Chapter 26

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Tsk.’ Mingyu threw his phone on the bed and crashed his body down. Wonwoo was acting up again during the break and wouldn’t answer his call nor reply to his messages. There was really no use of them exchanging phone numbers in the first place when all Wonwoo did was replying his messages for the first week they were apart, then ignored him the rest of the summer.

 

He had to admit, the omega had a knack of leaving him hanging.

 

And he was not even mad. Not anymore. He was, at first, then it just turn into longing.

 

Now he was back to being a desperate puppy.

 

No, he was not mad. He was frustrated. He got so desperate he checked his phone every other minute that he couldn’t focus on doing anything last month. It got worse when he saw other couples out there; he became ually frustrated because he couldn’t touch Wonwoo nor hear his voice. Then he started to wake up with a hard-on every morning.

 

He was back to the first time he met Wonwoo at the lake. How the hell did he went backward? He really had no idea.

 

Mingyu got up and took out the matching band shirts he got from a friend. Wonwoo told him about his favourite artist back at his apartment whom Mingyu also happened to like, and as one of his attempts to get the pale guy to pay attention to him was spamming him with the shirts he bought with no success. Sighing, he placed the shirts back into his bag and took out the matching sunglasses he got just because. No, he was not one of the cheesy guys who likes to wear matching outfits with their significant other. Hell no. He just had so much free time he went on a shopping spree. And buying stuff for other people was way more fun than buying things for himself. Fortunately his grandmother found about it early or Mingyu would have gone crazy and bought them airplane tickets to Greece.

 

Wonwoo drives him crazy. He was damn good at it.

 

Don’t come near Wonwoo again.

 

‘ARGHH!’ Mingyu threw his shirts on the floor before he got worked up enough to tear them apart. Seriously. Somehow he couldn’t help but to think that the reason why Wonwoo would ignore him was because of his friends. The pack was just too influential over his life they were becoming a burden. If Mingyu could just pull Wonwoo away from them and keep him in his pocket, that would be really great.

 

Getting up to shower and cool his head off, he heard a knock on his door. Definitely not Seokmin because the man never knocks. Reluctant to open it, Mingyu dragged his feet as the knock got louder and angrier. ‘Kim Mingyu. I know you’re inside. Yah.’

 

The ? That was Jun’s voice. The guy sounded really angry and Mingyu just didn’t want to deal with his right now. He really didn’t want to see any of the omega’s friends before the man himself, because right now, they were the guys who were keeping Wonwoo away from him and that really pissed him off. He already got warnings from two, he didn’t need another one. Heck, he was already keeping his distance as told, albeit only because he couldn’t get in touch with the other.

 

‘Yah. Open up before I kick the damn door open.’ Tsk. Rude . Just like the rest of his friends. But then again, birds of a feather flock together. Not wanting to make a scene, Mingyu decided to give the man what he wanted. ‘What the hell yo-’

 

Thud!!

 

Mingyu moved his jaw around, trying to fix it back after the powerful punch. ‘The ?’ Jun gripped hard on his collar and pushed him inside the room, crashing him towards the wall, knocking a few books down from the shelf. Provoked and already irritated enough, Mingyu knuckled the beta’s left cheeks, forcing him back a few steps as blood flowed down his nose and broken lips. He wanted to continue so ing badly but he knew the guy wouldn’t be able to take it. He didn’t want to send someone to the hospital, especially not one of Wonwoo’s friends no matter how much he hated them. ‘What the hell you want?!’ He asked between hard breaths.

 

Without Uttering a word, Jun punched him in the gut, and Mingyu had to admit, it was one of the worst punch he ever received. Where the hell did that power came from? Hearing the door shut close, Mingyu held his stomach, coughing from the impact. He was elbowed on the back, sending him on his knees. Grabbing the leg launched towards him, he pulled the angry man down on the floor, not giving any anymore. just got real. A broken rib or two wouldn’t do it anymore. He want to disfigure the beta’s face.

 

Why the hell was he this worked up?? The alphas already warned him. No, even the alphas only warned him. Why did Jun went all this way to beat him? Didn’t they exchange information or something?

 

Owh.

 

He got it. Jun didn’t came here to ask Mingyu to stay away. No. He came here because Mingyu ed Wonwoo. He ed Jeon Wonwoo, the man’s ex.

 

‘What? Are you mad he chose me? Huh? That he’s mine??’ He climbed on top of the Chinese and lift his head up before crashing it to the floor. Owh, that felt good.

 

‘Shut up!’ A punch was thrown and it hit Mingyu’s nose. It hurt like hell but he still had the upper hand. Returning the favour twice, he tried to calm himself down after seeing the bloodied face, ‘You know what? You guys are crazy!! You, and your ing friends are a bunch of crazy heads.’

 

He felt something hard hit his head and pushed himself backward to lean on the bed. Jun did the same as he got up to catch his breath and leaned against the desk. He was holding a wooden chair. No wonder his head felt like breaking, his brain was buzzing from the force. Laughing through his nose, Mingyu took deep breaths and closed his eyes to focus on exterminating the pain. Something similar happened to him a few months back, just with something smaller, by someone weaker. ‘Yah. Do you guys always treat people outside your clique like ?’

 

Jun didn’t reply right away. He, too, was trying to recover. ‘No. Only rapists.’

 

Mingyu smirked, taken aback. Just because the crazy bastard couldn’t get into Wonwoo’s pants didn’t mean he had to use force just to get it. ‘? Yah, I didn’t have to him! He was the one who came onto me.’ Yeah. That’s right. He didn’t even have to do anything. Wonwoo was the one who begged him for it.

 

He was rewarded by Jun’s enraged face. As if the face couldn’t get any uglier than it already was, the man’s eyes were big, his frown deep, his nostrils large. Horrid. Utter disgusting. Mingyu was pleased to say the least. He won.

 

‘DON’T ING TALK BOUT HIM LIKE THAT YOU MOTHE-’

 

‘WHAT THE HELL??!’ Jun’s advance was halted by Seokmin who somehow managed to ran between them and pushed the beta away to a seating position. Both the brawlers were stunned by the alpha who looked at both of them back and forth, his face filled with horror. ‘You okay?’ He asked Mingyu first since he seemed like the worst of the two, and the victim, based on the whole situation. Earning a nod, he turned towards the other. ‘What happened?’

 

‘He’s mad I banged Wonwoo.’

 

‘Try saying that again!!’ Jun attempted to continue where he left but again, was stopped by Seokmin who held his shoulders a bit too tightly, making him hissed in pain. ‘Yah, stop! Both of you!!’

 

‘It was mutual. He told you that? How he begged me not to leave him during heat?’ Mingyu laughed, provoking the beta further. He was really enjoying the irritated and desperate look on that face. It was ridiculously stupid-looking. Seokmin turned to him and Mingyu froze. It was the first time he ever saw him that furious, ‘Mingyu, shut you-.’

 

‘That’s cus you marked him you bast-aAkhh!!’ Jun hissed again when he was shoved back by the other alpha. For a few minutes, nobody said a word. Jun, starting to feel the result of the alpha’s strong hits, Seokmin, monitoring both the crazy guys and Mingyu, trying to process what was thrown at him. Things were still tensed, both alphas shocked at the accuse, one obviously more than the other, but they were calm enough not to throw punches anymore.

 

‘What are you going about now? I didn’t mark him.’ Mingyu finally broke the silence, his voice shaking out of disbelief. Following his friend, Seomin added, ‘Jun. He’s not mated.’ He knew the beta was not convinced, his annoyed eyes and smirk revealing his thoughts - that Mingyu was making excuses. Someone needed to tell him the truth so the whole fight could end, and that someone was Seokmin. ‘Hey. You don’t know cus you’re a beta but Mingyu’s not mated. He’s not carrying Wonwoo’s scent.’

 

Again, Jun sneered, confusing both the alphas, ‘That’s cus this bastard marked him when he just turned! Wonu couldn’t handle the bond!’

 

‘Now you’re not making sense.’ ‘That’s not possible.’ Both of them replied at the same time.

 

‘Well then, why don’t you ask him if he smelled Wonwoo’s mate? Cus he’s bonded, since last year. And he still is.’ Mingyu eyes widened at the reveal, unable to hid his shock and obviously, the beta noticed.

 

Seokmin turned back to look at him, he too, startled. ‘Didn’t you-?’

 

‘You didn’t know right? This guy forced himself on Wonu and left him to die.’ Jun supported himself up to a standing position and glared down to Mingyu who couldn’t find any comeback. The latter was too baffled. That was too gruesome to be a mere fiction. He wouldn’t make that kind of story about his best friend. ‘Try touching him again and I’ll make sure he’s the last person you’ll ever get to touch.’

 

Mingyu locked his eyes on the outsider as he limped slowly towards the exit. Even after he was long gone, he kept staring at the door, his mind too shocked to accept reality, that is, if what Jun said was true. Not of the accuse, but of the fact that Wonwoo was mated. That Jeon Wonwoo belonged to another alpha. And that that alpha left him to die last year.

 

‘Tsk!’ He hissed as he felt pressure on his nose and bared his teeth to Seokmin, pushing his hand away from his face.

 

‘Yah. Just lemme check your face real quick.’

 

‘Urghh...’ Mingyu dragged himself up on the bed, his stomach hurt from the whack’s punch. His was thumping right now. Jun didn’t make any sense but it was messing with his mind. Glancing at the door, fully alert at the littlest sound, Mingyu groaned at Seokmin who was back with a first aid kit in his hand. Clenching his teeth to endure the pain as the other cleaned his wounds, Mingyu closed his eyes.

 

‘He’s mated? Did you bite him?’ Seokmin finally asked, unnervingly calm.

 

‘I ing bought him a protector cus I was afraid I’ll bite him. You think I’d do that to him? Really?’

 

Seokmin half-smiled at his pathetic-looking friend. The so-called noble beaten to a pulp by a weak beta. ‘Well, they said he is.’

 

‘Yeah. I heard.’

 

‘But you slept with him.’ Mingyu gulped and exhaled deeply. Yes, he did. And yes, he didn’t notice the bond because if he had, he would have stayed away. No, he didn’t even have to stay away because he wouldn’t find the omega appealing in the first place. Even if he was that crazy about Wonwoo, he would never sleep with someone else’s mate, even if he could. He was not that despicable. ‘Well one of us is lying then.’

 

‘I believe you.’ He heard his friend replied without giving it a thought and Mingyu felt relieved. ‘You were so careful approaching him. You’d never do that.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter