I hate you or maybe I don't

You're Getting on My Nerves, Maestro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Changkyun, seriously, what's wrong with you?!" - Kihyun yelled.

He had lost his temper. He had enough. He didn't sign for such a working conditions.

"If they gave medals for being a prick you would win gold." - ground out the ginger.

"What?" - asked the brunette in unbelieving tone and then he sneered - "Have you been thinking about the line a lot? I must admit that I'm surprised how creative it was."

Changkyun threw him a deadly glare and his cheeks were flushed but Kihyun ignored that.

"Ok, stop this farce. I have no idea what do you want from me and I don't know if you have noticed but we have no time to waste. The concert, does that tell you anything?!" - he yelled again.

All he wanted was the kid to be focused. Was that too much? Kihyun glanced at the clock. He sighed because they were supposed to finish the rehearsal already.

"Look what you did!" - he continued to yell and pointed out at the clock - "I will give you a rough ride at the piano lesson." - he threatened him.

Changkyun snorted.

"What for? You're seriously the biggest prick I have ever known!" - the younger boy was so angry that he was trembling.

Kihyun got up, went up to his bag and started to rifle through it. Finally, he took out some crumpled papers.

"You'll play this." - he put those sheets on the piano.

Changkyun glared at him again but after a moment of reluctance, he finally sat on the piano stool. He glanced at the papers and groaned.

"You , you know well that I won't be able to do that!" - he whined.

Kihyun made a wry face.

"What? Do you want something easier? Why would I teach you then if you don't even want to advance? I can tell Miss Yoon that you don't want me to tutor you anymore." - he tried to threaten him.

He seriously had enough of his behaviour that day. To his surprise, Changkyun sneered.

"Fantastic! Go and tell her! I was thinking about that for weeks!" - he exclaimed - "But I'm sure that she won't say yes to that since you promised her to teach me."

Kihyun sighed. This one time this stupid kid was right. There was no way in the hell that she will let them stop.

"Fine." - he said with a poker face - "So stop whining and play it." - he pointed at the piano with his chin.

The ginger muttered something under his breath but he couldn't understand a word so he just turned a deaf ear to that. He sat next to him and looked at him expectantly. Changkyun frowned. He still was hesitant for a moment but then he finally started to slowly move his fingers on the keyboard. The sheet music Kihyun gave him was one of his favourite pieces, Chopin's Nocturne in E-flat major, Op. 9, No. 2, and he really hoped that the younger male won't butcher it too much but at the same time he was almost sure that his hope was in vain. He purposefully gave him an extremely difficult piece. He wanted to put more pressure on him after he started to be even more disobedient than before. If Miss Yoon wanted Kihyun to teach that kid something he had to use more extreme measures. He stared at the ginger-haired boy as he struggled and suddenly something struck him. How could he not notice that before?

"No, look." - he said out of the blue gripping Changkyun's wrist – "Your hand is in the wrong position all the time. You're going to harm your tendons if you keep playing like this." - he preached him and he took the younger guy's hand to adjust its position.

The younger male's hand trembled as Kihyun was still gripping it tightly and he abruptly pulled the hand out of his grasp. He crossed his arms over his chest and started to persistently stare at the keyboard. Kihyun was speechless. He meant well. Why was the kid reacting so strangely? Finally, Changkyun turned his head in his direction.

"Don't touch me, you ! Don't pretend that you don't remember!" - he yelled suddenly.

He could see in his eyes that he was hurt. Kihyun gulped. His mouth was dry.

"Remember what?" - he asked in low voice hoping that this gut feeling was wrong.

Changkyun went silent and he didn't say anything for almost a minute. The ginger clenched his hands on his knees and his ears turned red.

"Mr Son's Christmas party does that tell you anything?" - he asked finally after Kihyun pointedly cleared his throat.

When the older male heard that he suddenly felt dizzy.

"Yeah, that p-p-party, it was c-cool, so what?" - even though he tried to maintain a poker face he still started to stutter.

Changkyun compressed his lips.

"Do you ever think what others feel?!" - yelled the ginger suddenly - "No, you don't because you're a ing egoist! First, you did that and then when we meet you act like nothing happened! I have enough! Why do you play with my feelings?!" - when he finally finished shouting, Changkyun was breathing hard.

Kihyun sat with a frown on his face. The words stung. He was right. He rarely paid attention to others. And just a few minutes before he treated Changkyun like a piece of trash but now it was too late to clear everything up. He didn't know what to say. He really believed that he had kissed someone else.

"I... I seriously didn't know that it was you..." - he stuttered out almost inaudibly.

He stared at the piano because he had no courage to look at him. He heard Changkyun snort.

"Why should I believe in your words?!" - he bridled - "I have a theory. You bet with somebody that you'll kiss me because it would be fun. You won and now you're playing dumb to get away with what you had done, am I right?" - he asked in a tone as if he was interrogating him.

"No!" - he exclaimed staring at him with a pure shock on his face.

Well, maybe Kihyun was an but he would never do something like this on purpose.

"I didn't do that! I know that what I did was wrong. But honestly, it never crossed my mind that it could be you who I k-kissed. I didn't do that on purpose and that's very embarrassing but I just got drunk and I don't even know why I did it. I was so drunk that I didn't remember much the next day." - he tried to explain and he looked up at the ginger because he wanted to see his reaction.

He wanted the younger male to believe him. Kihyun had no courage to tell him the whole truth. He was afraid that he would hurt him even more if he told him that he did that just to make someone else jealous. However, he still hoped that he looked convincing. Changkyun persistently tried to avoid eye contact. Kihyun sighed.

"I'm sincerely sorry. I doubt that you'll ever forgive me but I really didn't mean to do that. My brain decided for me and I have no idea why. I'm not gay or anything." - he added quickly.

He wanted everything to be crystal clear. He wanted to avoid misunderstanding. Suddenly the freshman decided to look at him but his expression was very stern.

"Oh, it just so happens that I am." - he said tonelessly.

Kihyun froze. Oh, no. Why out of all the people that were at that party he had to kiss some gay dude? He seriously never thought how others could feel. No wonder that Changkyun was hurt. Maybe he had hoped for something more.

"I-I... I'm s-sorry." - he stammered out the words once again but now he was almost certain that it won't change anything.

The ginger looked away again.

"Sorry." - parroted the younger one in low voice - "It's all words." - he whispered shaking his head - "I have to go. I'll come to the rehearsal tomorrow, I'll take part in the concert but after that, I don't want to see you ever again. Tomorrow I'll go to Miss Yoon." - he said taking his guitar case and his bag and walked out.

Kihyun stared at his back as he was leaving the room. He didn't know what to do. Maybe it was all supposed to end like this? He ed up. He felt like a piece of for treating him like that. Maybe it had to end this way for him to realise that he was a bad person. He was mean to everyone and he had more enemies than friends. Oh, yes, Changkyun was 100% right. No wonder he believed that he was capable of playing with someone else's feelings just for fun. Kihyun sat on the piano stool burying his face in his hands. He was in a gloomy mood after he realised how many wrong things he had done before.

~*~

When Changkyun got home that night he felt exhausted and heartbroken. He could have guessed that his confrontation with Kihyun just couldn't go well but he still felt hurt. There was no way for him to be prepared for that. He believed that the older male tried to trick him. Why couldn't he just say the whole truth to his face? He was a liar. "He did it just because he was drunk." Blah, blah. Bull! Changkyun laid down on his bed without even changing his clothes but he couldn't fall asleep even though he tried. When it was already 5 am, he just got up, took a shower and started to prepare for his classes.

~*~

The next morning Kihyun had his classes about copyright. He tried to focus on his teacher's words but his thoughts were meandering. He was still wondering if he could apologise to Changkyun somehow. He wanted to prove that he wasn't an . It wasn't his purpose to use him after all. It was really a misunderstanding. He was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't pay attention to anything around him. He just scribbled in his notebook not noticing that Hyungwon, with whom he sat at the same desk, was glancing at him worriedly all the time.

"Mr Yoo," - said Dr Bae, their teacher - "can you remind me how long a work of art is protected by copyright? - she asked out of the blue.

She wanted to keep her students focused.

"Mr Yoo," - she repeated tapping her finger on his desk - "that was the most basic question I could ask you." - she said reproachfully - "Are you listening to me?" - she asked with her face only 10cm from Kihyun's face.

When he noticed his reflection in her glasses he finally woke up from thought.

"I-I..." - he stammered out.

He had no idea what was going on. Everyone giggled and he looked around confused. Dr Bae took his notebook and looked through it. She read the last page slowly.

"I should've told him." - she mouthed and looked narrowly at Kihyun - "Mr Yoo, where are your notes?" - she asked and he gulped - "Very bad, that's an F. That's the first time in ten years I had to remind someone about taking notes in my classes. I don't know what is going on but you'll come to my office hours next week to write a test about today's class material in order to make up for that F." - she explained staring at him the whole time and his classmates laughed - "Ok, now everyone focus." - she reprimanded them and continued her monologue.

 

After the class had finished Hyungwon, Minhyuk, Jooheon and Gunhee wouldn't let him live. They were following him around trying to find out what happened but it was in vain. Talking to his friends was now the last thing about which he thought at that moment. He walked out of the classroom trying to get rid of them but he suddenly stopped by its door. Next to the door was a timetable in a small frame which listed all the groups and subjects which were taught in this classroom on each day. Kihyun noticed that after their copyright class Changkyun's group had the history of culture in the same room. Suddenly he got a brilliant idea. Maybe that won't change anything but he had to try at least. He sat on the bench outside the classroom. He tore a page out of his notebook and started to write. Just when he finished he noticed that a lady with a pile of books and a mug tired to open the door of the classroom so he quickly got up and offered her help. When they entered the room he put her books on the teacher's desk and cleared his throat nervously.

"Are you Mrs MacDougall?" - he asked shyly trying to recall the history of culture teacher's name.

She stared at him surprised.

"Yes." - she replied - "I'm sorry, but I only speak English." - she added quickly in that language.

She had a very strong accent he had never heard before. Judging by her surname he believed that she probably was Scottish and he got even more nervous since his English was poor. He bit his lips hoping that she would understand him.

"I w-want to give this..." - he stuttered showing the folded piece of paper he had torn out of his notebook to her - "to someone you teach."

"Excuse me?" - she asked frowning.

"I want to give this letter to one of your students." - he repeated - "To Im Changkyun." - he added thinking that maybe this time she would understand.

"Oh, to Im Changkyun? Yes, I do teach him. All right, I can do it." - she replied quickly and Kihyun had to focus very hard - "What's your name?" - she asked.

"Oh, no, no, no." - he said frantically shaking his head - "Pleas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter