First Night

The Girl that Fell Out of the Sky

Jung Eunji collected her luggage and made her way towards the train's exit. Her hair was messy from trying to find a good seating position during the train ride, and her eyes looked tired...very tired. It has only been a week after her family's accident. During that week she had to tell her family goodbye, and wondered the streets of her hometown looking for a place to actually call home. She did not know how but her long time best friend Bomi called her two days ago, giving her condolences and offering something Eunji needed. A home. 

The doors of the train opened and Eunji navigates her way towards the main entrance/exit. She feels a vibration in her pocket and takes out her phone. Its Bomi. 

"Eunjiii-ahhh I see you!" yelled Bomi from the other end. Eunji smiled at her friend's antics.

"Bom-ah where are you? You see me but I don't see you. Did you get shorter or something?" joked Eunji, hearing a whined from Bomi's end. 

"Just cross the street meanie. I'll meet you at the end of the crosswalk!" then Bomi hung up. 

As Eunji walked toward the crosswalk, she saw a very excited young female with a bob-cut haircut. 

"Eunji-ah~ I've missed you!" cried Bomi, pulling Eunji into a tight embrace as soon as she reached her side. Eunji hugged Bomi back, and heard the other girl start to sniffle in her shoulder. 

"Yah Bom-ah let's go, people are starting to stare" whispered Eunji, rubbing Bomi's back at the same time looking at the people around, assuring them that they were okay. 

"But Eunji-ahhhh~" Bomi cried softly again into Eunji's shoulder. Eunji lets out a sigh, and makes Bomi face her. 

"Bomi...let's go okay." Eunji smiles and wipes Bomi's fallen tears. Bomi smacks her cheeks together and clears . Eunji let's a small laugh and puts her arm around her same age friend as they went towards Bomi's car. 

As Bomi drove to a typical sized apartment complex you would find in Seoul. Bomi helps Eunji with her thinks and leads her towards her apartment. 

"Make yourself at home! Well this is your home now." said Bomi as she opened the door to the apartment. It had a simple set up, there was a couch and a TV in the living room. She had a good-sized kitchen with a medium sized fridge. A bathroom that lead into two bedrooms. 

"Wow Bom-ah you really have a nice place here." Eunji said in awe, making her way towards the couch. Bomi comes out of the kitchen with a bottle of soju and two shot glasses.

"I was only able to get this place because of my job. Without it, I would of never step foot in this place." Bomi poured the soju into the glasses and handed one to Eunji.

"To a new start." said Bomi holding her glass in the air for a toast. 

"To a what?" asked Eunji. Bomi put down both her and Eunji's glasses, and took Eunji's hands into her own.

"A new start Eunji-ah," Bomi sighed, "look...I don't know what's been going on in your mind since the whole...accident," Eunji flinches at the word, "but I want to help you start again. To try."

"Bom-ah..."

"Please Eunji-ah...your family wouldn't want you to stop your dreams of becoming a singer." Eunji lets out a sigh and holds her glass up.

"To a new start..." she said, toasting with Bomi. For some reason those words tasted bittersweet when she said it but Eunji saw that Bomi was trying to help her. 

"Alright tomorrow we'll start job hunting!" 

(A/N):

Hello! And welcome to my new fic! I was going to try to wait till I had an actual break from school to start another fic but I needed to get this one out. With that being said...I will try to update when I can. I cannot guarantee that this will be updated on a weekly basis due to the busy-ness of school and work. Most likely this will have more chapters but the chapter will range from short to medium length depending on how much I get done. Anyways please show support to this fic! Thank you so much!