Loving You

Remember

As Baekhyuns eyes closed for the last time, his eyes shot open to find Chanyeol knelt in front of him, a concerned expression on his face. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in shock, trying to take in everything he had just learnt.

 

Chanyeols own eyes widened as he brought up a hand to wipe away Baekhyuns tears, Baekhyun had no idea when he had started crying, but as he noticed, uncontrollable sobs left his mouth as he threw his arms around Chanyeol and hugged his boyfriend tightly.

 

"I'm sorry...I never should have left you." He whispered between his cries. Chanyeols arms came around Baekhyun to hold him comfortingly, "I never should have left you." Chanyeol muttered in reply. Baekhyun shook his head adamantly, "No, if you had stayed, we would never see each other again.".

 

Chanyeol sighed, "Even so, it's been so hard since you left, there were times when I felt like giving up, I couldn't bear the thought of being without you any longer.". Baekhyun tightened his hold, if it was possible, "But I'm here now, we're finally together.". Chanyeol nodded, "And I won't let anything come between us again, I promise.".

 

Baekhyun pulled back to look at Chanyeols face, he brought his hands up to cup the others cheeks, he leant forward and rested his forehead against Chanyeols, Baekhyun closed his eyes and revelled in the closeness. Knowing how close he had been to never seeing Chanyeol again made him feel undeniably relieved that he could be with Chanyeol like this.

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes open slowly and studied Chanyeols face, it was exactly the same as it had been the day he left, as if not a moment had passed since then, Chanyeol had a warm smile on his face as he regarded Baekhyun. 

 

Chanyeol brought his own hands up to grasp Baekhyuns, he pulled them into his own hands and brought Baekhyuns smaller palms up to his lips where he placed light kisses along them. Baekhyun let out a smile, it was something Chanyeol had often done before and Baekhyun adored the way Chanyeol payed attention to every single part of him.

 

His shirt sleeve slipped down slightly and something caught his eye, Chanyeol noticed this and let go of his hands, a questioning look on his face, Baekhyun pulled his sleeve down, both his and Chanyeols eyes widening as they took in Baekhyuns arms, “They’re back.” Baekhyun whispered in awe as he traced the swirling designs that adorned his arms.

 

Chanyeol broke out into a huge grin, “That’s amazing, I was so worried it wouldn’t happen, do you think they all came back?”. Baekhyun smirked, “I guess we’ll just have to check later.”. Chanyeol quirked an eyebrow, “I like your thinking.”.

 

As Chanyeol leaned in to kiss Baekhyun, a figure came out of nowhere, knocking Chanyeol over and falling on top of him. Baekhyun was shocked at first, until he realised it was just Jongdae, who had tackled Chanyeol in a hug. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled at Chanyeols perplexed expression, Minseok came up from behind him and detached Jongdae from Chanyeol, Chanyeol sat up and let out a laugh, “As much as I appreciate the affection, I don’t think it was necessary to knock me over.”.

 

“I think I can say this for all of us; thank you so much Chanyeol, if it weren’t for you, none of us would have ever been together again. I can’t even begin to understand all the pain you had to go through, but I just want you to know I will forever be grateful for what you did.” Jongdae replied with a sincere expression. 

 

A sad smile came over Chanyeols expression as the others came together, “Jongdae isn’t the only one who’s grateful, we all are, Chanyeol, you truly are our saviour.” Junmyeon added. 

 

A tear escaped the corner of Chanyeols eye, trailing down his cheek as he looked at each of his friends, “I’m just sorry I couldn’t do it sooner, you all had to wait so long to be together, with no memories of anything.”. 

 

“Don’t you dare blame yourself Chanyeol, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry about.” Yixing declared, his tone not allowing any room for argument. Yixing broke away from Junmyeons hold and made his way to Chanyeol, who was still sat on the floor, crouching down, Yixing wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and pulled him close.

 

Baekhyun grinned as one by one, his friends joined in until Chanyeol was practically being suffocated under his friends affection.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and mouthed ‘Help me’, Baekhyun laughed and stood up from his chair, “Alright, give me him back, we have some catching up to do and we can’t exactly do it with an audience.” Baekhyun announced. The others groaned at Baekhyuns words and pulled back from Chanyeol, “Trust you to ruin our reunion with that.” Luhan noted, rolling his eyes. 

 

Baekhyun went towards Chanyeol and pulled him up from the floor, entwining their fingers, he sent a grin to the others, “I guess we’ll be seeing you all tomorrow then, I mean we probably have a lot to catch up on, but I’m sure you would all rather be doing some catching up of your own, right?”.

 

The light blushes on the others cheeks told Baekhyun he was correct, with a laugh he tugged Chanyeol out of the room, “Don’t stay up too late!” He called.

 

The walk back to Chanyeols room was spent in silence, Baekhyun simply wanted to take in Chanyeols presence, despite the fact that he had been asleep for the majority of the time, he still felt as though he had been away from the taller for far too long and all he wanted was to hold onto the other and not let go ever again.

 

They entered the room and Baekhyun turned to close the door, as soon as he locked it, a pair of hands whirled him around and he was pressed against the door, Chanyeols lips on his. Baekhyuns eyes fluttered closed as his arms looked around Chanyeols neck, the tallers arms wrapped around Baekhyuns waist.

 

The kiss was intense and filled with so many emotions that it sent Baekhyun reeling, one thing stood out and that was the pure love and affection Chanyeol held for him, it was as if the taller was trying to communicate everything he hadn’t been able to say all this time.

 

Baekhyun began to feel lightheaded and he pulled back slightly, looking up at Chanyeol in a daze, as the taller went to kiss him again, Baekhyun raised a hand, placing a finger over Chanyeols lips.

 

“Shower first.” Baekhyun stated, Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his face, Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Alone.” He emphasised. Chanyeol pouted and made a disapproving noise. 

 

Baekhyun laughed and patted Chanyeols cheek, “But...Maybe once I’m done?” He offered, a hint of a smile playing over his lips. Chanyeols eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly, Baekhyun hummed and went into the bathroom.

 

Baekhyun deliberately took extra long in the shower, he did enjoy making Chanyeol frustrated, humming obnoxiously loudly, he washed his hair, completely aware of how impatient his lover was.

 

He deemed forty minutes was torture enough and he switched off the water, he used a towel to dry himself off, tying it securely around his waist, he stepped out the bathroom and grinned at the sight of Chanyeol who was lay on the bed in just his boxers, “Miss me much?” He questioned with an innocent tone.

 

Chanyeol gave him a slight glare,that did absolutely nothing to deter Baekhyun, “Do you know how many years I have had to wait and you decided it was the perfect opportunity to have the longest shower in history.” He complained.

 

Baekhyun shook his head at Chanyeols whining and strolled over to the bed, he climbed on to the bed and sat on top of Chanyeol, hovering over him with a sweet smile, “Well you have me now, so what are waiting for?” He asked as he leant down to kiss the frown off of his boyfriends mouth.

 

Chanyeol hummed in contemplation, “I dunno, I might go for a shower.” He tested, Baekhyun schooled his expression, knowing Chanyeol was playing games and let out a sigh, “Well...I guess I’ll just get some sleep then, it’s been a long day.” He added as he slipped next to Chanyeol in the bed, he turned away from the taller, pretending to go to sleep.

 

Chanyeol let out a low growl and flipped Baekhyun over so that now he was hovering over the smaller, he wore a wicked smirk as he gazed down at Baekhyun, he traced a finger down Baekhyuns neck and the smaller shivered at the touch, “Or..Maybe...we can have some fun?” Chanyeol commented with a suggestive tone.

 

Baekhyun quirked an eyebrow, “And what kind of fun would you be suggesting there?” He inquired, as if he couldn’t clearly tell what Chanyeols intentions were.

 

Chanyeol hummed once again, he leant down so that he could whisper into Baekhyuns ear, “The kind of fun that will keep you up until sunrise.”, Baekhyun felt breathless at the closeness, “Well shouldn’t we get started, you’re wasting time here.” He muttered back.

 

Chanyeol rose back up, his smirk still in place, “With pleasure, my love.”.

 

~

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes open, warm sunlight streaming through the window, he shifted and felt something holding him down, he looked down and smiled sleepily as he found an arm looped around his waist, holding his against a warm chest.

 

Baekhyun turned over to face Chanyeol, the taller stirring at the movement, Chanyeols eyes flickered open, his sight landing on Baekhyun. A grin appeared on his face as he brought a hand up to caress Baekhyuns cheek, “Hey beautiful.” He greeted. 

 

Baekhyun grinned in return and leant up to place a kiss against the tallers lips, “Good morning.” He replied. A loud rumble interrupted the quiet causing Baekhyun to chuckle, “Food time?” He guessed, Chanyeol nodded, “Definitely.”.

 

Baekhyun made to get up, however, as he sat up a pair of arms tightened around his waist, locking him in place, “You know we have to get up if you want breakfast?” He told Chanyeol. “Maybe if we hope really hard, someone will take pity on us and bring us food.” The taller tried, Baekhyun sighed and pushed the arms off of himself. 

 

Before Chanyeol could catch him, he escaped from the bed and began to rummage through Chanyeols clothes to find something to wear. He glanced behind him to see if Chanyeol had moved, only to find him staring at Baekhyuns back with a silly smile, “See something you like?” He turned the others words back on him. Chanyeol grinned and adjusted himself so that his arms were folded under his head, “Maybe.”.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and grabbed a pair of underwear along with his jeans and a shirt he had found, he headed into the bathroom, ignoring the whine Chanyeol let out as he locked the door. He swiftly got washed and dressed, now that he was properly awake, he realised that he was pretty hungry as well.

 

Once he was finished, he left the bathroom and found Chanyeol walking around the room in only his underwear, “Well you aren’t wearing that to breakfast.” He stated, sending a pointed glance to his boyfriends lack of clothes.

 

Chanyeol looked down at himself as if he was perfectly presentable, “Why not, I was thinking of starting a new trend?” He questioned. “As much as I support you and your dreams, I don’t do sharing and definitely not when it comes to my very hot boyfriends, very hot body.” Baekhyun stated. 

 

Chanyeol grinned and walked towards Baekhyun, he wrapped his arms around the smaller waist, “And would it make you jealous if all those hopeless fan girls were to see your very hot boyfriends, very hot body?” The taller pressed, the grin still stuck on his face.

 

Baekhyun gave him an unimpressed look, “it would make me about as pleased as it would you if I told you no sleeping in the same bed as me for the next month.”. Baekhyuns threat didn’t seem to faze Chanyeol, “And what makes you think you would last that long? Don’t forget, I’ve waited years for this.” He countered.

 

Baekhyun let out a laugh, “Oh baby, what makes you think I would have to last that long? I’m sure one of the others would gladly let me join them.” Baekhyun tapped his lip in contemplation, “Hmm...maybe...Luhan? He told me I’m always welcome with him and Sehun.” Baekhyun suppressed a laugh as he could see Chanyeol getting wound up.

 

Chanyeol glared at him, “You wouldn’t dare.”. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, “And what makes you think that?”. Chanyeols jaw twitched as they stared each other down, Baekhyun didn’t relent, he had always been the best at staring people down, people tended to flinch away when Baekhyun focused on them. Chanyeol was somewhat more experienced but he would back down eventually.

 

As expected Chanyeols glare softened into a pout, “You wouldn’t really do that would you?” He questioned, his tone contained a hint of sadness that made Baekhyun feel bad, he hadn’t meant to upset Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun gave him a soft smile, he reached a hand up to run his fingers through the tallers hair, “Of course not baby, I only love you and that won’t ever change, you know that right?” He assured.

 

Chanyeol nodded, still pouting, Baekhyun pulled the taller down into a hug, wrapping his arms around Chanyeols broad shoulders tightly, he ran a hand up and down Chanyeols back reassuringly and smiled as he felt the other relax and hold him tightly in return.

 

Baekhun turned his head and placed a kiss against Chanyeols temple, “Now, you go get dressed and then we can go get some food.” He instructed, Chanyeol hummed in agreement and grabbed his clothes from the bed.

 

Once Chanyeol was ready, they headed to the cafeteria, finding the others already there, the two of them sat down, facing Luhan and Sehun. Chanyeol discreetly glared at them, still clearly annoyed by Baekhyuns words from earlier.

 

To prevent any further confrontations, Baekhyun sent Chanyeol to get them both food, as soon as the taller was far enough away, Luhan leant forward, “Baekhyun, why is Chanyeol glaring at us?” He inquired. Baekhyun sighed, “I may have told him that if he didn’t get dressed, I would make him sleep in a separate bed and that I would join you two instead.”. Luhan gaped whilst Sehun chuckled, “You are always welcome, Baekhyun.” Sehun commented. 

 

Luhan elbowed his boyfriend causing Sehun to yelp, he looked at Luhan incredulously, “What?! It’s not my fault he’s kind of hot.” Sehun explained. Baekhyun was quick to shake his head, “Sehun I appreciate your...compliment, however, that’s not really the thing you should be saying to your boyfriend.”.

 

Luhan sighed, “He’s not wrong though, although he really should not be saying it to me.”. Sehun turned to Luhan and took his hands, “But no one is hotter than you baby.” He added with a charming smile. Luhan rolled his eyes, “It’s a good job I love you.”. Sehun grinned and hugged Luhan tightly.

 

Chanyeol returned with two small boxes of cereal, along with some bowls, spoons and milk, he set them down on the table, dropping back on to the seat. Baekhyun picked up a box and found they were some kind of honey coated flakes, he opened the box and tipped it into the bowl, adding some milk. As he ate his breakfast, Baekhun glanced at Chanyeols bowl and saw he had something different, “What’ve you got?” He questioned .

 

Chanyeol glanced at him before getting a spoonful of the cereal and holding it up, Baekhyun ate the cereal and hummed in happiness, he wasn’t quite sure  were some kind of flakes with berries, it was sweet and refreshing.

 

“What’s your like?” Chanyeol asked, Baekhyun copied the tallers actions and brought up a spoonful of his own cereal, Chanyeol ate it and nodded in confirmation, as if he had deemed the cereal worthy.

 

Baekhyun laughed and Chanyeol gave him a quizzical look, “Is that cereal good enough for his highness?” He inquired. Chanyeol quirked an eyebrow, “Hmm I don’t know, I think it’s only good enough for peasants, that’s why I’m not eating it.” He joked. Baekhyun gave him a playful glare before returning to his breakfast.

 

Joonmyeon cleared his throat, drawing everyone’s attention, “So, I think we all need to have a proper talk and decide what we’re going to do, so after breakfast, we could head to one of the classrooms, it’s not as if any of them are in use today.”. The group shared glances, each nodding in agreement with Joonmyeons words.

 

Baekhyun was unsure about what they were going to do now, it’s not as if any of them really had families or homes to return to. Now he had his memories back, he couldn’t really bring himself to care much, he was thankful to the woman who had cared for him for the past few years, however, he had to admit he felt slightly betrayed. Baekhyun had to wonder if she ever actually cared about him, or if looking after him was simply a job for her.

 

Baekhyun was just glad he was with Chanyeol, he knew the other cared for him and he definitely cared for the taller, he just wished they wouldn’t be forced apart again, he didn’t know if either of them could take it again.