Hope

The Girl that Fell Out of the Sky

Eunji let's out a loud sigh as she finished talking on the phone with one of the jobs she applied for. 

"I hope that loud sigh was a good one." said Bomi as she entered the living room and sat next to Eunji who was on the couch. 

"Unfourntunately no..."

Bomi nodded in response and laid a hand on Eunji for comfort. Eunji scatches her head in confusion. It has been about a week since she has been releasaed from the hospital. And within that week she has been recovering smoothly, especially with Nurse Park coming over to help. Well actually, it's been Chorong-unnie since their encounter at the hospital. Eunji was surprised on how close she and the older girl have gotten within the week. Not that Eunji was complaining though. Eunji picks up her phone again as she felt it vibrate. 

Nurse unnie: Hey what time should I come over?  I got something to tell you :)

Eunji's face turns slightly red, and she quickly replies knowing that Chorong was on her break. 

Eunji: After work is fine...ooo what do you have tell me? 

Nurse unnie: You'll see...see you later ;)

Eunji gulped and put her phone away. 

"Something the matter?" asked Bomi, noticing Eunji's slightly red face now. Lowkey smirking on the inside. She knew that her best friend had a little crush on the nurse, but didn't know to what extent. 

"Huh? Nothing...uh Chorong-unnie is coming over." replied Eunji, going into the kitchen avoid Bomi seeing her face turn even more red. 

"Chorong-unnie huh? You know it took me like a month or two to get that close to Chorong-unnie. Is she coming over to check on your wounds?" 

"No, she didn't say actually." Eunji returns to Bomi, who was still on couch, and placed a two beers on the table. 

"Oh? She didn't say? I wonder..."

"What?" 

"Nothing! Oh thanks for the beer!" 

Eunji left their conversation at that. Not wanting to continue on Bomi's teasing. 

Hours later, Eunji was left alone and nervously waiting. Bomi had a left a few minutes ago to go "bother the kids" meaning Hayoung and Namjoo. 

She looked at her phone again to read the text Chorong had sent her earlier. 

Nurse unnie: Be there in 10

It has been already 10 minutes, and Eunji's mind started to wonder around.

"Maybe she got lost," Eunji thought to herself, "No that's not it...pabo Eunji." Just then a knock came from the front door.

Eunji bolted up and did a fast walk to door. She had her hand the door knob but stopped herself. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves before letting in the aubrun-haired nurse. 

"Eunji-ah! Sorry I took long," Chorong apologized, "I stopped by the convience store at the corner to by some snacks for you. I know Bomi has been eating all of the snacks these days." 

"Oh thank you unnie, you didn't have to." Eunji took the bag of snacks from Chorong and placed it on the kitchen table. She then grabbed a glass of water and handed it over to the older woman. 

"Thank you!" Chorong made her way to the living and sat on the couch. She patted the space beside her, signalling Eunji to come. 

"How are your injuries? Nothing opening up, correct?" asked Chorong. 

Eunji nodded, "Thanks to you unnie, my recovery was quick!" 

"I'm glad." Chorong replied with a smile, "How's the job search?" Eunji's face hung slightly low at the question. 

"It's...hard..." Eunji confessed, letting out a heavy sigh, "I guess no one wants to hire an old, washed up ex-trainee." 

"What you were a trainee!?" 

"Huh? Yeah, before I moved in with Bomi, back in my hometown I was on my way to stardom."

Chorong knew where this conversation was about to turn to. She still did not forget Eunji's first night home from the hospital and when she asked why Eunji was here in Seoul. She did not forget the way Eunji's bright face turned dark. She did not forget the way Eunji immediately shut her out. After that incident she asked Bomi why Eunji moved to Seoul, but Bomi refused to spill her best friend's past, which of course Chorong respected Bomi's loyalty to Eunji. Ever since then she has been trying to get closer to the mysterious girl from Busan. She came over every day for about a week in order to get closer. In a way, Eunji did open up to her more. She told Chorong about when she and Bomi were in school together always getting in trouble. She would also talk about the people in Busan, about a grandmother that owned a small food stand near the town centre, and gave Eunji some tteokbokki as payment for Eunji helping the grandmother out. Eunji would always talk about every other thing there is to talk about except for one thing. Her family. Chorong had the notion that Eunji just had an awful relationship with them so that was the reason why they were not mentioned at all, but Chorong had the feeling that there was a totally different reason. 

Chorong snapped out from her thoughts and took a deep breath, "What happend?" she asked. She held her breath because a part of her didn't want ask that question, but a part of her also does not regret it. 

Eunji broke her gaze with Chorong and shifted a bit in her seat. Chorong prepared herself for whatever answer Eunji was going to give her. 

"I..." Eunji began, "I...I would like to tell you that story some other time unnie. I'm sorry." 

Chorong let her shoulders relax and quietly let out the breath she was holding in. 

"Progress." she thought to herself. 

"Anyways! Eunji-ah I have great news for you!" exclaimed Chorong, changing to atmosphere quickly. 

"What is it unnie? Don't tell me I have to go back to the hospital again." groaned Eunji.

"What? No? What are you talking about? You said you were feeling fine silly."

"Oh...then what is it?" 

Chorong gave a long pause for a dramatic effect, "How would you like to be the new singer at Naeun's bar?" 

Eunji's eyes widen, "Wait what..." she didn't believe what she was hearing.

"Be the night singer at Naeun's bar!" Chorong repeated, she was slightly amused by the confused face Eunji was giving her currently.

"How..."

"Well to be honest you scared off the previous one," Eunji was taken aback by Chorong's statement.

"What do you mean?"

"Well the day after you got out of the hospital, the current, now ex, night singer quit!" explained Chorong, "she said something along the lines of "my safety is at stake" and "I never liked working at this dump anyways" and then walked out." 

"No way..." 

"Yes way! And I happened to be there to hear the whole scene so volunteered you before Naeun could ask around. We've just been waiting for you to recover completely so that we could ask."

Eunji couldn't believe what she was hearing right now. A job, as a singer no less! She felt hopeful. She felt warm. 

"I'm sorry I did not asked you beforehand. I wasn't sure if you sang or not but Bomi mentioned you looking for a job and that you sang so I was like why not." Chorong said shyly. 

Eunji took Chorong's hands into her own and looked at the older in eyes, "Thank you unnie...thank you so much." 

"Hey it's not prob-" Chorong was cut off when Eunji quickly pulled her into a tight hug. She could hear Eunji whisper "thank you" a couple more times into her ears. Chorong hugged the younger back, not wanting to let her go for some reason. Chorong could also feel her heartbeat quicken. This was a new feeling to Chorong, that she has yet to understand, but she decided to figure out after.

(A/N): 

Hi everyone! Sorry for the VERY late and SLOW updates. If you haven't seen my recent post on my feed, I've been very busy with school. Particularly stuDYING for my finals which is coming up next week, so my goal was to avoid any and all social media. But today I just kept getting distracted and my mind wouldn't focus so I decided to relax a bit and finish the chapter before I go off the grid for the next couple days. I hope this story is making sense in a way because I feel like I kinda deviated a bit from my original plot mentioned in the foreword, maybe not. I haven't been going over and making sure eveything is edited correctly. Maybe when I have more time I will. But thank you for sticking with this story, please look forward to the next update. Till next time :)

PS: I miss Apink so much these days 3