Chapter 14

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu stared at the scene displayed in front of him. Wonwoo asleep two rows front, head against the window and beside him, Jun slowly bringing his head onto his right shoulder. This was annoying him so much he just wanted to pull Jun away from the seat. Wonwoo was comfortably sleeping, how dare that Chinese dude touch him like that. Wonwoo probably didn’t want to sleep on his shoulder either.

 

He suddenly felt a weight on his own and looked to see the guy beside him sleeping too. In fact, almost everyone was sleeping in the bus. Which was expected given they had to take the bus at 4 am. Mingyu grumbled and tried to close his own eyes, shifting frequently to find a good position to sleep. If not for those two being late causing Mingyu to sit at the very back to spy on them, he would have chosen the seat at the aisle so he can stretch his legs. This was very annoying.

 

‘We’re going to stop here for about half an hour. There won’t be another stop until we arrive so you should probably have your breakfast now.’ the club leader announced once they reached a rest stop and everyone got up, rubbing their eyes while walking out the bus. Jun waited for a while before gently waking Wonwoo who had his earphones on but the man refused to abide and continued sleeping, hiding his face from the light. ‘Fine, sleep. I’ll buy you something to eat.’

 

Mingyu stood up on cue and ran out of the bus. He knew what that meant. No Jun and the others for at least fifteen minutes so this was his chance. To feed Jeon Wonwoo, and change his seat.

 

Arriving at the convenient store, he grabbed some bread, some rice balls, some fried food, juices, coffee, and milk. Because Wonwoo needs fat. He almost jumped with excitement when he saw Jun still waiting for his food with the others. Looking at his watch, he ran back as fast as he could.

 

Wonwoo was still sleeping. His face was a bit distorted, maybe from the light. Mingyu wanted to just look at that beautiful face but that would not do because the man really need to eat. At the same time, Mingyu was also reluctant to be the one who wakes him up.

 

‘Huh? What?’ Wonwoo jolted up when he felt something thrown onto his lap. It was a plastic bag filled with breads and other food. ‘What? Ju- Mingyu-sshi? What’s this?’

 

‘Food. And drinks.’ He shoved another plastic bag at the confused man and took a seat right beside him.

 

‘This is a lot. I’m not that hungry.’

 

‘For later then.’

 

‘Urmm… Did Jun ask-’

 

‘Just eat the food. Here. You like hot dogs?’ Mingyu shoved a piece towards Wonwoo and smiled as the man opened his mouth. Just then, he realized how that looked and turned towards the plastic to grab some other things inside. ‘Milk? Coffee?’

 

‘What else is there?’ Wonwoo tried to peek but Mingyu already took out the milk and shove it into his hand. ‘Wait, this is too sudden. Let’s eat slowly.’

 

‘Owh. Okay. You want rice?’ He already passed him the rice ball before the other could refuse.

 

‘Stop shoving food at me! I’m still eating!’

 

‘Sorry. You look like you needed energy.’

 

‘I’m just sleepy.’

 

‘My point.’ Mingyu stared at him nervously and smiled when he saw that small smirk on Wonwoo. That was an achievement for him. He had made it his goal to make Wonwoo laugh with his nose crinkle on this hiking trip so a small smirk was a stepping stone. ‘I’m sleeping. Wake me up when we arrive.’

 

‘You should at least help me finish all of these.’ He heard Wonwoo complained and pretended to already be asleep. ‘Yah, aren’t you gonna wake up?’

 

‘That’s all yours.’ He replied without opening his eyes. Wonwoo was saying something again but he refused to listen. The sound of his voice though, he loved to hear.

 

‘That’s not your seat. Jun’s gonna be here…’

 

‘It’s mine now. My legs hurt sitting back there.’

 

‘Yaah, Mingyu-sshi. This is Jun’s-’

 

‘Wonu? I bought you somethi- Owh…’ Mingyu turned his face towards Wonwoo and continued his act. He heard Jun talking to Wonwoo about something but since nobody woke him up, he reckoned they let him be.

 

*****

 

Mingyu glared at the scene in front of him. Ever since they left the bus, Jun had been sticking with Wonwoo like a glue and it pissed him off, even more than when they were on the bus. He was not even that funny yet Wonwoo was laughing at that lame jokes like there was no tomorrow.

 

‘Mingyu-sshi, do you mind watching the end of the line? I need to give something to Wonho-hyung.’ One of the seniors asked before he almost ran up the steep slope. Mingyu sighed and hiked down, waiting for the last of the members to pass. He regretted telling them he was an experienced hiker to secure his place on the trip, because they made him one of the coordinators for the trip since they were short of hands.

 

At least he was not as mad when he did not see both the betas basically flirting with each other. The problem now was him getting uneasy instead because he couldn’t see what they were doing. And unfortunately for him, Minhyuk did not return to his spot until they reach the camp site, which was almost three hours later.

 

*****

 

Wonwoo looked around the camp site, trying to choose the best place for their tent. He used to prefer the one nearest to the center, after the girls’ tent that is, but now he just wanted the one furthest, from everyone if he could. Sleeping in a tent surrounded by alphas did not sound that tempting to him, albeit other people would think otherwise. If not for Jun agreeing to stick with him 24/7, he would have been in his room back at the campus, just sleeping or reading away his holiday, avoiding being in the presence of any alphas.

 

‘Wonu, I’m going for patrol. See you in a bit.’ Jun tapped him and waved before disappearing with the others. They were separated in groups for different duties, Jun surveying the area and finding small animals for food, while he was in charge of collecting fire woods, which he will do after finish setting up the tent.

 

‘Mind if I set mine here?’ Wonwoo turned around to see Mingyu, with that stupid grin of his. This guy seemed like the type to do whatever he likes regardless of the situation and it kind of irked him a bit. Whats more with the fact that he was still trying to make friends with Wonwoo even after seeing his pathetic state. It made Wonwoo uncomfortable.

 

‘Sure.’ At least he was another beta.

 

‘What’re you in charge of?’

 

‘Fire woods. You?’

 

‘Cooking.’ Wonwoo almost laughed. For some reason, his last two encounters with the guy had Mingyu offering him something. It was cola the first time, and lots of food this morning. Now, the guy would cook for the whole member. ‘Why’re you laughing. Do I look like I can’t cook?’

 

‘No. You keep reminding me of food.’ Wonwoo secured the rope around the tent and checked around to see if he missed anything.

 

‘That’s good. I’ll make sure you eat a lot.’ He looked at Mingyu curiously, but the man only winked at him, much to his amusement.

 

‘You keep telling me to eat.’

 

‘You just look tiny.’

 

‘I’m taller than most people.’

 

‘Shorter than me though.’ Wonwoo smirked at that playful arrogance. Two can play that game.

 

‘Tall, dark and handsome…’ He started, and as he expected, Mingyu blushed as if he knew Wonwoo was talking about him, ‘… just the type I hate.’

 

Wonwoo smiled in triumph as he successfully wiped the smug of that face. His jokes are harsh but that was just how he play. And his close friends knew it. Sensitive people are too tiring to be friends with so this was basically his way of filtering people.

 

‘Looks like we have another thing in common.’ Mingyu crouched beside him, too close for comfort. ‘I prefer pale, beautiful people shorter than me too.’

 

Wonwoo stared at the dark haired man for a few moment before standing up and shoving his and Jun’s bags inside the tent. ‘You’re sharing a tent with someone?’

 

‘This is obviously too big for just one person right?’ He smiled before closing the tent and taking his leave to do his duty.

 

*****

 

Mingyu glowered at the scene in front of him. He was already in a bad mood because not only Wonwoo did not take a dip in the river with the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter