The Winter Concert

You're Getting on My Nerves, Maestro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N:] I know that I didn't update for quite a long time but I struggled with this chapter A LOT. It was so hard to write and I was very unhappy with some of its parts and I was editing them like 10 times ;-; But yeah I've finally managed.

 

 

Suddenly he heard Changkyun call his name so he came back to the living room.

"Kihyun, I know it's not the right moment, but we have only two hours to the rehearsal and I don't know how long it takes to get to the university from here." - he said now clearly stressed out.

Kihyun entered the room and sighed.

"Don't worry. We still have about half an hour but we have to prepare before we go." - he said glancing at Changkyun.

He was concerned because it seemed that the younger boy had already started to freak out before the dress rehearsal.

"I'm going to change my clothes." - he added gesturing in the corridor's direction - "Wait." - he said suddenly when a horrified expression showed up on the younger male's face.

They were supposed to come to the rehearsal wearing formal clothes as Mr Son told them on the most recent rehearsal and Changkyun was still in the same clothes as yesterday. They stared at each other for a while in silence.

"Ok, come with me. I can borrow you something. I'll try to find some clothes that will fit you." - he suggested because he was truly worried.

He wanted to show that they had been working very hard and that they were both professionalists. He didn't want something as stupid an improper dress to undermine their image. Changkyun stared at him in shock.

"A-are you s-serious?" - he stuttered - "You seriously want to do that? You're not joking?"

Kihyun compressed his lips.

"Yes, I'm not joking. I don't want Mr Son to yell at us because you're wearing... this." - he said gesturing to the plaid flannel shirt and ripped jeans he was wearing.

"Hey, what's wrong with it?!" - exclaimed Changkyun.

Kihyun frowned even more. Why this kid had to be offended by everything he said?

"Nothing, it's just unsuitable for this situation." - he replied in grave tone - "And calm down, I'm trying to help you if you haven't noticed."

The ginger nodded but his unhappy expression didn't change. They went to the corridor and Kihyun took Changkyun to his bedroom. When they entered the room the brunette immediately opened the wardrobe. He quickly looked through its content and took out two or three suits and shirts.

"I can't borrow you this one because I'm going to wear it." - he said putting one of the sets of clothes aside - "But let's see the rest. Will that even fit you?" - he added with a frown and turned around.

He scanned Changkyun's body frame and the younger boy fidgeted nervously because of how intensely he was staring at him.

"Wait." - said Kihyun suddenly - "Are we the same height?" - he was surprised that he didn't notice that before and he stood opposite him and tried to measure him with his hand.

Changkyun pouted.

"No. I'm sure that I'm taller." - he said crossing his arms.

Kihyun kept touching his own and Changkyun's heads trying to see if there is any difference and then he suddenly laughed.

"Wow, we're really the same height!" - he exclaimed and the ginger pouted even more - "Why are you sulking, kid?" - he asked in unbelieving tone - "At least you can wear it!"

Changkyun sighed but after a few seconds, he nodded.

"Ok, so I'll wear that one and you can choose either of those two." - he explained taking the suit he chose.

Suddenly, they heard someone giggle. They turned around and at the threshold stood Hoseok.

"Aww, how cute, you're exchanging clothes." - he cooed.

The younger boy stared at Hoseok clearly shocked and flustered at the same time.

"Could you please mind your own business?" - Kihyun glared at him hoping that it will make him go away - "You told me to leave you alone because you're tired. Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"What do you mean? I just passed by your room and you didn't close the door so what's the problem?" - his flatmate just shrugged and smiled wryly.

"Just stop bothering us." - he said glaring at him again - "Changkyun, have you chosen something? I'm going to the bathroom to change and you can do that here." - he spoke to the younger boy deciding to ignore his nosy flatmate from now on.

Hoseok chuckled.

"What? Are you embarrassed to change next to your boyfriend?" - he asked with a cheeky smile.

Kihyun gasped.

"What do you not understand in the sentence 'he is not my boyfriend'?!" - he bridled - "I'm not going to change with him being in the same room and I'm not going to watch him change."

"Oh, yes, now I understand!" - exclaimed his flatmate clearly exaggerating his reaction - "So, can I look at him?" - he asked wiggling his eyebrow.

"NO!" - yelled the brunette completely shook by his words.

"See? I told you that you're jealous!" - the man clapped his hands pleased with himself.

"Ok, just stop it." - Changkyun spoke for the first time since Hoseok entered the room - "I don't care if Kihyun is jealous or not but you won't see more than me rolling up my sleeve at the doctor's." - he added with a stern look.

Hoseok gaped. Kihyun was shocked as well. He was surprised that the younger one suddenly reacted so harshly.

"Oh my God, Hoseok, it has nothing to do with me being jealous, you're just acting like a total ." - he blurted out.

"Are you saying such things to your patients as well? No wonder that there aren't many male nurses if they act like that." - Changkyun seemed to be really angry - "I hope that I'll never come across you at your shift when I'll have to go to the hospital."

Hoseok just kept staring at him not knowing how to reply.

"Ok, I think it's time you went away." - Kihyun suddenly spoke and tried to push his flatmate out of the room because he didn't budge.

When he finally left the brunette turned around to Changkyun.

"Wait, were you in the hospital where he works? Were you sick?" - he asked in a low voice - "But you are ok now, right?"

The ginger looked up at him with a surprised expression.

"Yes, it was a long time ago. Now I'm fine. What, are you worried?" - he asked with a smirk.

Kihyun cleared his throat awkwardly.

"W-well... I don't want you to faint on the rehearsal or something." - he stammered out.

"Oh my God, the rehearsal!" - exclaimed the younger one palming his face - "Quickly, let's change before we will be late!"

The brunette nodded frantically and walked out of the room. After a few minutes, he came back and knocked on the bedroom door.

"Changkyun, have you finished? Can I go in?" - he asked and when he heard a yes he walked in.

As he stepped into the room the younger boy froze. Kihyun frowned.

"What? Is something wrong?" - he asked in surprised tone looking down at his legs and smoothing his trousers.

Changkyun gulped still staring at him and muttered something inarticulately. He couldn't take his eyes off Kihyun's body. The way his torso looked in the tight-fitting light pink shirt made his mind go totally blank. The navy suit fitted him perfectly and it just had to be tailored.

"What?" - he repeated still not understanding what the younger one wanted from him.

"I-I..." - he stuttered - "How to say that without sounding gay..." - he whispered to himself - "You look good." - he blurted out and looked away.

"Too late because that already sounded gay." - said the older boy and laughed - "But thank you." - he added quickly because Changkyun glared at him.

Suddenly they felt very awkward and they both flushed. After a moment, Kihyun cleared his throat.

"Ok, I think that we really should go now." - he said looking at his watch.

"Yeah, right..." - started the younger boy - "But I have one problem. Are those shoes ok?" - he asked raising his left foot for him to see.

It was bright purple sneakers. Kihyun stared.

"Er..." - he murmured - "There is nothing that we can do about that at this moment... Maybe no one will notice? But if someone does just tell them that it's your sense of fashion." - he added laughing.

Changkyun grinned.

"Oh, that's a great idea! No one can question my fashion sense!" - he exclaimed and gesticulated to his outfit and smiled proudly.

"But don't forget that it was me who borrowed you those clothes!" - joked the brunette winking at him.

 

They didn't say anything more after that and they just left the flat and the apartment block and headed to the parking lot. They got into Kihyun's car and he started to drive. They were silent for a long moment and Kihyun was deeply in his thoughts. Changkyun stared at him because he wondered what he was thinking about. The older male seemed to be concerned with something. Just as the ginger-haired boy wanted to ask him about that the brunette spoke.

"Changkyun?" - he asked to check if the ginger was listening to him - "If anyone will ask why we came to school together today just tell them that I drove you to school because your bus broke and I just accidentally noticed you walking on the side of a road." - he said.

Changkyun frowned and then snorted.

"What?" - he asked in unbelieving tone - "Why did you come up with such a ridiculous idea? Do I really have to say that? Do you want me to lie? Why can't I just tell the truth?" - he bombarded him with questions.

Kihyun clenched his hands on the steering wheel.

"Do you even hear yourself?" - he ground out - "What? Do you want to tell people that you slept over at my house? Can't you see how ambiguously it sounds? Maybe you will go around and tell others that you were lying on my... Ok, I can't anymore." - he murmured more to himself than to Changkyun.

The ginger looked through the window not wanting to respond to that. It wasn't that he wanted everyone to know what they did and start to make assumptions just like Kihyun's flatmate because that was what they would definitely do if they knew, he just really hated lies. And he knew that trying to pretend that he hadn't been to Kihyun's house if someone asked him about that would be almost impossible. He was a terrible liar. There were hundreds of things which could go wrong and betray his true thoughts. He just couldn't pretend. And on top of that, he couldn't understand why Kihyun was so ashamed of what they had done. After all, it was him who started to caress his hair out of the blue just a few hours before and it was him who initiated the kiss. Kihyun had already told him that he was straight but his actions were contradicting his words and it puzzled him. When the older male acted like that it hurt his feelings. He wanted everything to be less complicated.

"As you like it." - he finally said in a grave tone.

He agreed but he would do anything to be able to speak about those things that were burdening him.

After that the atmosphere became tense and they didn't speak any more until they got to the university building.

 

They entered the building and without a word, they just parted their ways and each of them went up to his own friends as if everything was as usual. No one even noticed that they came together. When Changkyun reached Yoonho and Seokwon the two boys smiled. When he saw them, he started to wonder if they were as nervous as him but to his surprise, they both seemed very calm. The two friends were going to perform together and he was curious what they had come up with since Seokwon was very talented and had a lot of potential and Yoonho was one of the poorest students in his class. Well, he himself, unfortunately, was probably on almost the same level as the latter of the classmates. He greeted them and since they still had some time before the rehearsal was supposed to begin they started to talk.

"How are you?" - asked Yoonho with a wry smile - "Nervous before the final rehearsal?"

Changkyun smiled back awkwardly.

"Could be worse." - he replied but he felt that he started to tremble slightly.

"Where is your partner? Shouldn't you two be waiting together?" - asked Seokwon looking around as if the second half of Changkyun's duo could appear out of nowhere any second.

The ginger-haired boy cleared his throat. He totally forgot that he never told them who he was supposed to perform with. Not that he felt the need to do so.

"Oh, he just went to meet with his friends. We don't really like each other, you know." - he said dryly compressing his lips.

The two boys exchanged looks.

"Why are you performing together then?" - asked Yoonho with a frown.

"Mr Son made us do so because we were the last two people left." - he replied kicking his heels nervously.

He was ashamed that he was such a loser that he didn't manage to choose his own project partner. His classmates laughed loudly and some people who were next to them turned around to check what was happening.

"Oh my God, Changkyun, you're slow." - said Yoonho in a muffled voice because he couldn't stop laughing - "Anyway, who is he?" - he asked curiously after a few seconds when he managed to calm down a bit.

"Oh, it's the pianist." - he said blandly.

Yoonho and Seokwon gaped.

"L-like THE pianist? That black-haired senior with the resting face?" - stuttered out Seokwon still staring at him in shock.

Changkyun cracked up because it was the most accurate description of Kihyun he had ever heard.

"Yeah, it's him." - he gasped out when he finally stopped laughing.

"Jesus, he's scary as . He seems to hate everyone and everything." - added Seokwon and looked around in panic - "But still, even if you don't like each other you're in better position than us because, as you remember, I was supposed to do this with that Sohyun who plays the flute but she dropped out of the university in November so I quickly asked Mr Son, if Yoonho can be my partner even though he's not in the orchestra and fortunately he agreed." - he explained quickly.

Changkyun total

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter