Chapter 17

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu threw his pencil and tear of the note, crumpling it. He pushed the books aside, messing his own desk. ‘What the hell is wrong with him? Tsk.’

 

He sat down on the floor with his legs straight, and brought one knee up to rest his elbow. Resting his head on the bed, he rubbed his temple to relax himself. He needed to calm down or he might have another anger burst, something he had frequently after knowing about his attempted kidnap. Bringing his forearm to rest on top of his closed eyes, he inhaled deeply before letting his limbs fall to his sides. He knew he went too fast that day, but to his defense, that was the longest he had to wait for someone to finally give him attention.

 

To this day, he still couldn’t comprehend why he was so desperate for the man. Why he was so captivated by those smooth skin and thick lower lip, and that deep voice. Why he couldn’t forget the man after meeting him just once. Why he tried so hard to get his attention. Why he didn’t mind not sleeping with the man when that was the only thing he ever wanted from another person all this while. Why he felt excited whenever he got close enough for their skin to touch even though he had touched so many people before.

 

And that static electricity he felt when their hands touched that day. That was a sign something was going on between them right? The chemical reaction between their bodies caused by love hormones. Or whatever the reason. It was definitely not one-sided. Wonwoo seemed to like him too, the man responded to his kisses, even tried to dominate it and yet, why the hell did he ran away after all that making out? What was with the man calling him an alpha bastard? What the hell did he ever do to Wonwoo? If anything, Mingyu was definitely far from being an alpha bastard. He was a noble for god sake. The best of the best.

 

‘ARGHH! JEON WONWOO WHAT THE ?!’ He screamed as he messed his hair violently. This was really stressing him up. The skinny guy had been avoiding him since that day, and it had been more than a week. More than a week of him trying to find the man, trying to explain himself. Eleven days of the man running away from him and stopped coming to his usual hang out places.

 

 

*****

 

Mingyu leaned against the seat of the shuttle bus, sighing as he thought about how he was going to confront Wonwoo today after class. This was getting ridiculous, both of them are adults, there was no need for a long fight when misunderstandings can be cleared by talking. Though, he had no idea how to ‘talk’.

 

Entering the lecture hall, he looked around to see both Wonwoo and Hansol still not present, which was not surprising considering how Wonwoo had been trying to avoid sitting with him by coming in right before the lecture started. Taking the seat near the aisle on the row nearest to the doors, and right in the middle, he took out his notes and started to play with his phone while waiting. If only they had exchanged numbers when they were still in good terms, Mingyu wouldn’t have to try so hard to merely talk to Wonwoo.

 

The class started and Mingyu avoided looking around too soon, not wanting his target to realize his intention. Right when the professor was in the middle of explaining something important, he swiftly looked around and spotted Wonwoo, looking paler than usual, three rows from the back, at the row near the windows. That was ideal, since he would be able to block Wonwoo from exiting the classroom without talking to him first. Satisfied with his plan, he turned his focus back to the lecture.

 

 

‘Wonwoo, wait.’ He called when the said man tried to go pass him through the door. Blocking Wonwoo’s path with his hand, he stepped in and the latter inched back, wanting space. Luckily for him, the dazed Wonwoo dropped his notes and asked Hansol to leave before him. So now there were only the two of them, minus their classmates who were disappearing from the room. ‘You can’t keep avoiding me.’

 

‘I’m busy right now.’ Wonwoo tried getting away, only to be blocked again. He stepped backwards, returning to his spot.

 

‘We should talk. You owe me an explanation.’ Mingyu frowned when the other scoffed at his statement, as if he said something stupid. Not letting that get to him, he continued, ‘You slapped me.’

 

‘You’re an alpha.’

 

‘How did you know?’ Mingyu asked just because. He knew the only way Wonwoo would know was because Hansol told him. With no answer, he looked at the beta in front of him who was making his was slowly towards the door to exit. He shifted his position to disturb his attempt before continuing, ‘So what if I’m an alpha?’

 

‘I hate alphas.’ Was the reply which didn’t answer his question.

 

‘You slapped me because I’m an alpha…?’ He rephrased that, making sure Wonwoo knew how stupid it sounded but to his disappointment, the man showed no emotion. As if that was a given. And that made Mingyu angry.

 

‘You knew I was an alpha yet you were laughing with me the whole time we were at the lake and now you’re telling me you hate alphas? Why did you let me kiss you then, huh?’ Mingyu scoffed at the man. Hearing no reply, he eyed the other intensely, suddenly pissed with the lack of response. Wonwoo kept looking away, he noticed the nervousness from the other but refused to give in. The absurd answer was not enough. ‘Did you suddenly remember I was an alpha and decided to ing slap me?’

 

‘Yaah, Jeon Wonwoo, answer me.’ He was getting impatient with the man. Patience was never his strong point. The only reason why he could wait for Wonwoo all this time was because he thought he had a chance with the man, but it seemed that the reason was almost nonexistent right now, like his own composure. ‘Cat got your tongue?’

 

Wonwoo scorned at the alpha, hating the way the man was speaking to him. He finally noticed the whole class was gone, leaving both of them alone in the empty room. Feeling cornered, his heart started to palpitate quickly, begging his body to escape but every time he tried to, Mingyu would move in front of him, making him retreat back in slight fear. Gaining his courage, he pushed through the man not caring if he was grabbed by the wrist.

 

‘You’re not running away again. Not today.’ Mingyu held Wonwoo’s wrist as the man tried to escape him. They needed to settle this here because this had been dragging for way too long. Wonwoo needed to tell him clearly what he wanted because Mingyu refused to accept ‘hating alphas’ as the reason for his rejection. He did not waste half a year chasing the man only to be turned down cold for being someone he was born as. Not when he knew that the other had feelings for him too, if only a bit.

 

Wonwoo pulled his wrist forcefully and dashed away, leaving Mingyu calling his name in frustration. The alpha wanted to run after the male but he still had his stuff on the table, he left them there when he rushed towards the door to stop Wonwoo from leaving earlier. Grabbing his bag, he made sure to switch off the lights before searching for the other.

 

 

 

After minutes of running around the department, Mingyu finally spotted the man, sitting around a table with his friends, minus Hansol. He was actually relieved about it because who knew what he would do to the other alpha if he was there. On the other hand, Seungcheol and Jun was, making it harder for him to talk without causing some commotion. But they need to settle this once and for all. Because Mingyu needed to know.

 

Not caring anymore, he walked towards the group, stopping right beside Wonwoo’s seat. All three of his friends looked up at him, confused at the sudden appearance while Wonwoo kept looking towards the others, completely ignoring him. Seungcheol, as expected, did not seemed pleased.

 

‘Jeon Wonwoo. We were not done.’ He locked his sight with Wonwoo, not minding his friends’uncomfortable reaction. There was a long silence where the only sound was some murmurs from their surroundings, but none from where he wanted it to come from. ‘I said, we were not done.’

 

‘What are you trying to do, Kim Mingyu?.’ He was interrupted by the older alpha who eyed him threateningly. That was not a question, it was a warning not to use that authoritative tone with his pack members though it shouldn’t matter since none of his betas would be affected. But Mingyu was not there looking for trouble, he just wanted to talk so he calmed himself down.

 

‘I answered your question. We’re done.’

 

‘That wasn’t an answer. That’s an excuse.’ He fired back, not satisfied. He could feel the eyes staring at him, especially the angry gaze of Jun. Seungcheol already turned his body to face him, his left hand placed on the table, his right behind Wonwoo. Mingyu could sense the tensed atmosphere surrounding him.

 

‘Well then maybe I did it because I’m a jerk.’

 

‘Jeon Wonwoo!’

 

‘Kim, leave!’ He was shoved backwards a few steps by the man’s best friend who now stood between them. Realizing how he just screamed the Wonwoo’s name, he looked back at the man. Wonwoo was slightly hidden by Seungcheol who had his right arm straightened in front of him in a protective manner. To top it off, the older alpha was now giving off his own pheromones, challenging Mingyu for a fight, to which Mingyu automatically responded by amplifying his own.

 

‘Mingyu, you should leave.’ Their silent duel was broken by Minghao’s soft yet firm c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter