Phase 5: Game [1.0]

Centum Viginti

“Sehun, it’s Jessica?”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“She’s gone.”

 

Sehun eyes were swollen red, puffy from all the crying she had done. She didn’t have to ask to know who did it. There was only one person in her entire world who would do such a thing. The reason she wanted to know, was why. Her heart clenched tighter, she’s never felt such an immense agony of suffocation. Jessica was one of the only few friends Sehun managed to grow fond of, the girl grew to trust because Jessica and her sister were the ones who tore her wall of doubt down.

 

And to think that this had to happen so soon.

 

Sniffing into her coat, Sehun felt a strong arm coil around her back. She lifted her head from the car window and turned her head to face her husband.

 

“Hey, everything’s going to be okay.” Kai’s voice was as soothing as ever. He brought her closer to his chest and into an inviting embrace. “Would you like to meet Krystal?”

 

Krystal.

 

Sehun doubted she could. Even if she wanted to, Krystal would’ve been out of sight already by now. Because Sehun knew that the girl never missed a call, she was always on her phone. And when the brunette tried to reach the girl twice, only to have a voicemail attend to her, she knew that Krystal was already on the run.

 

“No.” Sehun sniffed, wiping her runny nose. “I won’t be able to reach her, she’s probably left their shared apartment.”

 

Kai raised a brow in question, “What? Why?”

 

Sehun swallowed thickly but kept mum as she closed her eyes. What was Kris thinking. Not even a week has passed since Sehun’s wedding and he’s already done more than enough damage.

 

“Sir, we’ve arrived.”

 

The car came to a halt right in front of Sehun’s house. Well, it technically was her house. Kai didn’t understand why Sehun wanted to visit her brother instead of just going back home with him. Was Kris a close friend to Jessica too?

 

“Kai, why don’t you go back first?” Sehun told, her eyes casted downwards. “I might be late. You don’t have to wait up if you’re sleepy.”

 

Sehun opened the door and left the car, only to have her wrist caught by her husband.

 

“Are you going to be okay?”

 

The brunette turned around and looked into her husband’s eyes, breaking contact as she gazed away. She didn’t know. Was she going to be okay? Without realising, Kai left the car and moved an inch closer to his wife, bringing her chin in between his thumb and forefinger. He landed a soft kiss onto her forehead and tucked a strand of her amber locks behind her ear.

 

“I’m here for you, I promised—remember?” Kai whispered gently into her ear, cupping her cheeks. “Call me if you need anything.”

 

Sehun gave a strong nod, breaking away from Kai’s hold as she went up to the building. Not once did she turn back to look at her husband, letting no tears escape her eyes as she swallowed the sobs. She was scared.

 

So scared.

 

And for the first time in her life; Sehun felt fear creep into her heart.

 

What if Kai eventually finds out who she is and what she’s done? What would happen then?

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

Chanyeol grabbed Sehun by the wrist forcefully, not letting her pass him and into to the small discussion room a few feet behind him. His fingers coiled around it stiffly, his dark eyes bore into her hazel ones with a fierce but sympathetic look in it.

 

“Don’t give me that face, Park Chanyeol.” Sehun’s jaw tightened as she gritted her teeth, this wasn’t the first time Chanyeol has stopped her from confronting her brother. But he wasn’t going to succeed this time. “Move.”

 

Chanyeol equally stood his ground, not letting go of her wrist but only pulled her closer to him. “He won’t like it if you—”

 

Sehun swiftly rose her free hand and wrapped her fingers around Chanyeol’s neck. She pushed him back harshly and against the closed door, pressing deeper against throat; making him release his hold entirely.

 

“How many times do I have to put you in place, Chanyeol?” Sehun breathed down his neck as he rasped violently for air. “Just because I’m nice to you, it doesn’t mean that you can climb over me.

 

Without warning, the door flew open, sending Chanyeol falling onto the ground with a loud thud and Sehun almost missed her footing as she released her grasp on him. Her eyes darted rapidly from the fallen man to the other man she’s been wanting to confront. And before anybody could say anything, Sehun advanced for her brother and pushed him against the bare walls.

 

Her fists grabbed at his collars as she laid her teeth bare.

 

“Sehun! Sehun wait—”

                                                                                        

“Get out Luna, unless you want to take his place.”

 

The woman gasped in shock as she assisted Chanyeol up, turning to her boyfriend as her beady orbs wavered in terror.

 

“Let’s talk—”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes went wide. He felt a hot, sticky substance run down his cheek; stinging as he brought his fingers up to touch the cut. He looked up and moved his head to the left slightly, to see a small and sleek dagger stuck onto the centre of a dart board hung up on the wall. With his fingers and cheek now stained with crimson, the man locked eyes with Sehun’s fiery glare.

 

“One more word and I guarantee you; I won’t miss.

 

Sehun glowered back to Kris, who’s face still held no emotion despite being pushed back aggressively against the wall.

 

“Why did you do it.” Sehun’s voice cracked as she tried to remain her composure, she rarely showed any sign of weak emotions, but she was afraid tonight might be an exception. “Why did you dispose her without consulting me?”

 

Kris blew air through his nose almost sarcastically, mockingly.

 

“Consult you, and for what?” Kris taunted back, his eyes now turned to slits as they narrowed. “The Jung sisters lived well and long enough under your protection, they should’ve seen this coming.”

 

Sehun’s brows knitted in confusion, but that didn’t stop her from retorting dauntingly all the same.

 

“They were loyal to me, to you!” Her voice rose a level as she balled her fists by her sides, “How could you—”

 

“They were rats, Sehun.” Kris broke her off, “They’ve been under Sangria for so long, hoping to infiltrate into our system. And their protection, was you.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened, her blood ran cold at what her brother revealed.

 

“They made use of your trust and kindness, hoping to use it against you one day when the time is ripe.”

 

The brunette shut her eyes and closed her ears, shaking her head as if wanting to deny the words her brother spat.

 

“They wanted to betray you—”

 

“NO! That’s not true,” Sehun let out a hiccup, her heart sank into the pits of her stomach as she closed of his reasons. “You’re lying, Jessica and Krystal would never!”

 

Her brother pursed his lips and caught hold on her upper arm assertively. He dragged her out of the discussion room, paying no heed to her attempting to yank his hand and brought her to his study room. Kris sank her down into his swivel chair and his laptop wordlessly.

 

“What are you—”

 

“Sehun.”

 

The brunette’s lips parted when she saw Jessica’s face on the screen, the latter’s eyes brimmed with tears. She was seated on a black leather couch, one that Sehun could recognize was from their previous hideout.

 

“I’m sorry. I was assigned to get close to you when we were in high school. I never thought I’d get discovered, but now that Sangria’s back, it seems impossible for me to do things discreetly even if I wanted to. Please forgive me, Sehun. And please… spare my sister…”

 

The video ended with a black screen, but Sehun could clearly hear the sound of a gunshot. Her body jerked and trembled in fear as Kris closed his laptop. Her brother bent down and took her hands in his as he knelt before her.

 

“I did this all for you, Sehun.” Kris whispered into her ear, no hint of regret was heard. “When I realised they betrayed us, betrayed you, I lost it all and made her apologised first before I—”

 

Kris stopped midway as he felt hot tears hit both their clasped hands. Her sister was a hiccupping mess, sobbing her sorrows away as she hung her head dejectedly. Getting off the ground, Kris pulled his sister up and into his embrace. His hand ran through her hair as he coaxed and assured her.

 

“When will you realise that we only have each other, Sehun?” Kris’ voice resonated against the walls through Sehun’s sobs. “You know that you can always trust me, so why didn’t you wait for me to explain?”

 

Sehun clung onto her brother’s sweater and wailed violently into his chest, “Why… how could they betray me like this?”

 

Kris planted a chaste peck onto Sehun’s crown and hugged her tighter, “Sehun, in this world—only I can protect you. Only I will love you and care for you, do you understand?”

 

He pulled away and cupped both her cheeks, rubbing circles with his thumbs as he brushed her tears away. His eyes turned into slits as he closed the gap between them.

 

“Do you think Kai will love you still, if he finds out who you really are?”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened in fear. Her lips quivered as she gasped lightly at the unknown future.

 

“Do you think he’ll stay by your side, forever?”

 

Sehun pushed her brother away and shook her head violently, covering her ears.

 

“Please, don’t say that.” Sehun begged for her brother weakly as she went up against the wall. “He—”

 

“I will be the only one who will love you Sehun. I will be the only one who will love you for who you really are.”

 

The younger sibling slid down the wall and onto the cold floor as she felt her heart being rip open. This wasn’t the reality she wanted. It wasn’t the life she wanted. Her brother bent down to her level and gave another kiss to her forehead.

 

“Go back to him Sehun, if you doubt me.” Kris’ voice was cold and grim. “Or rather, show him the real you—and let us see if he’s still willing to accept.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

a/n: delayed! But here’s another glimpse of how the character’s personalities are like. Seeing them as normal human beings and people of their real nature are quite different actually! But let’s see how Sehun is going to be free of all this, especially if she wants Kai to be by her side. let’s hope that Kai won’t know about this secret of hers until the time is ripe, but, won’t dramas be boring if we let things happen at the right time? 😉

till next time my dear readers, and thank you so much for subscribing. Leave some comments down below as well okay TT.TT till the next update! Take care and see you all soon! xoxo