Begin

Remember

"Are you sure you have everything?" His mother asked anxiously, she was holding his shoulders tightly, preventing him from getting in the car.

 

Baekhyun smiled sweetly, "I've checked three times, everything is there, but if I don't get going now, I really will be late and that won't look very good in the first day.". His mother nodded and hugged him tightly before letting him go, Baekhyun got into the car and started it up, as he pulled out of the drive, his mother waved madly from the doorway. Baekhyun grinned back and continued to smile until she was out of sight.

 

As soon as she left his mirrors, his expression shifted to one of nervousness, today was Baekhyuns first day at his new school. It was an academy for gifted students. In the world, there were many gifted individuals, who were blessed with amazing abilities, it was not widely known to those who didn't possess these abilities, who knew what would happen if they found out. Baekhyun shivered at the thought of being captured and taken in for countless tests to be performed on him.

 

Baekhyun himself had only found out about his abilities in the past few months, he had a nightmare that night and ended up blowing all the bulbs in the house, he then woke up and screamed as he found his hands emitting balls of light. His mother had finally revealed that he was able to control light and Baekhyun had laughed at first, thinking it was all a joke or some strange dream that he hadn't woken up from yet.

 

His mother had assured him that it was all real and it was hard to deny it when he was literally a living light stick. Over the course of the last few months, his mother had helped him to improve his control over his ability, she had then told him a few weeks ago that he was being sent to a school that would be able to help him. 

 

It was daunting to Baekhyun, who would have to find a way to fit in with the other students who had been there for years, having already mastered their abilities, Baekhyun just hoped he wouldn't make a fool of himself.

 

It was even scarier to know that he would be living at the school and Baekhyun hated the fact that he was being taken away from everything an everyone he was used too. Baekhyun had been quite popular at his previous school and all of his friends had seemed sad to see him go, however Baekhyun fully expected them to get over it in a week. Being popular was nice, but there was so much back stabbing and unease between everyone, one had to watch out for their self or else they would soon find themselves at the bottom of the pile.

 

Baekhyun wanted to use this academy as a new start, where he could make real friends and not just fake friends that pretend they love you and then talk about you behind your back.

 

Baekhyun followed the directions to the academy, it took two and a half hours before he arrived at a long, winding road, he followed the path and came to a huge gated campus. He brought his car to a stop next to the security booth, rolling down his window, he was met with an officer, "Name?" The officer inquired. "Byun Baekhyun." He replied quickly. 

 

The officer searched the screen in front of him and eventually let out a confirmation nod, the gate in front of Baekhyun swung open, "Follow the signs and you'll find the car park, after that make your way to the main office and tell them who you are." The officer informed. 

 

Baekhyun nodded and thanked him as he rolled his car into the campus, he followed the signs and parked his car alongside the others. He exited his vehicle, stretching after being cooped up for so long, he decided not to grab any of his belongings, figuring he could retrieve them later.

 

Baekhyun locked his car and strolled through the grounds, appreciating the well manicured grounds, he found the main entrance and walked through the door. He was met with a receptionists desk and the middle aged woman looked up at his arrival, sending him a welcoming smile, "And you are Byun Baekhyun, I presume.". Baekhyun nodded and stood in front of the desk as the lady clicked away in her computer. The lady finished typing in to her computer and turned back to Baekhyun, "We've been expecting you," Baekhyun gave her a wary glance, that sure didn't sound as welcoming as the lady thought it did, the receptionist laughed at Baekhyuns expression, "Don't worry, I was notified by the headmaster that you would be arriving today, if you follow the hallway down to the end, you will arrive at his office, he is waiting to meet you.". 

 

Baekhyun thanked her and walked down the hallway, he came to the end and was faced with a door, he gave a tentative knock to the door and a voice called out for him to enter. Baekhyun opened the door and walked into the office, he was met with a surprisingly young man, who had a very kind face, Baekhyun felt as though he could trust this person.

 

The man gestured to a seat on the opposite side of his desk and Baekhyun sat down, he then looked at the man, not really knowing what to say. "It's great to meet you Baekhyun," the headmaster began, "I'm Mr Lee, the headteacher and I am delighted to introduce you to the academy. We specialise in students that hold abilities, we help them to grow and learn how to use their abilities safely. I hear from your mother that you hold the ability to control light.".

 

"Ah, yes that's right." He replied. "That's excellent, its such a powerful ability to have." Mr Lee complimented and Baekhyun shifted nervously in his seat, it may be an amazing ability, but Baekhyun couldn't even control it properly, so what was the point of even having it.

 

The teacher shuffled around some of the papers on his desk and spun them around so that Baekhyun could see them, Baekhyun leant forward and inspected the sheets, they formed a school schedule. He scanned them and found many of the normal lessons that he had taken back at his previous school, however, dotted over the table were lesson named 'Special Studies', he furrowed his eyebrows and sent a look tot he headteacher.

 

"As you can see, alongside your normal lessons, you will have several hours a week dedicated to developing your abilities, due to some special circumstances, you have been placed in to the advanced class, but I am sure you will catch up quickly." Mr Lee smiled and Baekhyuns mouth dropped open.

 

"A-Advanced?! I can barely do anything with my ability, how am I supposed to go into an advanced class, my mother told me that most students join when they are fourteen, I'm eighteen and I've just found out about this, how can you expect me to join those students who have been here for four years?!" He protested in desperation, he could already picture all the other students mocking him.

 

Mr Lee shook his head, "Don't worry, the class you are in only has eleven other students, all of their abilities are very powerful, just like yours and they all require special monitoring to ensure none of you cause harm to yourself or anyone else.".

 

Baekhyun slumped in his seat, he couldn't even form any more words, there was a knock at the door and Baekhyun looked towards the door. The door opened and in walked a boy around his age, "Ah, you're just on time, Baekhyun I'd like to introduce you to Kim Junmyeon, he is the student council president and he is also part of your special studies class. He will be showing you around the school and to your dorm room, I hate to make you leave so soon, but I have a I need to do, so if you have no more questions, you should get on your the headmaster stated, giving Baekhyun a pleasant smile.

 

Baekhyun nodded and bid the headmaster goodbye, he felt somewhat numb as he took his schedule from the desk and exited the room, following Junmyeon. He closed the door behind him and continued after the other student.

 

"So you're Baekhyun, huh?" Junmyeon asked, "We were told there would be another student joining our class, everyone's been wondering what you would be like.". 

 

"Erm yes, I'm Baekhyun...Is everyone really powerful in that class? Mr Lee told me it was the advanced class." He inquired, wanting to know how much he was going to show himself up.

 

Junmyeon sent him a mischievous smirk, "Its not called the advanced class for nothing, all of us are rather exceptional, surely you are the same right? We were all wondering why you've only just turned up, we figured you'd be really amazing since you have just joined and were immediately placed in the class.".

 

Baekhyun gulped, "I only just found out about this all recently." He admitted. Junmyeon stopped in his tracks and sent Baekhyun a shocked look, Baekhyun nearly stumbled into the other and looked at him in confusion, "Why would you be placed in the class then? What even is your ability?" Junmyeon questioned.

 

Baekhyun shifted on his feet, "Light.". Junmyeons eyes widened, "How can you have only just found out about that?! That's one of the most powerful abilities, all of us have known about our abilities for as long as we could remember.".

 

Baekhyun just shook his head looking down at the ground, feeling dejected, he felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up into Junmyeons kind gaze, "Hey it doesn't matter, you should be glad, having so much potential means you won't have to work so much. With lesser abilities, the user has to work hard to even summon their ability, you're kinda lucky.".

 

Baekhyun felt slightly better after hearing his words and sent the other a grateful smile, "Is light really that powerful?" He inquired, surely he couldn't have such an exceptional ability.

 

Junmyeon nodded with an excited expression, "Its one of the twelve highest abilities, the reason you along with everyone else was placed in the advanced class is because each of us have one of the twelve.".

 

Baekhyun was perplexed and Junmyeon seemed to sense this, "Erm, how should I explain this...many years ago, like thousands of years ago, there were the twelve deities or gods or whatever, each of them held one of the twelve abilities, they gave others the chance to discover their own abilities and that is where all of this started.". 

 

Baekhyun nodded slowly, he wasn't really sure he believed all of that, but he wasn't so quick to deny it, finding out all of this exists was so strange and the idea of gods and powers didn't seem so far fetched.

 

"You'll learn more about everything in your lessons, for now let's get you to your room, the first lesson is in about half an hour and it wouldn't do well to be late on your first day." Junmyeon stated and began to walk again. 

 

Baekhyun was led up several flights of stairs and they reached a long corridor with doors lining each of the side, there were twelve in all, each with strange symbols on the front of the door. As they walked down the hall, Junmyeon gave him an explanation, "The school prefers for all of us to be kept together, they never told us why and we learnt to stop asking, so I hope you don't mind.". Hey stopped in front of a door and on it was a symbol that reminded Baekhyun of a star, he brought up a hand to trace the silver that was engraved into the wood.

 

"It's the symbol for light, each of the doors represents a different ability." Junmyeon added and Baekhyun nodded, his eyes still on the symbol. Junmyeon rummaged around in his pocket and retrieved a slip of paper, he handed it to Baekhyun. "This is the code for your door, you can change it if you want." Junmyeon commented.

 

Baekhyun glanced at the paper which held a four digit code, he typed the numbers into the keypad on the side of the door and a lock clicked, he pushed the door and it swung open.

 

Baekhyun took a few steps inside and found a simple room, it contained a bed, a desk, a wardrobe and a door which he presumed led to a bathroom. He took a peek behind it and found he was correct, the bathroom held a shower, sink and toilet. Overall, it wasn't bad, the room was painted in a lilac colour, Baekhyun liked it and he also liked how clean everything was, he had worried that he would end up in a dingy room that had spiderwebs in the corners. Luckily everything was really nice and he could see himself staying here.

 

"I hope you like it." Junmyeon said with a smile, Baekhyun returned his smile, "Well, its only like ten minutes until the lesson, luckily its special studies, so I can show you the way.".

 

Baekhyun was so nervous, he didn't really want to go to the class, but he knew he had to eventually. "Ah! What should I do, I don't have any books or pens to use." Baekhyun looked at Junmyeon desperately.

 

Junmyeon chuckled and waved for Baekhyun to follow him, Baekhyun swiftly walked behind him, making sure to close his door, he followed the other a few doors down and they stopped in front of another door. "This is my room, if you ever need anything, jus come and ask me." Junmyeon told him.

 

Junmyeon tapped a code into the key pad and opened the door, Baekhyun steps in after Junmyeon, trying to adjust to the darkness of the room, he heard Junmyeon sigh and saw him walk towards the bed. Baekhyun swore he could see a lump in the bed and his thoughts were confirmed when the lump shifted, a groan emanating from under the covers. 

 

Junmyeon opened the curtains above the bed and then sat down next the lump, he peeled the covers back and a head popped out, hair sticking all over the place, "I thought I told you it was time to get up." Junmyeon coaxed, running his fingers through the persons hair. Baekhyun thought the male was rather cute with the way he moved towards Junmyeon hand, as if he was a cat.

 

"Come on Yixing, we have a guest." Junmyeon added and at the words, the males eyes blinked open, finding Baekhyun. Yixing smiled sleepily at Baekhyun, "Its nice to meet you, I'm Yixing.".

 

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun." He replied, unsure of what he should do, it was strange to talk to two people you had just met, especially when one of them was in another persons bed.

 

Yixing pushed himself up and stretched his arms, yawning cutely. To Baekhyuns surprise, the male was fully dressed in clothes, not pyjamas like Baekhyun had expected. Junmyeon clicked his tongue, "This is why I said I'd wait for you, you always tell me to go ahead and then you go back to bed." He chided softly. Baekhyun figured Junmyeon was trying to sound annoyed, but he sounded more like a concerned lover, it was cute.

 

Yixing leant forward and pecked Junmyeons lips, "But you always come and wake me up again, I don't know what I would do without you." He remarked with a grin.

 

Junmyeon shook his head and stood up, pulling Yixing up with him. Whilst Junmyeon gathered books and pens for Baekhyun, Yixing wandered over to Baekhyun and pulled him into a hug, Baekhyun froze, not knowing what to do. He heard Junmyeon chuckle, "Don't mind him Baekhyun, he's affectionate with everyone.". Baekhyun willed himself to relax and brought his arms up to hug the male back, it felt warm and welcoming and Baekhyun was happy that he knew two people before he even went into the class.

 

Yixing pulled back and pecked Baekhyuns cheek, Baekhyuns cheeks turned a light pink and he brought a hand up to cover his cheek. Yixing smiled adorably and Baekhyun couldn't bring himself to mind. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you he kisses everyone's cheek, he's not making a pass at you don't worry." Junmyeon announced. Yixing was still grinning and made his way over to Junmyeon wrapping his arms around the others waist, "Why would I make a pass at someone else, when I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world already?". Baekhyun thought the two made anincredibly sweet couple and he was glad he had met them.

 

Junmyeon chuckled again and kissed Yixings forehead before breaking away and handing Baekhyun a backpack, it had several notebooks in, as well as a pencil case, "This should be enough until you get your own things." He added. "Thankyou, you've helped me so much after knowing me for less than hour." Baekhyun returned, he was honestly surprised, it seemed so strange for someone to be so willing to give Baekhyun what he needs.

 

Junmyeon shook his head, "Its kind of my job to help the other students and besides your part of the advanced class, all of us are pretty close and I can tell you'll fit in just great.". Junmyeon grabbed two bags off the floor and handed one to Yixing, "Well then, we should really get to class, we don't want to be late.".

 

Baekhyun followed the couple that were swinging the linked hands between them, every so often, one of them pointed out something and by the time they got to the classroom, Baekhyun had a rough idea of the layout of the academy. Baekhyun stood behind the other two, Junmyeon sent him a reassign smile and pushed the door open, walking inside with Yixing. 

 

 

Hello :) this is the first chapter of my new story, I'm really excited for this and I've already got an good idea for how it's gonna work out, in the next chapter we get to meet the rest of the advanced class, so I hope you look forward to it.

 

This story does include other couples, but it's mainly focused on Chanbaek, so the other couples won't get as much focus. I may include the POVs of others, but it will probably only be small if I do.

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I do apologise if there are any mistakes, but I tend not to read over my work, so sorry in advance for that. Comments are greatly appreciated and I would love to hear everyone's impressions of the first chapter, I will see you all next time :)