Phase 4: Beginning [2.0]

Centum Viginti

Luna slammed the files onto Kris’ study, making both Chanyeol and her boyfriend turn to her; breaking their conversation. But it meant nothing more to the former, especially since she wasn’t supposed to be around in the first place. Then again, Kris thought it was time for her to understand the things that was happening around her, seeing that a huge operation is being planned out to take place in a few months’ time.

 

“How long are you planning to keep it from her?” Luna’s voice was a mix of disappointment and concern. She wasn’t too happy about Kris using his sister, when all the younger has done was pledge her loyalty to him. Never once had she faltered nor waver in agreeing to his decisions and plans. But perhaps the recent hesitance of concurring to his thoughts to go against their late parents’ partners-turned-mortal enemies, might’ve made him more persistent than ever.

 

“She’ll know when the day comes,” Kris panned, “And until then, don’t go poking your nose into unnecessary business. I hate betrayal the most, and you know that.”

 

Luna looked to Chanyeol, but the other only returned her gaze with an equally tenacious look in his eyes.

 

“Don’t you care about what she would feel?” Luna pressed on, knowing that Chanyeol had a soft spot for the brunette despite his denials, “She would be torn, Kris.”

 

Her eyes shifted back to her boyfriend, a soft expression washed over Luna’s face when he only got off his chair and had his back turned to her.

 

“She won’t be. She can’t be.” Kris promised, mostly to himself. Regardless of the unsettling feeling in his heart, he knew that Sehun wouldn’t allow herself to choose between her brother and anyone else. “She knows I love her more than anything. Sehun will remain loyal to me because I’m the only family she ever had. I’m the only family she has.”

 

Luna shook her head, “He’s her family too.” The woman let a sigh escape her two lips and advanced to the door but not before saying, “You don’t love her. You love her loyalty.”

 

Kris watched as she left the room, letting the door close shut and clicking softly behind her. He turned to his right-hand man and clasped his hands behind his back.

 

“Bring in Jessica,” Kris ordered, his voice tight and shoulders tensed. “She would be a convincing tool.”

 

“But what about her sister?”

 

Kris smirked, “Don’t worry. We’ll let her run for a while.”

 

Chanyeol sighed but instantly complied, giving a curt nod. He knew Kris made a wrong turn, and it was almost impossible to make a detour seeing how things had gone. Taking out one of their own wasn’t even supposed to be a resort, especially since Jessica is Sehun’s greatest ally and one of her few friends. But desperate times call for desperate measures, they had to convince Sehun and lay out every option available.

 

Even if it means hurting her.

 

Because to Kris, nothing is more important than avenging his parents; and keeping Sehun’s loyalty to himself.

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

Sehun jaw dropped when Kai brought her to see the sunrise from Jeju’s beach. She initially wanted to stay put in bed since they reached Jeju quite late into the night and didn’t even manage to unpack the few things they brought before they slipped into slumber. Her back ached like there was no tomorrow because of the scuffle that happened before her marriage, and also because of the uncomfortably plane seat. But she still allowed Kai to drag her to the beach because really, it wasn’t that far.

 

A wide beam flashed across her pink lips as she watched the orange and yellow glow rise from the horizon, unconsciously leaning her head against Kai’s shoulder. The man blew a chuckle under his breath, pulling Sehun closer by the waist as they bathed in the cool breeze of the sea and the fresh smell of the sea. A soft sigh escaped from Sehun’s lips as she fluttered her eyes shut. She didn’t remember the last time she managed to unwind and relax. Her life was always filled with, blood and deceit; and suddenly, she thought about her brother. She doubted Kris has ever managed to live this kind of life, seeing how much responsibilities he had on his shoulders.

 

“My mother used to bring me and Luhan out this early when we first got here,” Kai told, reminiscing his childhood with his beloved cousin. “We used to run and build sandcastles on this beach, just the two of us.”

 

Sehun hummed, swallowing a lump in . She wished she had sweet memories to reminisce about her parents too but, they passed on too soon for her and her brother to experience what life really meant.

 

It was always only him and her. Only the two of them.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Kai twisted his body and tilted Sehun’s face by her chin, her eyes were glassy, but no tears spilled as she hastily closed them shut.

 

“It’s nothing Kai, I just— never experienced a lot of good memories when I was younger.” She on her bottom lip and hung her head. “My brother and I, we were forced to grow up quickly so—”

 

Kai locked their lips together, abruptly making her stop talking as their lips moved in synchrony. He pulled away and brushed Sehun’s cheek, planting a kiss on her forehead as he cupped her face in both his palms. He closed the gap between them and engulfed her into a warm embrace, “We’ll make memories like this together, okay? I’ll make sure to give you the best ones you could ever ask for.”

 

Sehun wrapped her arms around Kai’s lower back and sunk into his chest, a shallow breath escaping her lips as she basked in his warmth. Maybe other than Kris, she would be able to live a beautiful life together with her husband as well. And maybe if she tried hard enough, this time— no one in her family would need to face death because of their dark secrets.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Kai took out the chicken s from the refrigerator, chuckling when Sehun’s eyes widened in shock. “Oh my god, how long has that been in there…” The bride placed both palms in front of her lips as she shook her head in refusal, she didn’t want to be sent to the hospital on the second day of her marriage with Kai. “I’m gonna pass.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes and the stove, placing a thoroughly washed pan over the heat. While waiting for it to dry, he diced the garlic together with the onions; making Sehun jut her bottom lip at how skilled the man was. It was surprising, especially if Kai’s lived in a household full of servants; each of which has their own jobs.

 

“Relax will you,” Kai chuckled, pouring a fair amount of oil over the pan once it has completely dried. “The chicken was in the freezer a day before, Luhan helped prepare the stock for 2 weeks.” He rolled his eyes when Sehun heaved a relieved sigh. “I placed the chicken in the fridge yesterday, so that it wouldn’t be difficult to defrost today.”

 

Kai proceeded to wash the chicken, slowly putting them into the pan as Sehun watched with gleeful eyes. She didn’t think it’d be this pleasing to watch Kai prepare their breakfast. Coming up to him, Sehun grabbed the capsicum on the bowl, and handed it to Kai. “Do you want this diced too?”

 

Kai smiled but shook his head, ing his chin towards the mushroom instead. “Could you wash them for me?”

 

Sehun nodded with a beam on her face while Kai continue to remove the chicken onto an empty plate before adding in turkey bacon onto the skillet. The scent of the onions filled the air, and Sehun couldn’t wait to try the food that Kai planned to serve. Though he didn’t say, Sehun could guess that he was probably making creamy balsamic chicken. She watched as Kai did the same thing to the bacon as he did to the chicken and doing the same steps to the mushrooms she’s just washed earlier.

 

“Sehun, can you add the chicken broth with the heavy cream?” Kai asked, bending down to search for the salt and pepper from the cupboard. “Once you’ve stirred them together, I’ll add the balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese.”

 

The bride did as she was told, slowly pouring the broth and heavy cream. She stirred the mixture together for a while before Kai continued to add the remaining ingredients. After putting in salt and pepper, the man chunked in the mushrooms to the sauce as it thickens. Sehun took the empty plates once Kai added the chicken, bringing them to the sink to wash them. Kai waited for 2 minutes for the dish to simmer before turning the fire off and topping it with chopped parsley and the crisped bacon.

 

Taking a wet cloth, he wiped the table clean and dry before nearing the sink to rinse the cloth off of the dirt. He was about to wash the dirty plates when he realised that Sehun had already done that part of the job. He turned around was met with Sehun’s pure smile, “So, are we ready to eat?”

 

Kai tossed the wringed cloth on the side of the sink, bringing Sehun in by her waist before carrying her up to the kitchen counter. Sehun let out a giggle when Kai played with her fingers, “That depends, do you want to?”

 

Scoffing, Sehun placed Kai’s hands on her waist as she bent forwards; cupping Kai’s face as she connected their lips for a brief kiss. Without warning, the man pulled her forwards and swooped her into his arms as he carried her into the dining room where the plates and glasses were set and readied. He settled her onto the white chair before going back to the kitchen, bringing the dish out and on a pan coaster.

 

He took his seat opposite of her and scooped the food for his wife, unconsciously beaming with pride when Sehun dug in; humming at the fragrant first taste that filled .

 

“When did you learn to make this?” Sehun asked after swallowing the food in .

 

“My late grandmother,” He told, stuffing more food into his mouth before pouring them a drink. “She made sure both me and Luhan knew how to cook before we had our own families.”

 

Sehun nodded and hummed, Kai reminded Sehun a lot of Kris. Well, part of his humanely side did at least. She doubted Kai had any idea what kind of person she was by night. She let out a sigh internally, Sehun doesn’t think that her secret would be kept as one sooner or later. But she’s bent on taking the secret to her grave, Kai shouldn’t ever find out, and as much as what he doesn’t know would kill him; she already felt as if she was betraying him.

 

“Should we go to the waterfall later?” Kai asked, breaking Sehun’s thoughts. “The tourists don’t go to this side of the island so— we pretty much have it to ourselves.”

 

Sehun narrowed her eyes as a sly smile crept up both their lips, but the bride merely gave a nod as she maintained eye contact with her husband.

 

 

 

 

~”~

 

 

 

Kai took off his top and Sehun could only swallow in awe as the sun shone against his bronze skin; making it glow underneath the evening sky. She watched as he entered the glistening waters, going deeper and deeper until the water reached his halfway up his torso. He turned around, reaching out a hand to his wife to which Sehun complied by stripping down to only her lingerie. Kai smirked and shook his head at the red lingerie that gave contrast to her porcelain skin.

 

Sehun took her own time sashaying to her husband, feeling the cooling water under her fingertips as she moved deeper into the water. As the gap between them closed, Kai brushed away the strand away from Sehun’s forehead and they stood there silently; taking in the sounds of the waterfall crashing down onto the water, and how the breeze rustled their hair.

 

Kai took Sehun by the hand and pulled her deeper into the water, nearing the waterfall. He took her closer to where the water crashed, but Sehun stopped him from moving further.

 

“Won’t it hurt if we go underneath it?” Her free hand unconsciously went up to the bruised area on her back. It was a wonder Kai still hadn’t notice.

 

Her husband blew a chuckle under his nose, letting go of her hand and making her watch as he went under it. Sehun gasped in worry when the water crashed onto Kai’s back, but only fits of laughter came from Kai’s lips as he stayed beneath the waterfall. He motioned a hand towards his wife, and albeit the hesitance, Sehun took dainty steps towards her husband. She reached out for her husband’s hand and breathed when Kai hugged her from behind.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s relaxing.” Kai whispered into her ear, securing his hold on her.

 

Sehun clamped her eyes shut, bracing herself for the pain but was only met with what Kai claimed as relaxing. She couldn’t say that it didn’t hurt, but the pain was bearable, and it felt as if nature itself was massaging her tensed muscles. She didn’t feel Kai’s hold loosen as she drowned in the cooling waters that hit her back. A broad grin painted across her lips as she turned to express her feelings to Kai, but her smile died when he was nowhere to be seen.

 

“K—Kai?” Her eyes widened in horror as she whipped her head left and right, moving away from the waterfall in search for her husband. However, before she could move further, a strong hand caught hold of her wrist; pulling her back into the waterfall but this time, Sehun didn’t feel the harsh waters hitting the back of her nape anymore.

 

Spinning around, she was ready to send a blow the person who pulled her when the man caught her other wrist.

 

“Sehun, calm down.

 

The woman gasped, realising that it was her husband; but that didn’t stop her from punching him on the chest. “Kai! Don’t scare me like that!” Sehun groaned, but her shock subsided when her eyes travelled from Kai’s Cheshire smile to the cave walls around them. Believe it or not, as compared to the outside, the inside of the waterfalls was filled with more serenity, and beauty and every other description that linked with alluring.

 

She sauntered deeper into the place, passing her husband as her eyes trailed to the huge rocks which held leaves of green with pink and purple flowers lining the place. It looked like a whole enchanted forest was erected behind the waterfall, and as she moved deeper, she realised that the water went only up to her hips instead of being above her waist.

 

went agape went the waters started to turn orange, and as she spun around she saw that it was the sun’s rays that went through the waterfall; making the light reflect off the sparkling surface.

                                                               

Peaceful wasn’t even enough to describe the hidden place, but that was the only thing Sehun felt when she was there.

 

“How did you find this place…”

 

Kai chortled under his breath and ambled nearer to his wife. He caught her by the waist and took her right cheek into his palm. They stared into each other’s eyes for a few moments before Kai reached down and laid a kiss on her lips.

 

“Well, it’s a funny story actually.” Kai giggled almost as soon as he pulled away, letting their fingers interlace beneath the waters. “And it’s pretty lame.”

 

Sehun narrowed her eyes and looked behind her, dawdling closer to the edge as she neared the flattened rock platform. She rested both her elbows on the bank and raised her brows, “So, are you going to tell me?”

 

Kai let out an ‘ugh’ sound escape from his lips, approaching his wife with a light expression on his face.

 

“Ah!”

 

Caught by surprise, Sehun instantly let her hands flew on Kai’s shoulders when he had his hands carry her by her waist and making her sit atop the flat platform. She tutted at his abrupt gesture but nonetheless wore an expecting beam on her lips. Sehun moved to rest her hands on each side of her thighs on the bank as Kai moved nearer towards her knees.

 

“I used to um— sulk, a lot.” Kai confessed, resting his chin on Sehun’s knees. “But I was a child okay, it’s only natural.” He deadpanned when Sehun stifled a laugh.

 

“So what, you sulked because you got into arguments with Luhan or—?”

 

Kai pursed his lips and cleared his throat, “It wasn’t because of him but rather, it’s because of this… girl.

 

A side of Sehun’s lip twitched, her eyes grew dangerously dark as her lips pursed. But a cheeky smile wiped over Kai’s lips as he shrugged.

 

“But if you don’t want to know about her then, fine by—”

 

“Tell me.” Sehun told, looking away as she folded her hands. “You can’t start without ending it.”

 

Kai threw a deep chortle before nodding in agreement. “True,” he said as he removed his chin from her knees. “She was some, island girl. Green ocean eyes, and red lips. Her pale skin always shone so beautifully under the radiant sun. She always had her brunette locks tied into a ponytail, we used to play together for a little while before she started to hang around me more often than with Luhan.” Kai noted that Sehun’s expression was turning sullen, but he decided to press further as a teasing grin flew up his lips. “Needless to say, she totally fell for me.”

 

Sehun cleared , “Forget it, I don’t want to hear anymore of it.”

 

“Hey, that’s not even the best part yet.”

 

Sehun pursed her lips, huffing out a breath as Kai played with her ankles. “Luhan liked her instead.” Kai tutted, rolling his eyes as he remembered the times when the girl frequently came by for him, but Luhan would always be the one eager to play with her. “I told him that I didn’t like her, so I said that if he could push her away for me; we’d go back to playing together instead.”

 

Sehun frowned, not understanding the part where he would sulk in the story.

 

“But every time she came, Luhan would offer her a drink and share our snacks with her. Mom would even bake her cookies while I was left alone in the back as I waited for her to leave.”

 

Sehun simpered under her breath, “Then why didn’t you join them?”

 

“I told you, I didn’t like her. She’s so bossy! Wanting us to build our Lego blocks a certain way and even saying that we play wrongly.” Kai complained, “I mean, who plays wrongly? There are no rules to how you should play with your toys.”

 

Sehun raised both her brows, nodding as she silently urged him to go on.

 

“So that one day when they played with my favourite buckets and spades without me knowing, I ran away from the house to this waterfall.” Kai continued, wearing a sheepish grin as he said his next words, “People said that wishes were granted if you enter the waterfall so—”

 

“So, you actually thought that was true and found this place instead?” Sehun impassively completed his sentence, to which Kai defended by claiming that he was still a kid.

 

“You can’t blame me okay, I just really wanted her to go away.”

 

Sehun giggled and laid both her arms on Kai’s strong shoulders. “So, you’re saying you’re no longer a kid now huh?” Sehun bent forwards and flicked Kai’s forehead with her fingers, making him cry out in pain momentarily.

 

Her husband blew a raspberry and pulled Sehun back down into the waters, “I don’t know, Sehun.” A smug smile washed over his lips as he placed his hands dangerously close to Sehun’s hipline with his thumb drawing small circles over the faint structure of her hipbones.

 

Sehun let a trembling gasp when Kai abruptly shoved her nearer to the end of the bank, her hands instantly flew up to his shoulders when he parted her ankles with a light from his foot. She felt his thumb slide beneath the strings that fastened her bottoms, but with a swift movement, she felt the tie strings loosen on one end.

 

“N-no!”

 

Kai instantly came to an abrupt stop, pulling his hand away when Sehun pushed his by his chest. The last thing he wanted was to force her to do things she didn’t want to. Even if he was ready for it, he’ll wait for her.

 

“I’m sorry,” Sehun whispered, tying the strings back. “It’s just—”

 

“Hey,” Kai glided nearer to her and threw his hands around her. “It’s okay if you’re not—”

 

“No, I mean…” Sehun’s cheeks spotted two dots of read as she tucked a strand behind her ear. “Let’s not do it here.

 

When the brunette brought her face up to meet Kai’s eyes, all he had was a dumbfounded expression on his face. Sehun gave him an eager smile, making him throw his head back as he laughed hysterically. Kai instantly splashed the water towards Sehun in disbelief, but nonetheless; he was glad he didn’t make her feel uncomfortable after all.

 

 

 

 

***

 

a/n: wow this came two weeks late but here’s another update! I wonder what Kris is up to, but here’s to hoping that the married couple can build a family soon, especially since Sehun finally is able to stay away from all the underground unions stuffs. But will things stay this way for long, or will Sehun—like Kris claim, have a reason to choose between her brother and someone else? will there be bloodshed, or will Kris resort to amicable discussions?

Find out soon and stick around okay! please leave some comments down below on what you think (also, a shout out and a HUGE thank you to @NoorKyra for upvoting!)

See you all soon! and till the next update, xoxo