Nothing is as I thought

You're Getting on My Nerves, Maestro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day Kihyun felt very calm. It was a chilly October morning and he enjoyed watching the sunrise over the leafless trees as he drove to school. He was hoping that maybe this week he will spend less time at school because the annoying freshman didn't show up at the orchestra rehearsal the day before. He didn't have any contact with him so he decided to ask one of the teachers. He parked his car and entered the building when he stumbled across a group of chatty girls who were occupying the whole width of the hall.

"Excuse me!" - he said loudly when his eyes met with a girl with wavy brown hair.

Oh, no. It was Dasom. He didn't want to talk with her. He hoped that she won't walk up to him but she did anyway.

"Hi." - he murmured awkwardly – "How are you?"

"Fine." - she replied looking almost equally awkward as him.

He stood in silence for a few seconds and Dasom looked as if she wanted to say something really bad but she was afraid to start.

"Your mum called me last Saturday." - he decided to break the silence first – "Again."

"Yes, I know. She told me about that. Kihyun, I was thinking. Maybe we should give each other a second chance?" - she asked hopefully.

The boy stared at her in shock. He thought that they were over that phase. They broke in July.

"No way." - he said finally after he was able to gather his thoughts – "Your mum not only called me but also my parents to beg them to convince us to come back to each other."

Dasom gaped .

"That's impossible. She wouldn't do that!" - she exclaimed.

"But she did." - he stated sadly.

Dasom's mother was a pain in the neck. She was calling them every time they went out somewhere together as if they were 15 and not almost 22. She somehow found contacts to all of his family members and when Kihyun and Dasom weren't picking up she called someone else. She was asking them awkward questions and on top of that Dasom's parents took into their heads that they will get married next summer. They even started to map the wedding out with Kihyun's parents but they just thought that the girl's parents were crazy. They understood that the youths might not want to tie the knot so quickly. They broke only because of the girl's mother.

"I'm so sorry, Dasom. That's not possible. We can't start dating again only because of your parents' pressure." - he said feeling terrible for disappointing the girl – "But you know that your mum won't change even if you begged her to let us have some space."

The girl nodded sadly and came back to her friends. He knew that she still had feelings for him but he didn't want to experience all of that again. Besides that, he knew what was the cause for the girl's mother to act like that. She wanted so badly for the youths to get married because they were the two most talented people in the whole university. Maybe even in the whole country. He was a pianist and she was the 1st violin and they had a promising future. The mother believed that they would have equally talented children.

 

Kihyun went down the hallway to sit on one of the benches which were down there. He wanted to check Changkyun's timetable to find out who was the teacher he had most classes with. He thought that maybe one of the teachers would know why the guy was absent. He checked the University's website and he quickly found the drums and percussion major's timetable. It turned out that they had their one-to-one percussion classes with professor Boham who had his office hours every Wednesday 12 pm to 1 pm what fitted perfectly because he had a free period at that hour. He decided that he'll ask the teacher later that day. Wednesdays were always very quiet for Kihyun because he had no classes with his friends on that day. He had classes connected to only his major and most of them were lectures. He sighed and looked around the almost empty corridor. It was one of the very few times when he missed his noisy friends. Judging by how empty the school was it seemed that most of the students didn't start their classes so early. Well, but he had to move his and go to a lecture about piano teaching methodology. How fascinating. When it had finished he left the lecture yawning and with whole 8 pages of notes. Then he practised his second instrument, the organ. Maybe playing at church wasn't his biggest dream but he had to choose something else besides the piano and the organ sometimes appeared in some older classical pieces as well. Besides that, it was also kind of cool to sit with just the teacher in the biggest concert hall which looked very presentable with all the chandeliers and marbles. He also learned how to play the accordion but he was interested in that even less, however, those were the three instruments his faculty dealt with. The piano was the most precious for him anyway and that was what he saw in his future. When he finished those two classes he had an hour and a half long free period but he started it at 11:30 and Mr Boham, or whatever was his name, started his office hours a bit later so he decided to look for his friends. He went into the cafeteria and he saw Hyungwon with Jooheon. There was also Kim Yoosu, one of their classmates. Kihyun frowned. Yoosu was one of the people who were on his longish list of disliked people. However, he was feeling very lonely that day so he decided that he has to somehow endure that and sit down with them.

"Hi." - he said casually when he approached them and the three boys looked at him and replied – "Where is Minhyuk?" - he asked sitting next to them.

The blonde was so noisy that his absence was impossible not to notice. He didn't miss his high-pitched screeches though.

"Oh, Minhyuk?" - parroted Jooheon with thoughtful expression – "He's with Gunhee, they have brass band rehearsal right now. Their Wednesdays are quite packed. Gunhee is complaining about that all the time. He said that he's envious of all the free periods we have." - he explained very quickly and Kihyun had to try very hard to understand what he was saying.

"I'd prefer to go home earlier rather than have a free period." - stated Hyungwon looking terribly tired – "But I won't get home early because I and Minhyuk have to finally start to deal with the duo project." - he mumbled.

Kim Yoosu sneered.

"You didn't even start?!" - he exclaimed with disbelief – "I and my partner have almost finished. I'm sure that we'll be the best." - he added with a smug smile – "My grandpa gave us access to the practice rooms in the basement."

Jooheon and Hyungwon stared at him, clearly impressed. Kihyun felt the familiar throbbing pain in his head. Not without reason, he disliked Yoosu. He was the headmaster's grandson and he was doing everything to remind about that every 10 seconds.

"Oh, really? As it so happens, that I also have an access to those practice rooms." - he said with a smirk.

His two friends gasped but Yoosu clicked his tongue looking already annoyed.

"You're not the only one so stop acting like the headmaster's pet." - added Kihyun to slap him down.

"He's my grandpa!" - exclaimed Yoosu.

"Kihyun, who are you working with?" - Jooheon jumped in to prevent them from arguing.

The black-haired boy gulped. He totally forgot to tell them about it and they apparently haven't noticed that they left him alone that day.

"Er..." - he stammered – "Do you remember the ginger freshman?"

Hyungwon frowned looking as if he was trying to recall something very hard but Jooheon jumped on his seat giving a clear sign that he did know who Kihyun was talking about.

"Changkyun?!" - he exclaimed – "The one who you instantly disliked because he made one little mistake on the first rehearsal?" - he added whispering but everyone heard that anyway.

"One little mistake!" - he repeated looking offended but he was cut off by Yoosu.

"Hi, Dasom!" - he yelled so loudly that the whole cafeteria went quiet and the girl waved to him timidly because everyone was looking at her.

Kihyun had to try very hard not to facepalm himself. He promised himself that he would never sit next to Yoosu again.

"Don't you think that she's hot?" - whispered the headmaster's grandson when the girl sat at the opposite side of the room.

Suddenly Jooheon and Hyungwon started to shake their heads in panic.

"Yoosu, no!" - said Kihyun's blonde friend reproachfully – "She's Kihyun's ex!"

"Oh, I think, I have to go... I'll start my rehearsal in 15 minutes." - the boy quickly backed out when he noticed that the brunette glared at him.

When he disappeared behind the cafeteria's door Kihyun could breathe again. His two friends were staring at him worriedly.

"Well, it's not like I still have feelings for her because I don't but how can this jerk be so rude when I'm here!" - he exclaimed – "I bet he knows!"

Jooheon and Hyungwon nodded their heads frantically. They remembered how much Kihyun and Dasom were affected by the breakup at first. Suddenly Kihyun glanced at the clock which was hanging in the room.

"I almost forgot that I have to go somewhere at 12 o'clock!" - he exclaimed and rushed out of the room because it was 12:10 already.

He was afraid that he might not get there on time. If the teacher was very strict he might have a lot of students coming to him. And on top of that, the building of their university was a literal maze. It wasn't easy to find a classroom you've never been to. Whoever built it clearly must have been high. The numbering made no sense and there were many corridors with a dead end. Kihyun checked the building's blueprint so he more or less knew where the professor's office was but he could never be sure. Eventually, it took him almost 20 minutes to find it. Fortunately, there was no queue at the office so he knocked.

"Come in!" - he heard from the other side of the door so he entered.

The teacher sat behind his desk and he was doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter