Chapter 8: You're my heart break-orrr

A Judragon Story

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for not updating. Thank you again so much for reading my story. I almost cried when I saw the number of the reads. I was just so happy. Thank you. Hope you'll stay tune and read this story 'til the very end.

For those of you who are wondering how Juri knew Young Bae, revisit chapter 3. I think it's at the end-ish part of the chapter. 

And for those who don't know what a "Noraebang" is, it's just korean for karaoke where they rent a room for with a karaoke.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I cleared my throat and answered the phone excitedly "Hello?" I didn't bother looking at the caller ID because I was hoping it was someone important... 

"Hey Juri-ah! It's me,"...but it was not.

"What's up?" I asked disappointed. I was hoping it was Young Bae. After I called him last night to say goodnight. That phone call was so magical.

"I just want to tell you that it's exactly 7 days and 6 hours 'till my wedding," 

"Ya! It's just nine in the morning! It's not even Monday and I'm waking up this early? I thought it's something important. Could you just be more considerate and not call me again in this time of the day? You just called me to-"

I heard sobbing on the other line. Here we go again. I rolled my eyes as I listened to what she was about to say. "I'm... just... happy... I'm... finally getting married... and... I thought... you are.... gonna be happy to!" She hanged up the phone.

"Now my morning's ruined."I pulled the sheets back my chest and proceeded with my wonderful dream of my knight, Young Bae.

I was very close to sealed out lips together in a mystical garden then my phone rang.

I forced myself to sleep again to continue my fantasy but a sudden loud knock on my bed room door shook the remaining sleep off me.

I opened the door quickly "What?" I snapped.

"Oh... Did I wake you up?" Jiyong said apologetically. "Sorry, it's just... Nevermind" He turned his heel and walked away reluctantly with his head low.

I reached for his shoulders and turned him to face me again.

"Wait! I'm sorry to snap at you. It's just..."

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" he continued smirking slightly

"Yeah that..." that was weird, he finished my sentence. Can he read minds? I shook the thought and continued what I was saying.

"So what's up" I saw him hiding something from his back. I tilted my head to get a look what's behind but he brought it out and shook it in front of me. It was a brochure to a carnival.

"I was thinking... Since it's our day off we should go to the carnival?" He said but more like a question.

"But..." I was suppose to visit my family today like I planned.

"No buts, we are going today, so dress up, ok? My treat." He left almost skipping with joy. I just don't understand that boy. Last night he was in a bad mood. And now, he's bright as the sun. 

I don't mind going to the carnival. Besides, it's free. Who wouldn't want to have free visit to the carnival? I decided to not visit my little sister today since she ruined my morning. I'll just visit her next time before the wedding.

Going to the carnival gave me an idea. I ran to reach my phone and pressed redial button.

A smooth voiced guy answered the phone which made my heart skip a beat.

"Hello?"

"Oh hi Young Bae! It's me Juri. Did I wake you up."

"Hi Juri! No, you didn't. I was up ages ago, because I can't sleep," I wonder why? I hope it was because of me. I giggled to myself. Oh Juri, you and your fantasies.

"Why did you call?"

"I was just wondering. Are you free today?" I twirled my short hair and shuffled my feet like a nervous high school girl.

"Uhmm.. Yeah! You want to meet up?"

Who doesn't?

"Uhm yeah! Me and Jiyong, my housemate, are going to the carnival. You wanna go?"

Very smooth, Juri, very smooth.

"Sure!  I haven't been to the carnival for ages! I'll be there in half an hour. See you!" then he hanged up.

Jackpot!

"See you, my love." I whispered before throwing my phone on my bed and ran to the kitchen.

"Hey Jiyong! Can I tag one of my friends along?"

There was no reply.

"I take that as a yes?"

Still no reply.

"Thank you!"


---

I got dress in less than an hour and went to the living room and saw Jiyong reading a newspaper and seemed serious. 

"Bad news?" I asked while fixing my red dotty dress and checking my shoes. I don't usually wear these kinds of clothes but I needed to look pretty in front of Young Bae of course, not that I'm already pretty.

He looked up with a scowl on his face then suddenly vanished and smiled at me. "Ready?" I really think there's something wrong with Jiyong. His moods change so quickly.

"Oh... can we wait for my friend? I invited him too." I saw his face gone blank again. 

"What friend?"

"You know, the one I told you about last night. I asked you if he can go. You said yes."

"I did not!" he started to walk off but he stopped like he remembered something. "But I guess, if he's your friend, he can go."

---

 

The ride to the carnival was very long and the atmosphere is really quiet. Jiyong was not in a good mood and Young Bae refused to talk. I introduced them an hour ago and they seem alright with it but I sensed that Jiyong was not happy about it.

"Hey Jiyong, are you alright?"

I saw him frown and looked at me quickly.

"I'm alright." He muttered.

"If you say so."

----

"This is awesome!" I heard Young Bae shouted. I turned around and saw him in one of the stands with a big jar of jelly beans, bigger than me.

I grabbed Jiyong and walked to Young Bae. We pushed through the mass of people surrounding the stand and finally went to the front.

"How many jelly beans do you think there is?" I heard Young Bae asked.

"I think-" I answered but I was cut off by a girl beside Young Bae.

"I don't know, 100?" The skinny girl answered.

"I don't know, 100?" I mocked. My mouth hang wide open as I watched the two as they had a conversation and introduced themselves to each other. They were like perf- No Juri, don't admit it.

I was going to go to Young Bae to stop the thing that was happening between them but I was push by someone until I was at the back of the crowd and can't push again to the front.

I gave up and stood beside Jiyong and stole some of his cotton candy.

"Hey guys, I'd like you to meet Dara. She said that she came here alone and I don't want to let this poor girl wander around alone so I was thinking... Maybe she could join us?" Young Bae explained.

This was not happening. Young Bae was totally in for Dara. They just met! How did she introduce herself to my man and steal him away from me in less that a minute?

"Sure! It would be like a double date!" Jiyong spoke in a cheerfull tone and proceeded eating his cotton candy.

"Double what?" I asked but they just ignored me and walked away.

We went to every ride in the carnival and at the end, we ended up in a noraebang. It was supposed to be fun but stupid Dara was there. She sang most of the time and the two boys seemed to like her. I was left out. So I pushed her off the stage and selected the song which was very accurate for that moment.

"Haruedo myeot beonssik neol bomyeo useo nan" I started one my all time favorite songs. 'Only look at me' by Taeyang. I thought it was the most appropriate song for that moment.

I saw them talking to each other and laughing and having fun. I hate that Dara. Stealing my Young Bae.

I didn't realise that I stopped singing until Jiyong grabbed the mic off my hands and entered a lively song on the machine and started singing.

Before I knew it, Young Bae and Dara was saying goodbye to us and Jiyong and me was sat on the sofa in the noraebang.

"Thank you, guys for inviting me! I had so much fun. Maybe we could all hang out again?"

"Sure Young Bae. No problem. Have fun you two!" Jiyong waved and the two were gone leaving me and Jiyong.

"Well. We still have more snacks and the mic is all ours," He turned his head smiling. "So what do you say?"

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I thought it was long so I stopped there but it turned out, it was not. So I hope you like it.