Revelations

Remember

Chanyeol got to his room and lay Baekhyun on the bed, he looked down at his shirt and frowned as he noticed the red stain on it, without thinking, he pulled the fabric over his head, only to hear a shocked gasp from his boyfriend. Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and saw the other staring at him with wide eyes, he noticed the others eyes trailing down his upper half, he grinned and sent a wink to the other, "See something you like?". 

 

Baekhyun blushed and averted his gaze, "I just wanted to say they look beautiful." He muttered and Chanyeol could barely hear the words. He went over to Baekhyun and sat beside him, leaning to catch the blushing boys gaze, "Hmm, what was that, I couldn't quite hear?" He teased. Baekhyun pouted and brought his gaze up to meet Chanyeols, avoiding looking down below his neck.

 

"So you like them?" He questioned. Baekhyun reluctantly nodded, Chanyeol felt relieved and he could almost bring himself to like them once again. "That's good, because you have a matching set." He explained and laughed as Baekhyuns eyes widened. Baekhyun seemed to forget his own embarrassment as he looked back down at the patterns that covered Chanyeols body.

 

Chanyeol could see a Baekhyuns fingers twitching and he grasped the smaller hand, bringing it up to rest over the pattern that swirled around the place where his heart beat. Chanyeol watched as the other looked at his markings with a fascinated expression, his fingers lightly traced over the ink, following the pattern. 

 

"What happened to mine?" Baekhyun questioned softly, sight still trained on Chanyeols body. "When you...passed away, they just disappeared, the same happened to the others, I was hoping that when you get your ur memories back, they will return as well.".

 

~

 

Baekhyun was fascinated by the patterns that spread across Chanyeols skin, they were beautiful and looked so good on his boyfriends body. When Chanyeol told him he had a matching set, he was surprised and to be honest, he couldn't imagine having tattoos of his own. But the thought of having matching ones with Chanyeol made him feel good, as if they had something to link them.

 

Baekhyun had been silently running his fingertips along the ink, following the twists and turns, suddenly, a hand came up to grasp his and he looked up at Chanyeol in shock. Chanyeol raised his hand and pressed small kisses to each of his fingers, he felt his cheeks warm at the action, his boyfriend was far to good at making him flustered.

 

"So...the others have them as well?" Baekhyun quickly put in, trying to distract himself from Chanyeols lips. The taller hummed, the vibrations sending tingles through Baekhyuns palm, "They all have matching sets with their lovers." He explained. Baekhyun thought it was pretty romantic, the way it showed two people belonged together.

 

Baekhyun let out another yawn unconsciously and Chanyeol chuckled, "I think it really is bedtime, huh?". Baekhyun smiled sleepily and nodded, Chanyeol got up from the bed and changed into a pair of pyjama pants, fortunately for Baekhyun, he didn't change into another shirt, giving Baekhyun an excellent view of his toned chest.

 

Chanyeol retrieved a shirt and passed it to Baekhyun, "No...pants?" He inquired, Chanyeol sent him a smirk, "Baekhyun, I have seen your body more times than I can count, wearing a shirt to bed is practically overdressed for you.". Baekhyun felt his cheeks heat up even more than they had before and he swiftly changed into the shirt, making sure Chanyeol turned around first, of course. Even if Chanyeols words were true, Baekhyun had only really met the other several weeks ago and so wearing just a shirt was somewhat strange, it wasn't too bad, the shirt was incredibly big and hung down to just above his knees.

 

Chanyeol turned around at Baekhyuns signal and the smaller watched as he observed his body, eventually he let out a grin, "Perfect.". Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Come on, I seriously need to sleep now.". Chanyeol nodded and flicked off the lights, the two of them climbing into the bed together. 

 

They were lay on their sides, facing each other, Chanyeol frowned and muttered something along the lines of 'Not right', before his hands pulled Baekhyun as he to his back. Baekhyun let out a small yelp at being suddenly moved, but then he landed on Chanyeols chest and he froze. He was lay on top of his boyfriend, their legs tangled together, he was still somewhat shocked and then he felt a large hand run up and down his back. The movement was comforting and Baekhyun began to relax, he shut his eyes and drifted off to Chanyeols gentle caresses.

 

~

 

The next day passed quickly, the twelve of them spent their days together with their boyfriend, somehow, they all needed to feel the support of their partner after hearing the news from the previous night. Baekhyun was no different, he found Chanyeols mere presence to be so relaxing and supportive and he couldn't be more grateful for it.

 

Baekhyun had woken up that morning in the same position he had fallen asleep in, he loved the way that his boyfriend was so warm and cuddly, Baekhyun suspected it was due to his ability, that made his natural body temperature slightly warmer than average.

 

Night fell once again and Baekhyun began to feel nervous, what if he couldn't get his memories back? If that happened, he felt as though he would be letting Chanyeol down. The taller hadn't said anything, but it was clear how much he wanted them all to remember.

 

Chanyeol once again took Baekhyun to the building and they found the rest of their friends gathered outside of it. "Is everyone ready?" Chanyeol questioned, each of the others nodded and Chanyeol seemed satisfied as he unlocked the door. Baekhyun noticed that eleven chairs had been added to the room, Chanyeol told them all the sit down and the group followed his instructions.

 

Their teachers came in as well and Chanyeol introduced them, like he had done the previous night, the others were somewhat shocked, but the anticipation of what was to come, overwhelmed any other thoughts.

 

Jinki came forward as Chanyeol signalled to him, in his hands was a flask of silver liquid, that shimmered in the light, "This is a specially made mixture, each of you must add your blood to it and then drink it, once you have, your memories should return.

 

The others looked at him with worried gazes, a Baekhyun felt especially nauseous, flashes of Chanyeol and blades appeared in his head and he shuddered. A comforting hand rested on his shoulder and Baekhyun looked up to find his boyfriend smiling warmly down at him. 

 

Cups were handed to each of them and Baekhyun had to stop himself from letting out a somewhat hysterical, the modern, plastic cups seemed out of place for the ritual they were about to perform. The silver liquid was poured into each cup and a small blade was passed to each of them. Baekhyun held the blade and the cup in his hands, a tremor running through them.

 

He looked up at Chanyeol, knowing there was fear evident in his eyes, Chanyeol reached out a hand and Baekhyun passed the knife to him. Chanyeol moved to kneel in front of him and he cupped Baekhyuns free hand. Chanyeol met Baekhyuns wavering gaze and sent him a reassuring smile, Baekhyun nodded and closed his eyes.

 

He felt his hand being lifted over the cup and he let out an involuntary gasp as his hand was sliced open, he opened his eyes and watched as drips of scarlet fell into the silver liquid.

 

Baekhyun saw the liquid shimmer and tint red, Chanyeol pushed the cup towards him and Baekhyun gulped, without thinking, he raised the cup and downed the liquid, he grimaced at the metallic taste of it.

 

A burning sensation ran through his body as colours began to flash before his eyes and suddenly memories rushed through his head. Baekhyun felt as though his head was about to burst as a million different thoughts appeared.

 

And then it was as if he had transported into someone else's body.

 

~

 

(In the memory)

 

Baekhyun hummed a random tune as he leant against the balcony, the sun shined brightly in the sky, bathing him in warmth, he felt arms wrap around his waist and he smiled as he relaxed against the body behind him.

 

"You look beautiful, my love, the most revered woman in the entire city had nothing on how you shine in the light." A deep voice mumbled against the nape of his neck, where delicate kisses were being placed.

 

Baekhyun revealed in the attention he was receiving, "And not even the fiercest of warriors can match you, my love, they can't even come close to your perfection." He returned, he could feel the smile of the other against his skin.

 

Gentle hands spun him around, until he was facing Chanyeol, Baekhyuns lips were taken by the taller as he thread his fingers through the bright red locks that appeared as if they were on fire in the sun.

 

Baekhyun was left breathless as Chanyeol gazed at him with adoration, "I must leave for a while." Chanyeol admitted. A sad expression appeared on Baekhyuns face and a Chanyeol pressed a quick peck to the pout on his lips, "Fear not my love, I will be back before you realise I have left." He promised.

 

Baekhyun was sad that Chanyeol had to leave, but he let the other go, knowing it was important. He saw off his lover and returned to the palace, Baekhyun decided to take a stroll around the gardens, he adored the vibrant colours and unique flowers that were planted.

 

He wandered through the gardens, making his was towards the marble pavilion that stood in the centre, he often came to it and took time to relax. As he drew near he saw two familiar faces, a pretty face smiled at him, "Good morning, Baekhyun.".

 

"Good morning Luhan, I see Sehun is sleeping the day away once again." Baekhyun replied as he sat down opposite the two, sending an amused glance towards Sehun, who was lay on the bench with his head resting on Luhans lap.

 

Luhan chuckled and ran his hand through Sehuns hair, "He's just tired.". Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Sehun is always tired.". "Has Chanyeol already left?" Luhan inquired, his gaze still fixed on Sehun.

 

Baekhyun hummed sadly, "He said he should be back within a day or so.". Luhan sent Baekhyun a reassuring smile, "I'm sure he'll be back in no time and you will completely forget he ever left.".

 

Baekhyun smiled softly, he hoped that was the case, he always hated it when Chanyeol left, he felt as though a part of his soul left him.

 

The conversation fell into a comfortable silence and Baekhyun closed his eyes, basking in the warmth of the day.

 

His relaxation was interrupted by a deep rumble that shook the ground, Baekhyuns eyes shot open and he saw Luhans similarly shocked expression. It happened again and Sehun woke up, "W-what's going on?" He questioned sleepily.

 

Suddenly a person materialised in front of them, Baekhyun gasped as he recognised Jongin, the male had a cut on his forehead and blood was dripping down his face, "Come now, we need you." He panted before disappearing again.

 

Baekhyun rose quickly and ran inside the palace, heading towards the source of the noise, the other two were following closely behind. 

 

Baekhyun halted as he entered the state room, it was normally where they met with the public, it was practically unrecognisable now, there were cracks running through the marble that tiled the floor, the once majestic paintings were splattered with blood and the range of ornaments and vases they owned were in pieces, scattered across the floor.

 

Baekhyun watched as the other eight engaged with the intruders into the palace, it appeared as though they were winning, but the crowd seemed endless and as one fell, another took his place.

 

Baekhyun joined the others, attempting to work through the streams of attackers that repeatedly came at them, he used his abilities to form his long sword. It was an amazing weapon, that shone with his own light, it was silver in colour and had etchings of flowers running down the blade. 

 

He swung the blade again and again, cutting down countless people, in the back of his mind, he was distraught, he wanted to know why they were being attacked, he loathed using his ability to hurt people, but his friends came first and he wouldn't stand by and watch them be slaughtered.

 

A shout was heard to his left and he swung his head in the direction, searching frantically for the source, he felt his heart twist uncomfortably as he watched Minseok fall, a spear through his chest. Baekhyun felt a stream of tears cascade down his cheeks as one by one, his friends were murdered.

 

Sobs wracked his body as he continued to bring down the oncoming assault, after what felt like a lifetime, he struck down the final soldier.

 

He stood in shock, his form shaking, his eyes fell on the lifeless bodies of the other deities and he felt his heart shatter.

 

Baekhyun fell to his knees, the sword dissipating in to thin air, he reached a shaky hand towards Kyungsoo, who was lay before him. He pressed his fingers into the side of Kyungsoos neck and desperately searched for a pulse.

 

More sobs escaped his mouth as he felt nothing, he brought his hands back towards his chest, he wrapped them around his own body, feeling so helpless and broken.

 

A sinister laugh was heard from the doorway and Baekhyun spun around, standing with a smirk, was their most trusted advisor and follower, Seungwoo.

 

"Did you enjoy my surprise?" He questioned with a mocking tone. Baekhyun speared him with a deadly glare, "How could you?" He grit out.

 

Seungwoo tapped his lips in contemplation, "Maybe it was to bring you all down a peg, you were all far to righteous. I am going to create a new world and there won't be any need for ridiculous deities such as yourself. There is only enough room for one leader and that will be me.".

 

"We trusted you." Baekhyun shot back. 

 

Seungwoo smirked again, "Well that was a severe mistake on your part, I mean just look where it got you." He gestured to the bodies that decorated the floor.

 

The man strolled towards Baekhyun and he eyed the other wearily, Baekhyun was so exhausted and all he wanted to do was lay down and curl in on himself.

 

Seungwoo stood in front of Baekhyun and his hand shot out to wrench Baekhyuns head back, using his hair. Baekhyun gasped, the other male grinned viciously, leaning close to Baekhyuns face.

 

"And there is just one more thing to do," he added, "Get rid of you.".

 

Baekhyun froze and looked at Seungwoo with wide eyes. Seungwoo reached behind him and retrieved a long dagger and Baekhyun began to shake, "...Don't...Don't do this." He pleaded.

 

Seungwoo laughed heartlessly, "Do you honestly believe that your pathetic whining is going to get you anywhere?".

 

Seungwoo held the dagger up and plunged it down into Baekhyuns chest, Baekhyun let out a silent scream as he felt the blade lodge itself inside his body, it pierced his heart and Baekhyun felt his whole form break.

 

Battling through the intense pain that wracked through his body, Baekhyun formed the last of power and sent it towards the man that had just stabbed him. Seungwoo was flung back towards the wall and Baekhyun fell, no longer held up by Seungwoos grasp.

 

As he struggled to stay awake, he thought of Chanyeol.

 

He was so, so sorry.

 

He didn't want to leave Chanyeol, not when the other wasn't here with him.

 

A single tear rolled down his cheeks and Baekhyun knew it would be the last tear he would ever shed, as he felt his body turn cold. Just before he was consumed by darkness, he saw a familiar red headed giant, grinning at him in his memories. A pained smile appeared on his face as he drifted off in to an eternal sleep.

 

~

 

 

Chanyeol was checking through the logs that had been recorded on the journey, it had been around half a day since they had left and he was ensuring everything was right. There was a group of six of them and they had stopped just outside the city, they were on their way over to the next city and had decided to take a rest.

 

Chanyeol heard the frantic clipping of a horses hooves and he raised his head to see a boy in his twenties, Chanyeol was sure he had seen the boy around the palace.

 

The boy practically jumped off of his horse and sprinted towards Chanyeol, he collapsed to his knees in front of Chanyeol and grasped the edge of his robes, "The earth deity sent me, there has been an attack launched against the palace, by the advisor Seungwoo." He rushed out and Chanyeol froze at the words.

 

It took him several seconds to make a decision and before he knew it, he was back on his horse, racing towards the palace. He felt his blood boil as he thought about his suspicions toward the advisor. He had a feeling that something was going on, but he could never prove anything and so he simply let it go.

 

It took far too long to get back to the palace, but finally he arrived at the gates, he slid off the horse and rushed into the palace, as soon as he entered, he stumbled at the sight before him. Besides the bodies of dead attackers, lay his friends.

 

He shook as he took in their sill forms, his gaze flitted around the room, trying to find his lover. His heart shattered as he saw Baekhyun crumpled on the floor, his crawled towards the small body and broke down as he took in his paleness.

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his arms, rocking them both back and forth as he let out pleas, desperately attempting to wake the other up. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he cradled the fragile body in his arms.

 

A pained chuckle was heard and Chanyeol dragged his gaze away from his lover and saw Seungwoo, he was propped up against a wall, it looked as though his entire chest had been burned.

 

Chanyeol placed Baekhyun gently on the ground and then stalked towards Seungwoo, he grabbed the collar of his robes and dragged him upwards, Seungwoo groaned as Chanyeol glared at the other man, "You did this." He accused.

 

Even through his obvious pain, Seungwoo still managed to smirk, "How could you?!" Chanyeol boomed, he felt so betrayed and disgusted by the man in front of him.

 

Seungwoo scoffed, "Like I told your friends, there is only room for one leader in the world I am going to create and that will be me, fear not though, I will be back eventually, and when I am back, I will fulfil my wish.". His tone mocked Chanyeol and he felt his body burn with anger.

 

Wisps of smoke rose from his skin, "You shall pay for this and I will never allow you to lead, not now, not ever." He vowed.

 

Seungwoo simply smirked at Chanyeol, his expression twisted in pain and his eyes finally closed, his body going limp. Chanyeol shouted in anger and threw Seungwoos body to the side. He was practically vibrating in anger as he turned to the piles of soldiers that were dead at the entrance, using his ability he burnt up each of the bodies.

 

Once he was done he sent a particularly violent burst of fire in Seungwoos direction, feeling a bittersweet sense of accomplishment as he watched it burn.

 

With delicate hands, he moved his friends so that they were together with their partners, it was the least he could do and it gave him some comfort knowing they were next to each other.

 

Finally, he sat down next to Baekhyun.

 

His lover, who was still so beautiful, even in death, he allowed himself to break down, as he held the smaller close to himself. Chanyeol had never felt so broken and alone and for the first time in his existence, he was truly lost.