It's A Date :)

Remember

It was Friday, the day before their date, Baekhyun had spent the last few days trying to pick an outfit and he was still no closer to choosing. He was using his time before his first lesson to try and choose something, but everything seemed wrong.

 

He sent a glance to his mobile and saw it was time to go to his lesson, with a sigh he dropped the clothes he was holding onto his bed, he figured he'd make up his mind later.

 

He grabbed his stuff and opened the door to find Yixing stood behind it, a hand raised to knock. Yixing had a stern expression on his face, "Baekhyun I told you not to skip breakfast, it's not healthy.".

 

Baekhyun sent him a sheepish grin, he had never really eaten breakfast and Yixing had noticed this, every morning turned out like this. "I'm sorry, it's a bad habit." He apologised.

 

Yixing let out a sigh and held up an apple, "At least eat this for me.". Baekhyun smiled and took the fruit, "Thank you Yixing.".

 

Yixing gave him a satisfied smile, "Now then, its time for lesson.".

 

They walked to the classroom together, Baekhyun munching on the apple, "How are your abilities coming along?" Yixing inquired.

 

Baekhyun swallowed the last bite of the apple, chucking the core in one of the bins they passed, "I've definitely improved." He replied, "Although I've only had a few lessons, I can do far more than I expected.". Yixing smiled at his words, "That's good to hear and of course you'll keep improving, it's only a matter of time until you're all caught up with the rest of us.".

 

"I hope so." Baekhyun added absentmindedly.

 

They entered the classroom and greetings were sent their way, Baekhyun gave the others a smile and a small wave as he made his way to his desk, sliding into his seat.

 

Chanyeol had looked up from his mobile as Baekhyun had entered the room and as Baekhyun neared, the taller sent him a warm smile. Baekhyun had found that Chanyeol had been smiling more and more since they met, the others had mentioned that this was the most they had seen him smile in a long time and Baekhyun was happy that he was the cause of it.

 

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol, "Hello.", he greeted. Chanyeol typed out a message.

 

'No breakfast again?'

 

The message read and the taller fixed him with raised eyebrow. Baekhyun chuckled, "Yixing already caught me, he made me eat on the way here.".

 

More typing.

 

'Well someone has too, you'd probably starve if we didn't remind you.'

 

Baekhyun laughed, "I don't think it's that bad.".

 

The teacher came in at that point, stopping any further conversation, "Next week we will be having our annual exam, like always you will be in your pairs, for the next week I want you all to form a plan and once your time is up, I hope we will all see some exceptional battles.".

 

The rest of class let out sounds of excitement, Baekhyun noted Kyungsoo sending Jongin a smirk, the tanned male supporting a similar expression. Baekhyun was lost as the class began to talk in hushed voices between themselves, obviously forming a strategy.

 

The teacher made his way over to Baekhyun, "Sorry Mr Kim, I'm not sure what you're going on about." Baekhyun explained, hoping to be enlightened.

 

The teacher smiled, "That's why I'm here to explain, every year, we have tests to see how everyone is doing, of course we can't put the advanced class against the other students, it would be pretty unfair and so the advanced class stays amongst themselves. In the test, each pair will battle against another pair, it's not so much a test of who is the best in the class, it's more of a way for us to evaluate each of you.".

 

"Is is not dangerous?" Baekhyun questioned. The teacher let out a laugh, "Don't worry, there's lots of teachers on hand to stop anything that becomes a danger to someone's life. For the most part, the students are all very good at protecting themselves. I was wondering whether you'd be ready to take part, but from what I've seen, you'll be fine and just so you know, Chanyeol is probably the best with his abilities in the class. He always battles against the other pairs by himself and usually comes out on top.".

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in shock, the taller simply looked back at him, a smirk playing across his lips.

 

"Well then, I'm leaving you in Chanyeols capable hands and I look forward to what I'll be seeing next week." Mr Kim put in, he then returned to his desk at the front of the room, sitting down to sort out some paperwork.

 

Baekhyun was still in a state of shock and he was looking down at the table, attempting to sort out his thoughts, his main concern was that he would be a nuisance for Chanyeol. A mobile slid into his sight and he scanned the words typed on it.

 

'Don't worry, I've got you, if you are really worried, you can always ask to sit out for this one, no one would mind.'

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, he smiled and shook his head, "I might not be as good as everyone, but at least I can help you a bit, even if I just distract everyone with bright, shiny things.".

 

Chanyeol sent him a warm smile and Baekhyun sensed the taller was proud of Baekhyuns decision.

 

"So what's your usual strategy?" Baekhyun began, he wanted to form a secure plan that wouldn't lead to anyone getting severely hurt.

 

~

 

Baekhyun was sat on his bed, foot tapping wildly against the floor due to nerves, he sent another glance to his mobile and found it had only been a minute since the last time he looked. It was the day of their date and Chanyeol had told him that he would meet Baekhyun at the entrance at eleven, it was currently fifteen minutes until the time they were meant to meet and Baekhyun wished he could fast forward.

 

He had stayed up until two in the morning trying to figure out an outfit, he had finally settled on a simple plain black shirt with a pair of jeans and his high tops. He couldn't believe that after all that fussing over clothes he had picked the most boring and generic outfit he owned, however, he didn't want to be too overdressed and he was better safe than sorry.

 

He tapped away as another ten minutes dragged by, he swore at least twenty had passed. Five minutes before eleven, Baekhyun decided it was alright to leave, he grabbed his wallet, phone and jacket and headed out of the room. He restrained himself and walked at a reasonable pace, he didn't want to look to excited or over eager by running to the entrance like a child.

 

Baekhyun turned the corner and saw Chanyeol stood by the receptionists desk, he was writing something and as Baekhyun got closer, he saw it was a book for people to sign in and out of.

 

Chanyeol looked up at the sound of footsteps and smiled at Baekhyun, Baekhyun returned the smile, "Did you wait long?" He questioned, if he had known the other would be here, he would have left his room earlier.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and pointed to the book, Baekhyun glanced at it and saw both their names printed neatly in Chanyeols hand writing. "Ah, were you signing us out?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded.

 

The receptionist, who hadn't been at her desk, appeared, "Are you two going out for the day?" She inquired. "Ah yes we are." Baekhyun replied.

 

The receptionist sent them a polite smile, "Just to remind you, all students must be back before six in the evening, but apart from that have fun.".

 

The students nodded and Baekhyun thanked the woman before following Chanyeol who had turned and begun to walk out of the building.

 

Baekhyun walked quickly, trying to keep up with Chanyeols long strides, the taller seemed to notice Baekhyuns struggle and slowed down, matching Baekhyuns pace.

 

"So, where are we going?" Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol placed a finger against his lips, sending Baekhyun a wink.

 

Baekhyun chuckled, "You really aren't going to tell me?", Chanyeol shook his head, "Well how are we getting there, I can always drive us if you want." He offered.

 

Chanyeol held a hand up, the other dug around in his pocket, he brought his hand back up, clutching a set of car keys. "You have a car?" Baekhyun questioned, he didn't know why, but he hadn't expected that.

 

Chanyeol smiled and led Baekhyun to the car park, Baekhyun attempted to guess which one was Chanyeols. It was safe to say he was not expecting the bright red Ferrari that Chanyeol stopped in front of. Baekhyuns mouth dropped as he took in the sleek design, it made his crappy little Ford Fiesta look like a child's toy.

 

Chanyeols car looked like it was straight out of a magazine and Baekhyun had to stop himself from drooling on it. He had never been one for fancy cars, but seeing such an amazing vehicle up close had him wishing he owned one himself.

 

"Is this seriously your car?" He asked in awe. Chanyeol nodded with a grin, "It matches your hair, which begs the question, did you dye your hair to match the car or did you buy the car because it matched your hair." Baekhyun sincerely wanted to know.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and unlocked the vehicle, as he slid into the drivers seat, Baekhyun managed to tear his eyes away from the shiny exterior and practically ran to the passenger seat. He opened the door tentatively, not wanting to damage something that was worth more than his life. Carefully he sat in the passengers seat, pulling the seat belt into place.

 

He let out a gasp as he looked around the interior, there were no words to describe how amazing it looked and Baekhyun was thanking the heavens that he had been given this opportunity.

 

Baekhyun nearly squealed as Chanyeol started the car, the engine purring to life, Chanyeol pulled the car out and as soon as they passed the gate, he pressed down on the accelerator and the car shot forwards.

 

Baekhyun made a conscious effort not to do something stupid, like put his arms up or squeal like a girl, but he couldn't help find it exhilarating.

 

The journey seemed like it only took five minutes, Baekhyun had been too busy watching the scenery flash past his eyes to take note of where they were going. When he looked at the time display, it had been forty minutes.

 

The car rolled to a stop, they had arrived at their destination, they both got out the car and Baekhyun spotted a sign that read 'Welcome To Greystone Park'. Baekhyun smiled softly, it was a cute place for a date, much more relaxed than going to somewhere like a shopping centre.

 

The two walked side by side along a path that led into the parks, Baekhyun let out small gasps every so often; the park was so full of life and beauty and it left Baekhyun with a sense of awe.

 

"Everything's so beautiful." He stated, Chanyeols lips turned up into a beautiful smile, as beautiful as the flowers that surrounded them.

 

~

 

Chanyeol had spent so long thinking over and over on where to take Baekhyun, he had decided on Greystone park, it was well-known in the area for having some of the most beautiful displays of wild life. Seeing the fascination on Baekhyuns face assured him that he had made the right choice.

 

The smaller had given him a great amount of amusement that morning, from the look of awe when he saw Chanyeols car, to his distraction by it the whole journey. Chanyeol didn't mind though, he thought it was cute and he wanted to see more of it.

 

When Baekhyun told him that everything was so beautiful, Chanyeol had never wanted to be able to speak more, he wanted to tell Baekhyun that he was beautiful, but he couldn't and it just didn't seem right to type it out in a message. Throughout all the time he hadn't been able to use his voice, since Baekhyun had turned up in that classroom, he had become more and more frustrated, his only wish was to be able to speak again, to be able to have a normal conversation with Baekhyun.

 

Instead, he followed Baekhyun, watching as the others face lit up at each new flower he saw.

 

The path they were on led past a small cafe, Chanyeol had checked out the place before and apparently it had nice cakes. As they walked past the building, Chanyeol tugged Baekhyuns wrist, the smaller turned his head to meet Chanyeols gaze and Chanyeol jerked his head in the direction of the cafe.

 

"You want to go in there?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded.

 

Baekhyun led the way, Chanyeol following closely behind, they entered the cafe and their presence was announced by the tinkling of a bell, there was only two other customers in the cafe, an elderly couple that were sat at one of the tables. They headed towards the counter, it was pretty big and had a glass front, Chanyeol grinned as he saw Baekhyun gulp at the sight of the desserts that were laid out. He tapped Baekhyuns shoulder, the smaller looking up at him.

 

He pointed to the cakes and Baekhyun looked back and forth between them, "...You want one?" He questioned with a look of confusion. Chanyeol didn't know how to tell Baekhyun what he meant and so he retrieved his mobile and typed out a message.

 

'Pick whatever you like, it's my treat.'

 

Baekhyun shook his head, "No, its fine I'll pay for them.".

 

Chanyeol typed again.

 

'Nope I won't let you'

 

Chanyeol wore a determined expression and he hoped it left no room for negotiation, Baekhyun made several more protests but eventually gave in when Chanyeol wouldn't budge.

 

Baekhyun pointed to a slice of chocolate cake, with a rich filling, Chanyeol thought it looked kind of sickly, but he knew the smaller liked sweet things. "I guess I'll have that one then, which one are you getting?" He questioned.

 

Chanyeol mulled over his options and settled on a piece of strawberry cheesecake, pointing it out to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun nodded and they moved to the counter were a girl was waiting to serve them, "What can I get for you today?" She asked politely.

 

"Can we have a piece of chocolate cake and a piece of strawberry cheesecake please?" Baekhyun replied. The girl nodded and tapped away at the till, "Would you like any drinks?". Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in question, there was a list of drinks in front of the till and Chanyeol pointed out a hot chocolate.

 

"Could we have two hot chocolates please?" Baekhyun requested. "Would you like whipped cream and marshmallows on the top?" The girl inquired. Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol again and he nodded, there was no harm in having cream and marshmallows. Chanyeol didn't particularly have a sweet tooth, but he did occasionally enjoy sweet things.

 

"Yes please." Baekhyun finalised their order and attempted to get his card out quickly to pay. Chanyeol swiftly gave his card to the girl, she handed Chanyeol the card machine and he typed in his pin, "You should have let me pay." Baekhyun insisted, Chanyeol simply shook his head. It had been his idea to take Baekhyun out, he wasn't going to make him pay. He also knew that he had a hell of a lot more money than Baekhyun.

 

The girl handed Chanyeol his card back along with a receipt, "If you take a seat, I'll be right over with your order in a minute. Baekhyun thanked the girl and they took a seat at one of the tables.

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun looked around the cafe with an adorable smile on his face, "It's really pretty in here as well." He observed. Baekhyun was right, the cafe was bright and colourful, floral designs painted across the walls, there were only seven tables, each surrounded by a couple of chairs. The tables held little pots of sugar as well as cutlery. Placed around the cafe were flower arrangements, each one boasting an array of shades and shapes.

 

Baekhyun traced the designs that ran down the handles of the cutlery, his reflection appearing in the spotless surface. "Thank you for bringing me here Chanyeol, it's nice to get out of the academy, don't get me wrong, I love it there, but being out here in the open...it's like a breath of fresh air." Baekhyun stated, gazing at Chanyeol with a warm smile.

 

Chanyeol returned his smile as the waitress approached them holding a tray, "Here's your cakes and your drinks." She announced, placing down the plates in front of them, "If you need anything else, feel free to call for me.".

 

"Thank you."  Baekhyun replied as she left, the smaller took a spoon and dug into his cake, he took a bite and grinned at the taste, "This is so good." He commented in between mouthfuls. Chanyeol took a bite of his cheesecake, it was delicious, Baekhyun pushed his plate towards Chanyeol, "Would you like some?" He inquired and Chanyeol shook his head, offering Baekhyun some of his in return.

 

"Nah it's fine, I prefer chocolate cake over cheesecake any day." Baekhyun admitted.

 

The smaller was silent as he ate his slice of cake and Chanyeol wanted to laugh at the expression of bliss on his face. After the last crumbs of their cakes had been eaten, the two took sips of the hot chocolate, Chanyeol had to admit it was good hot chocolate, especially with the cream and marshmallows.

 

~

 

Baekhyun was thoroughly enjoying himself, the cake had been wonderful and he loved the way the chocolate sent a stream of warmth down his throat. As he sipped on his drink, Chanyeol tapped at the screen of his mobile, he then turned it around and placed it down in front of Baekhyun.

 

The screen showed a list of questions, Baekhyun chuckled, "You want me to answer these?".

 

Chanyeol nodded and Baekhyun cleared his throat, he beaten to answer the questions, "Favourite colour? Hmmm, maybe black, or white. Favourite number? 48. Favourite genre? Fantasy or action. Books or TV? Depends what kind of mood I'm in. Dogs or cats? Probably dogs. Favourite food? Pretty much anything, but I do really like chocolate cake. What would you buy if you won the lottery? I'd probably buy my mum a new house, ours is pretty small. Where do you want to go in the world? Hawaii.".

 

Baekhyun had been scrolling down the screen and after the last question there were a bunch of arrows pointing further down, he sent Chanyeol a look of confusion, the other simply gave him a nod. He scrolled down and one last question appeared on the screen. Baekhyuns eyes widened as he took in the words.

 

"Will...You be my boyfriend?" Baekhyun sent Chanyeol a shocked look, "You'd really want that?" He asked nervously. Even though they had only met not that long ago, Baekhyun had grown incredibly fond of Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol nodded with a loving smile on his face, Baekhyun broke out into a grin, "Well then, yes Chanyeol, I will be your boyfriend.".

 

Chanyeol beckoned Baekhyun forward and he leant towards the taller, Chanyeol ducked down and left a peck on his cheek, Baekhyuns cheeks began to colour as he let out a shy laugh. He couldn't help but notice how soft Chanyeols lips had felt against his cheek, even if they had only been in contact for a moment.

 

The two drank their drinks in a comfortable silence after that, Baekhyun kept stealing glances at the other when he thought Chanyeol wasn't looking, unfortunately, he had the worst timing, every single time he looked up, the taller was staring at him, a warm expression on his face.

 

It made Baekhyuns stomach flutter at the thought that this gorgeous male was his boyfriend.

 

They finished their drinks and Chanyeol nodded towards the door, "Time to go?" Baekhyun guessed and Chanyeol nodded. They rose from the table and headed outside, Baekhyun frowned at the sight of the grey clouds that had appeared over head, "Its going to rain soon." He muttered.

 

The two began to walk back to the car when a sudden down pour hit them, Baekhyun let out a shriek as cold water ran down the back of his shirt, Chanyeol pulled him and they ran under a nearby shelter. 

 

Baekhyun stared at the taller, still in shock from the sudden rain, he began to laugh at the sight of a soaked Chanyeol, hair plastered to his forehead. The taller gave him a confused look, "Wow that was certainly surprising." He admitted as he watched sheets of rain fall onto the floor.

 

Baekhyun looked back up at Chanyeol, the taller once again staring at him with a fond smile, Baekhyun groaned, "You're gonna kill me with all the sweet looks, I'm already melting.".

 

Chanyeols face told Baekhyun he didn't understand, Baekhyun chuckled and felt a burst of confidence as he reached for the tallers collar, he tugged it down so that they were level and pressed his lips against Chanyeols. It was simple, just their lips touching, but Baekhyun loved being able to do it. He was right, Chanyeols lips were incredibly soft and cushiony, he felt as though he was already addicted.

 

Baekhyun pulled back and let out a laugh at the shocked expression on Chanyeols face, "Bet you weren't expecting that.". Chanyeol remained stunned for a few more seconds before a sly smirk appeared across his face, now it was Baekhyuns turn to be confused. Chanyeols hands came up to cup Baekhyuns cheeks and then he leaned in and kissed Baekhyun.

 

The taller took Baekhyuns breath away with the intensity of their kiss, Baekhyun was shocked by how dominant the taller was, but in no time he was melting into Chanyeols touch. An arm slipped around his waist to support Baekhyun, he was thankful as he was sure he would fall if not for it.

 

Bringing his shaking arms up, he wrapped them around Chanyeols neck, bringing the closer together until not a bit of space was between them and Baekhyun knew then that he never wanted to be anywhere other than with the person in front of him.

 

Chanyeol broke the kiss and rested their foreheads against each other, Baekhyun had closed his eyes at some point and now he was breathing with laboured breath, Chanyeol in a similar state. He let out a breathless chuckle, opening his eyes to meet the tallers gaze, "That was...something else." He commented and Chanyeol smirked wickedly.

 

~

 

The drive back to the academy was spent with Baekhyun in a daze, he was on cloud nine after several kisses from his boyfriend, Baekhyun could still feel the softness of his lips as they connected repeatedly with his own. They got back to the academy and a phone was put into his line of sight.

 

'Movie?"

 

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, who had a hopeful expression, Baekhyun nodded and smiled sweetly, loving the way Chanyeols face lit up. Chanyeol directed them to his room and they dropped the soaked jackets on to a chair, Baekhyun let out a small whine at the sight of his shirt that was also soaked, not to mention his pants as well.

 

"I should go get changed." He stated and turned to leave when a hand gripped his wrist. Baekhyun turned back and saw Chanyeol shaking his head with a grin, he tugged Baekhyun towards his drawers and began rifling through them with his free hand. He pulled out a shirt and a pair of shorts and passed them to Baekhyun, shoving him gently in the direction of his bathroom.

 

Baekhyun let out a laugh at Chanyeols incessant pushing, "Okay, okay, I'll wear these." He conceded and went into the bathroom. He inwardly squealed at the sight of Chanyeols clothes, he swiftly changed into them and loved the way the shared the same scent as his boyfriend. The clothes were rather oversized, the shirt was nearly falling down his shoulders and the shorts had to be tied tightly so they didn't fall down, but Baekhyun didn't care, he just liked the thought of wearing his boyfriends clothes.

 

~

 

Chanyeol was excited to see the sight of his tiny boyfriend in his clothes, he loved the thought of Baekhyun wearing something of his. As the door opened, out stepped Baekhyun and his breath caught at how adorable his boyfriend was. He looked so small in Chanyeols huge clothing, that hung off of his shoulders.

 

Baekhyun had balled his clothes up and chucked them by the chair, "So what are we watching?" He inquired. Chanyeol beckoned him to join the taller on the bed, Baekhyun climbed next to the taller as Chanyeol started up his laptop, they searched through his films and Baekhyun suggested one of the films he hadn't seen yet. Chanyeol didn't really take notice, but he was sure it concerned some celebrity and his anti fan.

 

They chose several other films to watch after that, instead of the films, Chanyeol was more focused on his boyfriend, who was struggling to keep his eyes open. The taller wanted to laugh as Baekhyuns head began to fall forward, he would keep shaking himself awake, only to start nodding off again a few minutes later. 

 

Chanyeol wound an arm around Baekhyun, the smaller leaning against his side unconsciously. A film later, Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun had finally drifted off, Chanyeol quietly switched the laptop off, only just realising how dark it was, he checked his mobile and noticed it was a little after nine.

 

He looked down at the smaller and couldn't find it in his heart to wake him up, instead he manoeuvred Baekhyun so that he was lying in Chanyeols bed, Chanyeol lay beside him and draped an arm carefully over Baekhyun, the smaller curled into his warmth instinctively, letting out a content sigh, causing Chanyeol to smile.

 

He pressed a kiss to Baekhyuns forehead before he closed his eyes, holding Baekhyun in his arms and that night Chanyeol didn't have a single nightmare, only pleasant dreams of a certain smaller boyfriend of his.