It's A What?!

Remember

Baekhyun woke to an alarm and his eyes blinked open, he was slightly shocked to find a sleeping Chanyeol still in his arms, but he couldn't bring himself to mind, when the taller looked so defenceless and content with his head against Baekhyuns chest.

 

The alarm continued and Chanyeol woke as well, he seemed disorientated at first, until his memories finally resurfaced. The taller pulled away from Baekhyun and sat up, Baekhyun doing the same. Chanyeol reached over and tapped off his alarm, he looked back at Baekhyun, regarding him with an indecipherable look.

 

Chanyeol eventually brought Baekhyuns hand into his own and traced more words onto his skin.

 

'Thank you'

 

Baekhyun smiled sweetly, "Its fine, I'm just happy to help.".

 

Chanyeol nodded and sent him a small smile, Baekhyun got out of the bed "I should really get back to my room and get ready, but I'll see you later okay?" He promised.

 

Chanyeol looked sad to see him go but he nodded nevertheless, Baekhyun waved as he left the room and made his way back to his own room.

 

~

 

Chanyeol watched as the door shut and his face fell, he hated to see the other leave, but he knew he couldn't keep him.

 

Chanyeol got out of the bed and stripped off his clothes, he looked in the mirror and frowned at the sight of the ink that was spread across his body, he wanted to hated the memories that were attached to those marks, but he couldn't bring himself to, when they also reminded him of those he held dear. 

 

The tattoos formed tribal patterns that ran across his torso, they wrapped around his legs and extended down his arms, he used to think they looked so pretty, especially the matching ones his lover used to have. Now they seemed lonely, as if they were a missing piece to a larger puzzle, which they technically were.

 

He knew he shouldn't have told Baekhyun to stay last night, but he could let himself push the other away and for the rest of the night, he slept peacefully, he had woken up feeling the most rested that he could ever remember feeling, a steady heart beat ingrained in his memories.

 

After his shower, he pulled on his clothes, he always things that covered up the marks, not wanting to have to explain them to anyone, the others in the advanced class hadn't even seen them.

 

~

 

Baekhyun ended up skipping breakfast, not feeling like eating, he still had butterflies in his stomach over the thought that he had just shared a bed with Chanyeol. He knew he was getting ahead of himself, but he couldn't help thinking that there was something between them.

 

Baekhyun checked his schedule and saw that his first lesson was P.E, Junmyeon had told him the day before that he just needed to bring some clothes that he could use. Baekhyun packed his bag and headed out to the sports hall that had been pointed out to him.

 

He arrived to find the rest of the group there, including Chanyeol who smiled at Baekhyun.

 

"You're here Baekhyun! We were all worried when you didn't turn up for breakfast." Luhan exclaimed, Baekhyun chuckled at the boys expression. Luhan had been in several of his lessons and Baekhyun really liked the other, he had always been followed by a silent Sehun, who Baekhyun also thought was nice, even though he didn't talk much.

 

"I wasn't really hungry." Baekhyun explained, Yixing frowned and rushed up, putting his hands against Baekhyuns cheeks. Baekhyun froze at the touch and watched as Yixing checked him, after a few seconds the other let out a small smile, "Well you're all fine, but don't go skipping breakfast too much, I don't want you to get ill.".

 

Baekhyun nodded, still perplexed at what had just happened, the group began to filter inside of the changing rooms, Baekhyun drifted in besides Tao and Kris, Chanyeol walked behind them, Tao nudged Baekhyun and he looked at the other, "Yixing likes to check on us all and the best way to do that is through contact, so don't be scared if he does that again, he's just looking out for you." Tao observed and Baekhyun nodded with a smile.

 

It was nice to know that Yixing cared about him enough to check on him. Their class consisted of around fourty males and there were rows of cubicles for them all to get changed. Baekhyun was secretly annoyed that he wouldn't get to see Chanyeol getting changed but he quickly shook his head at the thought.

 

Baekhyun changed into his spare clothes and packed his belongings into his bag, hanging it up in the stall. Their class was led outside onto the tennis courts, Baekhyun watched as a group of girls passed, clearly ogling Baekhyuns friends.

 

The coach blew a whistle, "Today we're playing tennis, you'll play in pairs and the teams will swap every five minutes, so grab a partner and get on with it.".

 

Baekhyun looked around at the class and noticed everyone was already in pairs, his eyes sought out a certain red head and he was happy to find him without a partner. Baekhyun bounced over to Chanyeol, "Will you be my partner?" He asked hopefully. Chanyeol nodded and led them over to the stand that held the racquets and the balls.

 

Both of them grabbed a racquet and returned to where the other pairs were waiting, the coach directed each pair to different court, they would play five minutes and then they would move to the next court. Baekhyun was happy to see that their first opponents were Junmyeon and Yixing, the whistle blew and they played a friendly match, the ball going back and forth, there wasn't much competitiveness and Baekhyun didn't mind it.

 

Their next pair was Kyungsoo and Jongin, Baekhyun didn't realise at first that this match would be so hard, but Kyungsoos strength along with Jongins ability to flit from place to place, made them a force to be be reckoned with. 

 

After the match was over, Baekhyun and Chanyeol not scoring a single point, they moved on to a pair of boys that Baekhyun didn't know very well. They were in one of Baekhyuns other classes, but he couldn't remember which one, he had always seen them, alongside many other people in his other classes, staring at him with envy, or even sometimes right out glaring at him. He had assumed it was just like Kyungsoo had said, that they were jealous because Baekhyun had turned up out of nowhere and been invited to the advanced group, but it still hurt Baekhyun to think that all these people disliked him for something out of his control, it wasn't as if Baekhyun had asked for all of this.

 

Baekhyun saw the other pair whisper to each other and as the whistle blew, they moved into position with matching grins that unnerved Baekhyun. The match started and at first it was a friendly match, but soon the other pair were putting a lot more force behind their swings and Baekhyun always seemed to be in the path of the ball as it sailed towards them. He was pretty lucky to have quick reflexes and he managed to deflect the ball most of the time.

 

And then he wasn't so lucky.

 

He misjudged the speed of the ball and didn't manage to bring up the racquet in time and all he felt was a sharp pain that ran through his nose, before the world turned black.

 

~

 

Chanyeol watched as the ball flew towards Baekhyun over and over again, he was becoming increasingly frustrated with the actions of the other boys, it was easy to see they were aiming for Baekhyun on purpose.

 

Chanyeol knew it was because they were jealous and he hated that even more, jealousy was such a toxic emotion and it had caused him so much pain in the past.

 

The pair nodded at each other and before Chanyeol could react, the ball was returned with a powerful swing and Chanyeol watched as it hit Baekhyun right in the face. He saw as Baekhyun collapsed from the sheer force of the ball and Chanyeol rushed over to his side, pulling the boys head into his lap, his eyes widened as he saw a trail of blood trickling down Baekhyuns face.

 

He snapped his head up, fixing the other pair with a deadly glare, he let his emotions get the best of them and focused his ability on the handles of their racquets, he watched as the handles turned a bright red and the boys dropped them with a yelp. He felt somewhat triumphant seeing the burn marks on their hands.

 

The rest of the class had noticed what had gone on and had crowded round the two that were on the floor, the coach blew the whistle and shouted for everyone to move back.

 

"We need to get him to the infirmary, it's not really the best place for him to be out here." The coach stated.

 

Taking action, Chanyeol slid his arms under Baekhyuns small body and brought them both up so that he was carrying the unconscious boy, Chanyeol glanced at Yixing who was staring at Baekhyun with a worried expression. He caught Yixings line of vision and jerked his head towards the entrance to the school, Yixing nodded, "I'll go with them." He volunteered.

 

No one interfered, knowing it was best to let Yixing join them, since he was more qualified than any nurse they employed at the school.

 

Chanyeol hastened his pace, trying to be careful not to jostle Baekhyun too much, lest he wake the boy, Yixing practically jogging to keep up with Chanyeols long legs.

 

They arrived at the infirmary in no time and Chanyeol entered to find there was no nurse on duty, he rolled his eyes at their incompetence and place Baekhyun gently down on one of the beds.

 

He hovered at the side of the bed as Yixing looked at Baekhyun, the healer lifted up his palms and lay them against Baekhyuns cheeks, Yixing close his eyes tightly and Chanyeol watched as the bruise that had begun to form on Baekhyuns face slowly disappeared, leaving only the traces of blood behind.

 

Chanyeol rummaged around in one of the drawers and found some tissues, he quickly wet them under a sink and squeezed the excess water out of them. He sat on the edge of the bed next to Baekhyun and carefully dabbed the tissues across Baekhyuns face, getting rid of the blood.

 

"You really care for him, don't you." Yixing spoke softly, Chanyeol had forgotten the other was even there and he gazed up at the healer, with an expression he knew revealed nothing, he had perfected the expression over the years.

 

Yixing chuckled, "You don't even have to say it, or...not say it in your case, it's kind of obvious, you've never been so close to someone, not even the rest of us and suddenly Baekhyun turns up and he's all you look at.".

 

Chanyeol lets out a small smile and turns his gaze back to Baekhyun, the boy looked so peaceful while he was sleeping, he reached a hand up and placed his large palm against the side of Baekhyuns face, he used a thumb to across Baekhyuns smooth cheek.

 

If only they knew what he truly felt, all those forgotten memories.

 

"Well I should go back to class, I know everyone's probably worrying, I suggest you take Baekhyun to his room, he might not wake up for a while, I'll tell the teachers that you won't be there." Yixing instructed and sent them a grin as he waved and left the room.

 

There was still ten minutes until the ended of lesson and Chanyeol wanted to have Baekhyun safety in his room before all the other students got out of class. He placed his hands underneath Baekhyun once again and lifted him into his arms, Chanyeol smiled softly as he watched the smaller turn his head into Chanyeols chest.

 

Chanyeol walked slowly back to Baekhyuns room, enjoying the way the smaller felt in his arms. Too soon, he had arrived at the room, there was a way for the twelve of them to open each other's doors and Chanyeol had been quite surprised that Baekhyun had managed to do it the previous night. If they directed their abilities at the door, it would immediately unlock and Chanyeol could only assume that Baekhyun had done it unconsciously during the night.

 

He sent a burst of fire in the direction of the door, not enough to cause harm, but enough for him to be recognised, the door clicked and Chanyeol used his foot to push it open, walking into the room,he kicked the door shut behind him.

 

He lay Baekhyun down on his bed and covered him up, watching as the boy snuggled into the covers.

 

Chanyeol grabbed the desk chair and brought it next to the bed, sitting down on it to watch over Baekhyuns unconscious form.

 

~

 

Baekhyun woke up, the setting sun bathing the room in an orange glow, he looked to his side and found Chanyeol. The taller was slumped to one side sat on a chair, his arms folded and eyes closed. Baekhyuns memories returned and his hand flew to his face, strangely nothing hurt and it took him a while to figure out that Yixing had most likely healed him, he made a note to thank the other later.

 

 Baekhyun sat up and the commotion caused Chanyeol to wake as well, he looked disoriented at first but then his eyes landed on Baekhyun and his expression softened. "Did you bring me here?" Baekhyun questioned and Chanyeol nodded.

 

"Thank you." He stated with a sincere smile, Chanyeol smiled in return and shook his head, as if to brush off his actions.

 

Chanyeol grabbed his phone and Baekhyun watched as he typed a message.

 

'On the weekends we are free to go out of the academy, do you want to go somewhere?'

 

Baekhyun scanned the message and looked at Chanyeol in shock, "You'd want to go somewhere with me?". Chanyeol rolled his eyes and nodded, still smiling, Baekhyun let out a chuckle, "Well I guess I can't refuse you, I hope you have an idea of where to go, because I'm not from around here.".

 

Chanyeol typed another message.

 

'I have a few ideas."

 

"I guess it's a date then." Baekhyun said, he then realised his words and his eyes widened, "Ah...I mean it's a plan." He stuttered out, trying to correct himself. He kept stumbling over words as Chanyeol returned to his mobile.

 

'It's a date :)'

 

Baekhyun stared at the words and a laugh bubbled out of him and he dropped his head into his hands, he didn't want to mess up like that and embarrass himself, but the words had just slipped from his mouth.

 

How on earth was he going to survive their date this weekend?