 foot 3 idiot who once hurt my feelings but is now the sweetest and gentlest giant I have ever met. Chanyeol, I don’t know how long I’m going to live for, I don’t know how long you’ll live for either. So whether it be growing old together or dying young together, the only thing that matters to me is being together. Jongdae was comfort. Sehun was fun. But neither brought me trials, they weren’t that something I was looking for.

“You’re That something Yeol. I’m sorry it’s taken so long for me to say it once more. I want you and nothing more nor less. The only thing that will make me truly happy is that something I’ve been looking for. People said yesterday I was obsessed and they’re ing right. I’m truly, madly and deeply in love with the way you live. Your attitude makes me want to hug you and kiss you all the time. You’ve grown up, from that cute lanky boy to a hunk and a clumsy one at that. But I’m in love with it. 

“I know your dreams were not achieved because it pained you to see me, and now it pains me to see that. I will always be there to make sure you pursue your dreams and never give up, because I want that for you and for myself. Your happiness is my happiness and that’s all you need to know. 

“So, Park Chanyeol. That’s my something, you.”

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun’s now blushing face, eyes glistening, but refusing to shed the tears. Baekhyun still loved him. After all those years, all that pain he had caused, the smaller still wanted him in the way Chanyeol wanted the other so badly. It didn’t feel like reality, Chanyeol didn’t believe he deserved such wonderful news. “Am I awake?”

This caused Baekhyun to frown, “What? Did you even listen? I can’t remember that entire speech it was kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter