Chapter 4: Hidden Memories

A Judragon Story

Was this the end? I'm gonna die. I can see my life rushing through my vision as I stared at the big box falling from the top of the shelf.

Everything went slow motion and I closed my eyes and inhale the moment, getting ready for my destiny. I remembered the sun was just rising because it was only 6 in the morning.

I waited for the big box to fall. I squinted my eyes harder and felt nothing. I opened my eyes and saw the box fell on the floor few inches from me. That was the moment when I realised I still wanted to live. My heart started to pick up pace and my knees got weak, I fell on the floor as my vision blurred.

"I really was lucky." Remembering what the elders in our neighborhood were telling me when I was a child.

I heaved heavily and looked at the torn box. I spotted pictures of me and my friends when we were little. I suddenly forgot what happened to me and wiped my tears with my dusty hands which made my eyes more painful. I blinked few times and moved closer to the box.

I opened the box completely and saw photo albums and scattered pictures.

I picked up one of the photo and I saw a very beautiful girl with her front teeth missing but she didn't care, she was smiling like she had no worries and didn't have a care in the world. She looked really happy with her friends surrounding her and singing 'Happy Birthday'. I saw it was he seventh birthday.

"This little girl is really pretty, she should be a model" I stared at the picture. "Oh wait, this was me!" I said, amused, to myself. I laughed and realise I was one fine child. I stopped laughing because I sounded like one of those person who likes children like in a bad way.

 

I turned the page of the photo album and I saw pictures of me, Mi Reh, Han Na and Ji Nah together and happy and as I flicked through the album I saw the people in the picture increase its number until everyone had boyfriends with them. I saw my face became less and less happy than the one I saw earlier. And then I flicked on the next page and saw just me, celebrating my birthday, alone, in my apartment and no sign of happiness in my smile.

"I am really alone huh?" I told myself but I suddenly remembered that Jiyoung was coming today, which cheered my up a little. I needed to clean her room before she gets here I thought.

 

I got up and grabbed the cleanin supplies. I boxed everything that was in there. That room used to be a storage room but today, it was going to be no longer a storage room but was going to be a room for my new house mate, new companion and friend. I was so excited so I packed everything quickly.

As I mop the floor, the memories of our friendship fading slowly was still hurting me inside and made me depress but I mentally shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. "I really need to fix our friendship but I can't be the third anymore!" I clenched my fist and taking a mental note to do my best to find a boyfriend too. I shook my head and tried to focus on cleaning.

 

 

I put down the bucket of soap and sponge and looked at my accomplishment. I did a pretty good job! I thought. I packed my cleaning stuff and smelled the room. It no longer smelled like dusty papers and moulding cheese but it smelled like new washed linens. It smelled good, better than the smell in my room. This was great.

My telephone rang, waking me up from my daydream about what I will do with my new house mate. I ran to the living room to answer it and I almost slipped.

I fixed my hair and cleared my throat.

"Hello?" I said in a low voice. Wow! My telephone voice is so y! I thought as the person on the other line answered.

"Uhm.. Hello Juri, it's Jiyong! I'll be there in 5 minutes. Is that ok?" I can hear there was a sound of car in the background. It sounded like he was driving on the way here! Oh no! I wasn't dressed yet! The dust was still stuck in my hair.

"Yeah! That's fine! Take your time!" I ended the call and ran to the room and changed my clothes.

I didn't realised it's almost ten A.M. already!

I quickly brushed my teeth ran to the living room and sat on the sofa, pretending reading a magazine.

The doorbell rang after a minute or two and I sprinted to the door. Opening the door I saw a guy? Why was there a guy in my front door holding flowers? Where was Jiyoung, I thought. I tilted my head and I swear I looked cute tilting my head.

I didn't say I was complaining, I love flowers, but who the heck was this guy?

The guy handed me the flowers revealing his face. It was Jiyoung! My eyes almost popped out of my eye sockets as I realised who it was. It was Jiyoung! He looked so... Manly.

I can't believe this. Jiyoung was a boy? So he pronounced his name right all along?

I mentally slapped myself. Oh Juri why are so stupid sometimes?

 

I can't take a boy in my apartment!





 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry if it's too short because I think the next part should be in the next chapter. I will try to update soon, promise. So don't kill me.
Thank you for reading, I really appreciate the support. Thank you. Love you all xoxo