Chapter 33

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The movement of the couch touching his back, along with the slight screeching sound between furniture and the floor shocked the alpha from his slumber. The sudden realization that his mate was still asleep in his arms, and the fact that somebody was on the couch, watching them stiffened him who was currently wishing for death.

 

.

 

There was no sound other than some munching which bothered him. Mingyu still couldn’t let go of Wonwoo, wanting to pretend to still be asleep, at least, until the person behind them was gone but that person was eating so that would be a few more minute to an hour, depending on what their intention was. ‘I thought appa told you to not touch Wonu-hyung.’

 

. This guy knew he was awake. And who was he anyway? Hyung? So that means Wonwoo’s brother?

 

Turning around slowly, he almost flinched when he saw the disinterested poker face which looked a lot like the guy sleeping beside him, only a bit wider with a slight difference in some places. The man was still chomping on his cereal as he stared at Mingyu, not even care that he was basically disturbing the private time of the couple. ‘Who are you?’

 

‘I’m his brother. Duh.’

 

‘Owh.’ Mingyu didn’t know what more to say. Until yesterday night, there was only Seulgi. When the hell did this guy came here? And what the hell was his name?

 

‘Bohyuk.’ He answered and Mingyu nodded awkwardly, a bit creeped out that the man read his mind. Not to mention, he was still sitting on the sofa, not caring about them, and continued to eat his breakfast. ‘By the way, appa and eomma just went out for their morning stroll.’

 

Mingyu’s eyes widened.

 

‘You’re so dead.’ Bohyuk stated, smirking.

 

*****

 

‘I didn’t know there’s so many people here in the morning.’ Wonwoo finally stopped being bitter about being dragged out of the house so early in the morning with the excuse of exercising in the middle of winter, followed by breakfast when they could eat at home. After being forced to recommend a good place which served morning set, he could finally relax as they found a restaurant which is apparently famous for their really good breakfast, a few miles from home. Lucky.

 

Mingyu only nodded as he hungrily took a bit out of his American style breakfast, almost spitting out some to his mate if not for that sharp eyes warning him not to open his mouth while eating. Swallowing whole and drinking his coffee, he uttered, ‘Aren’t you glad I forced you out?’

 

Well, he only did it because he was afraid of what the parents might do to him once they were back, so he hoped that doing this might give them some time to cool off, and really, really wish that Bohyuk or Seulgi might do something wrong to distract them from what happened this morning. And he was betting for it to happen real soon, before they had to go back home.

 

Staring at Wonwoo biting on his eggs really elegantly with his mouth closed, his slim fingers gracefully cutting through, again Mingyu had to hold back his tongue to not comment on how pretty the omega looked while eating. Because, eventhough it was sunny-side, eggs.

 

‘I’ll go pay first.’ Mingyu got up, earning a nod from his partner. Heading towards the cashier, he almost cursed at the line, mostly because of the scents of the omegas queuing before him. He still didn’t like them. He realized Wonwoo was an exception, which he initially thought was because the man was his mate. It came as a quite a shock to him the moment he noticed he didn’t actually mind the omega’s family as well. So now, he concluded that what happened to him all this while was actually the bond changing him. By causing this kind of reaction towards other omegas except family. Granted, he was never fond of Asian omegas to begin with, but that was another story. He bet he would now feel as disgusted with the European omegas too. He was sure of it.

 

 

‘Yah, Wonu! Is that you?’ Wonwoo almost jumped as he heard a voice calling him from behind when he was finishing up at the urinal. Realizing it was an alpha, he instinctively hid his scent and pulled up his pants, almost running away before remembering he was already mated. Turning his head towards the man, Wonwoo let out a sigh when he identified the man - his ex-classmate, one of his close friends in high school. It was weird, how he never noticed this scent before, this strong and dominating scent of an alpha when they were always together all three years of high school. It made him realized how much his world had changed. Back when he was a beta, everyone was the same to him, be it alphas or omegas. They were just people. Now, as he was standing here, as an omega, he felt a bit intimidated just being in a room with his friend who he used to joke around with.

 

‘Youngjae!’ He pretended to be delighted, his palms already started to sweat. There was this contradicting feeling, happiness of meeting his close friend, and fear of being in the presence of a strong alpha. He wanted to hug the man like they always do, their fond memories together too precious to be thrown, but at the same time his legs wanted to run away, terrified of the fact that he was trapped with the kind that violated him. Forcing an awkward smile, he showed his hands and said, ‘I’d hug you if I could but…’

 

‘Eww. No thanks man.’ Thank god. Laughing it off, he was at loss, wishing Youngjae would just go away. He wanted to talk more, also missing his friend but more than that, he was fighting off his panic attack which was getting harder to control as Youngjae kept getting closer out of excitement. ‘How long are you here? Is Jun here too?’ Youngjae asked, enthusiastically. ‘Daniel’s back too! We should hang out together!’

 

Owh . Another alpha. Not that he mentioned it, Wonwoo’s group was made out of three alphas and two betas - him and Jun. With his hands trying hard not to squeeze on his sweater, still dirty, he realized his mouth was starting to vibrate and his head was starting to feel light. He knew if he stayed here, stuttering and giving out his fear was the least of his concern. Walking straight towards the sink, he washed his hands and casually splashed himself with water, shocking his friend from the loud gasp. Realizing what he just did, Wonwoo turned towards Youngjae, trying to act cool. ‘I, uh, have things to do at the university. Won’t be here, uh, that l-long.’

 

‘You okay?’ Wonwoo flinched as Youngjae’s hand touched his shoulder. ‘Wonu, you’re pale…’

 

‘G-gastric.’ He lied and thanked god his friend was aware of his old condition enough to believe it to leave him alone after he mentioned he had taken his medicine. Pretending to walk towards the cubicle, he waved a weak goodbye to his friend who promised to contact him to hang out. Locking the door, Wonwoo sat on the floor, not caring that it was dirty, and started to breath slowly. It didn’t work, his chest tightened, so did his esophagus and before he realized it, he threw up.

 

*****

 

‘Hey, are you waiting for someone?’ Mingyu tried to ignore the two female omegas, obviously here after their wild night, who thought it was a nice idea to surround him. Wonwoo still hadn’t got out of the toilet, and he was getting really annoyed with the attention he was getting. Other omegas staring at him with interest were irking him enough as it was, for these two bold ones to have the guts to talk to him in their state was just, pissing him off. He didn’t want to get angry or throw tantrums, afraid that it might spoil his image in front of his mate, but more than that, he was trying to let go of his hatred but things are easier said and thought than done.

 

‘I have a mate.’ He replied coldly, still eyeing the entrance to the toilet. He heard them laughing, as if he just told a really good joke. Trying hard not to shove the girl who had her hand on his shoulder, trying to flirt, he clenched his jaws. ‘Are you playing hard to get? I kinda like mated alphas.’

 

Urgh. There was really nothing y about that at all. Disgusting, even. As a noble, this kind of bold attempt to sleep with him was normal but usually, people knew better than to do it in front of a family restaurant or even out in the open. There is a time and place for this kind of things and now was not it. That being said, there was something else that had been bothering him. The fact that he was not protected against these filthy omegas. This was his first time letting his guard down with his pheromones, wanting to enjoy his time with his omega so this really came as a shock to him. His sisters were no longer pursued once they bonded but that didn’t happen to him, apparently. Yes, he was well aware that Wonwoo’s scent was not lingering on him, but wasn’t his body suppose to change or something to keep others away too? Since he felt the change, the distaste towards their kind, they should fell the same towards him too. Right?

 

‘Your partner a beta?’ Another asked, interrupting his thought. Mingyu clicked his tongue and pushed the hand trying to play with his hair. He really wanted to scare these worthless piece of s who have no sense of privacy. He could do it. ‘…but you don’t have a ring… Omo.’

 

‘I like playing catch.’ The one on his left whispered an Mingyu finally had it. He said he had a mate, that should be the end of it. What the is wrong with them??!

 

‘ing leave me alone!’ He growled at them, intensifying his pheromones to intimidate them. Glaring at the two who cowered and shrunk at his command, he almost brought up his hand to hit them before sensing his mate getting closer. Shocking himself at his own action, Mingyu made a fist. He was a bit taken aback when Wonwoo suddenly came straight towards him, bumping hard with the girls, and hugged him, ignoring the others. Mingyu was expecting a drama starting, the females omegas seemed like the y kind but none of that happened. In fact, the look on their faces was as if they were just broken out of a trance; they no longer found him attractive. Though he was relieved that happened, it was a bit unnerving, how it did. Somehow, his instinct told him it was not because of his earlier burst.

 

‘What’s wrong?’ Feeling the hug getting tighter, Mingyu finally looked down at Wonwoo. The man who never want to show their affection in public was holding him tight, it was confusing.

 

‘I wanna go home.’

 

*****

 

Mingyu squeezed Wonwoo’s hand as they entered th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter