Chapter 6: So Happy Together

A Judragon Story

I woke up to the smell of bacon and freshly baked bread. "Am I in heaven?" I said with a groggy voice. It was been so long since I ate a proper breakfast.

I rubbed the sleep off my eyes to see I was in my room. "Who's cooking?" I scratched my head. "Mom?"

I went downstairs quickly, still wearing my duck pajama and didn't bother to change.

When I was near the kitchen, i heard someone was humming. Humming? My mom doesn't hum. I grabbed the first thing I saw, the broom,  and hold it in front of me.

I slowly tiptoed to the kitchen, spotting Jiyong. I sighed in relief and put the thing I was holding on the floor. Then everything came back to me.

 


 

Jiyong moved into my apartment last night and he was unbelievably very happy about everything. Even when I told him Gordon died. He just told me "It's ok Juri, it's not your fault. Sometimes, everyone has to go but at least you have me!" With that, I realised that he was right. He could be my new best friend, like Gordon. It made me happy knowing that I wouldn't be alone in my dark apartment anymore because Jiyong made it happier than it was since I moved into this old apartment.



 

 

His cheerfulness was really contagious, even I was happy. "Good morning Jiyong!" I walked to the kitchen, spotting a table full of food. How much food was in my fridge? I didn't remember buying food and I also recall my fridge telling me to feed it because it was empty.

My eyes were big in shocked and Jiyong when to the table carrying another plate-full of bacon. "Wh-when, wh-where, ho-HOW?" That was all I can say because I was drooling on the treasure the lies upon the table.

Before he could answer, I jumped to one of the chair and started to fill my plate with every one of the food on the table.

Jiyong sat across me smiling and chuckled. "Consider it as a token of gratitude," he said "do you like it?" He grabbed a plate and started filling it.

I took a big bite on the waffle and it was the most beautiful thing that touched my mouth. "This is really good! Did you make all of this?" I said in a mouth full. "Uhum!" He replied with a mouth full of bacon. I laughed at the look of our faces and he seemed to realise it too and joined me.

It was so nice to have someone with you. I felt like I was a child again.



After breakfast I got ready for my work. And left early because I didn't want to be late again and I didn't want to get fired. Even though I hate my job as an assistant of the editor in a fashion magazine, that was the only job I had that paid my bills so I can't be fired.

"See yah Jiyoung." I said and closed the door. I wondered what time does he go to work? That reminds me, does he really work in a pet shop?




"JURI!" The fatso- I mean Mr Fox called me in a big voice that everyone on the department faced me and was looking at me with terrifying looks. I wasn't scared of Mr. Fox, he's just really annoying and ill tempered most of the time, but we get along... Sometimes.

I popped my head in his office to see why. "Yes, Mr. Fox?"

I saw him holding a pile of paper in his hands and handing them to me. "I want you to make me 50 copies of this for the conference later... And I thought I told you to file all of this..." he threw his palm above the junk on his desk like a fortune teller trying to see what was on the crystal ball, but the crtystal ball was the mess on his desk. "...by today? I was just gone 3 days and what did you do? Nothing? Did you have another days off?" He raised his voice I could see a vein was almost popping.

"But Mr. Fox, you didn't tell me what to do with all those. I couldn't decide which ones are junk and which ones are really junk." I almost regretted saying that. Fatso really loved what he does. Every sketch he did was treasure even if he drew it on a piece of tissue, it was still precious to him.

Mr. Fox stood up "Just get me the photocopies. NOW!" Even he doesn't scared me, I still hurried to go to the photocopying machine expecting someone to be there. Perhaps a y janitor or a smart looking office staff.

 

 

When I got to the photocopying machine, I saw Perfect . I called him that because he had a really nice behind. I liked it!

I got close to see the real deal and when I got closer, I smelled something familiar, something sweet and hypnotizing. I got closer and whispered in his ear. "Hey there, can I use the mach-"

I saw the goosebumps formed on his neck, he turned to me, revealing his face. It's him again." I didn't know he works here." I thought. Maybe it really was destiny.

"You!" He glared at me with so much disgust written all over his face. Why was he so disgusted? I remember taking a shower this morning. I smelled my pits and looked at him confused. I smelled good.

"How did you get here?" He said, pointing a shaky finger at me. I grabbed his finger and pulled him to me, causing us to bump on each other. I grabbed his collar. "I work here, big boy. See?" I showed him my ID, to prove that I really was photogenic and worked there.

I saw him sweat big beads as if seeing a ghost or something. I kissed his nose and he pulled away. I saw him grabbed a pile of paper and ran like a baby. "See you again, Seunghyun-shi!"

I realised what I was supposed to do. I turned the machine on and started copying the pile was on the desk, really quickly.

 

 

"I kissed his nose! Ah. My life is so great." I thought as I skip to fatso's office while big smile was plastered on my face. As I entered the room I was greeted with more nag from fatteh. "What took you so long? I was waiting here for more than an hour." I handed him his files and turned around, not bothering to answer his question or even apologise. "Wait." I stopped on my tracks and turned to face him.

"What is this? This is not what I want you to copy!" He was so red and was pulling his hair in annoyance. "Get out! You're fired!" What? This couldn't be! I knew I copied his files. I looked at what he was holding. It wasn't the files he handed me! How did that happen? Then I realised what happened. "Seunghyun." I hissed. He always brings me bad luck!

But his last words echoed in my head over and over again. "Did I just got fired?" I thought. What was I suppose to do now?

"But Mr-" he cut me off by revealing a big bat under his desk. It was huge.

"GET OUT!"

I didn't think twice of staying in the room and I ran out of the room and grabbed my things quickly as possible.

 

 

"I can believe I'm fired!" I murmured to myself as I walk to my apartment. I opened the door and was greeted by Jiyong.

"Hey Jiyong! Where are you going?" I asked, looking at what he was wearing. He was wearing a V-neck white T-shirt with skinny jeans and combat boots. It was simple attire but really suited him. "Juri? Why are you home so early?" he asked without answering my question. He saw what I was carrying and grabbed it from me. "I'll get that." He placed it on the coffee table and sat on the sofa. He tapped the seat besides him with a concerns in his eyes. I openely took the seat and sighed.

"I got fired." I wasn't crying because I didn't even like the job but really upset knowing that my income wouldn't be enough for the whole month.

We were silent for a while then Jiyong suddenly stood up and grabbed my hand. "Get up and get dress! We are going to the pet store!" He pushed my up the stairs.

"Jiyong, I don't need another fish to cheer me up." I said deadly.

"We're not gonna buy a fish. Just get dress ok?"




We arrived at the pet store. I still didn't get why Jiyong brought me here.

We entered the store and everyone stopped what they were doing and greeted Jiyong.

He must be the employee of the month.

We stopped at some sort of an office at the back of the store. "Jiyong, what are we doing here?"

"Starting today, you'll be an assistant." He said proudly.

"But you're not even the mana-" he cut me off by saying. "I'm not the manager. This is my pet store. I'm the owner."

My eyes got wider. "This is HIS pet store? He must be really rich!" I thought.

"And you'll be my assistant! You'll need to stay by my side at all time. We will be work buddies!"

My heart stopped for few seconds. "Did he say we're going to be 'working buddies'?"



 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: I was going to upload this on Friday but my internet was out. But I guess it's fixed, now. I'll update soon! So just keep on reading ok? Hope I could hear from you of what you think about my story. :) xoxo