Secret Code

Both Of Us: One shot Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Secret Code

Characters: Oh Sehun & Jung Soojung

Prompt: “You’re the only person I’ve told that to!”

 

 

     “Soojung, sweetie! You’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” Soojung hears her Mom shouts from the end of the staircase and she curses under her breath as she hurriedly buttoned her top uniform. She hadn’t even combed her long hair— she’d contemplate to cut this shorter later so she wouldn’t have problems combing it if she runs late again— “Oh gosh, I forgot to fix my bag last night! What the heck??”

     “Mommy! Is Sehun there? He promised me to walk me to school!” Soojung’s voice echoes along the hallway where Sehun and her Mother heard from the kitchen. Mrs. Jung shakes her head at how loud her daughter is as she prepares her lunch bag: putting the baked goods and rice meal she requested her to make. “Sorry for the loud morning, Sehun.”

     “It’s okay, Auntie. I’m used to it.” Sehun spoke, as soft as his personality. Mrs. Jung sometimes wonders how these two became friends when they’re both physically and personality-wise different; how could a silent and calm person like this neighbor guy gets to interact with her loud un-feminine daughter? They’re both like different sides of the magnet that should repel each other but she figures out that she’s wrong about them. These two are inseparable!

     “Is she always that loud in your school?” Mrs. Jung asks Sehun who was seated across her, enjoying the cookies she baked. He nodded without further ado and Mrs. Jung’s lips spread into a wide smile. “I wonder where that kid got that trait from.” She sighs and slides the lunch she also made for Sehun.

     “I’m betting not on my genes.” Mr. Jung’s voice echoed across the living room he was seated and both in the kitchen met eyes, sharing a smile as they both knew the answer to that. “One who has a mouth like a megaphone and one who has ears like a bat. I wonder what my superpower is…” She jokes in which he chuckles at.

     “Anyway, have you thought of what you’ll take in college, son? You only have one semester before you graduate. You need to think carefully of what you’ll take because that will determine your future! Are you going after your brother in America?”

     Before Sehun can answer that frightening question regarding his future, Soojung scrambled into the kitchen who looked like a mess but in Sehun’s eyes, he disregards that her hair is entangled from being not combed, she hugs her books with her other arm while her bag was still open and a few pages of her notebook peeps through. She rather looks cute with her rosy pink cheeks and bright smile that helps vanish all the worries he had in mind. Warmth occupied him and he knew from that exact moment that he cannot hide the fact that he had already fallen for her. I mean, who wouldn’t? She’s such a ball of sunshine, the gold at the end of the rainbow and extremely perfect with her imperfections. Sehun’s heart whispers how badly he likes this girl who unfortunately messes her uniform this time with the chocolate spread she dipped her finger from and laughs at her own misfortune, ignoring her mother’s rants.

     “Come on, Sehun baby! We’re gonna be late!” Soojung kisses her mother goodbye and looks over Sehun who was deeply entranced with her. “What are you looking at? Is it too obvious?” She peeps on her uniform again to look at the stain.

     “H-huh? Ah, no.” Sehun shakes his head, ears inflamed at how he just stared at her entirety back to chest; He gulps, taking the ill thoughts out of his mind. “Uh, Auntie, we’ll be leaving. Thank you for the cookies!”

     And the look on her Mother’s face accompanied with a sly smirk made him a hard time to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter