Phase 1: History [1.0]

Centum Viginti

“Here, you can stop me right by this building.”

 

The taxi driver raised both his brows when he saw the run down building up ahead. There were no other made buildings in the area either. In fact, the whole district seemed to be under construction. Even if she worked as a construction it was way past 10pm and no on-site working would be allowed when everyone else needs to get a shut-eye. “Are you sure miss? If your stop is still far ahead, I can still drive you there.” His voice was filled with concern, “It’s very dangerous to be out this late, there’s no one around if anything were to happen.”

 

In the back seat, the young lady simply untied her umber locks and ruffled her hair before giving an assuring smile. “Like you said, there isn’t anyone around.”

 

The driver didn’t manage to get a clear look of her face when she rushed for a ride earlier, but when he stopped his vehicle and watched her leave the car, he couldn’t resist fixing his eyes onto her porcelain skin. Well, even under the dark sky, it was hard to miss how sculptured her face was when she gave him one last grin; especially against the midnight black dress on her skin. As she turned and walked away, he realised that not only was her face sculptured; her legs and arms were toned; as if she’d been working out regularly and—

 

“Miss!”

 

The woman turned and raised a questioning brow, not surprised that he still hasn’t made his way to leave.

 

“Be careful.”

 

As he drove off, the lady smirked to herself and shook her head. “There is only so much you can be careful about.” She made sure to keep her eyes trained on the yellow vehicle, ensuring that it properly left the vicinity before making way towards one of the run-downed buildings, five blocks down. She internally groaned, realising how far she had to walk to her actual destination. But even so, she couldn’t risk their hideout being discovered. Sacrifices and obstacle-filled measures would need to be made, especially after what happened twenty years ago.

 

She ran her own fingers through her scalp and gave a short but deep sigh.

 

“Sehun… You’re late too?”

 

The woman spun around, meeting eyes with a pair of deep hazel orbs. Her eyes travelled down the woman’s deep green crop top and short black skirt, wondering where exactly she came from. But nonetheless, a small smirk crept up her lips before she gave a nonchalant shrug. “I don’t even know why he called for a meeting in the first place.” She gave one last glance to the woman and raised both her brows before turning her heels again. “Nice haircut by the way.”

 

The woman unconsciously toucher her neck-length hair, clearing sheepishly and catching up to Sehun; walking by her side.

 

 

~”~

 

 

Sehun climbed down a narrow flight of staircase with the woman trailing close behind her. She made sure that her steps were calculated, and that she doesn’t accidentally rest her palms onto the baited bricks by her sides.

 

The passageway was dark, purposely unlit so that only those who were already familiar with the area would be able to pass through the pathway seamlessly. Things were going well as they both took note of the cracks on the stairs to avoid, as well as only touching specific bricks in the wall which were uncooperatively far apart from one another.

 

As they both went in further, Sehun realised that the sound of the steps that came after hers earlier ceased and went completely gone. Her brows knitted when she swiftly turned her head around, wearing a questioning look on her face when the other was more than ten steps above her.

 

“What are you doing? Hurry up.”

 

The woman evidently gulped as her lips trembled. Her eyes flickered from where they stood to the very end of the aisle. There was still a huge gap between where they stood, and where the entrance of their hideout laid.

 

“Luna! We don’t have time—.”

 

“I think I might’ve, accidentally pushed a baited brick.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened, averting and pulling away from their eye contact as her hickory orbs met Luna’s unmoving but subtly shaky palm solidly pressed against what we could’ve seen as an entirely unsuspicious brick.

 

“Wait! Don’t move!” Sehun’s voice was low but sharp as she warned the girl when her pinkie finger moved. “One wrong movement and we’re toast!

 

Luna her lips, feeling beads of perspiration roll down the sides of her forehead and down her neck. Neither of them knew what would happen but they certainly did not want to find out. All they knew was that there were traps implanted; and that was all they knew.

 

Sehun looked down and in a deep breath when she saw how far they still were. But running down the stairs to avoid a possible trap occurring would be too slow of a process to avoid getting injured. Or worse, killed.

 

She her lips and turned back to Luna, eyes narrowing as she let out a controlled breath. Sehun removed her heels and threw them down, standing there bare feet as she composed herself first.

 

“When I count to three, I want you to jump onto me.” She opened both her arms and legs wide, before giving a short glance again at the distance behind. “Make sure your arms are on my chest, and not around me. Okay?”

 

Luna body shivered in fear at her suggestion. But then again, that didn’t even sound like a suggestion. It was more of an order.

 

“You won’t get hurt, don’t worry.” Sehun assured, but her voice didn’t sound like that at all. “Ready?”

 

Luna looked from her palm and back to Sehun’s deep brown eyes, nodding with fear.

 

“One…

 

Two…

 

Thr—”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened when Luna, without waiting for the last count, shot out of the steps and lifted her palm from the brick simultaneously. The former wasn’t able to catch her breath when she lost her footing, but eventually stuck to her plan as she wrapped her arms around the latter’s shoulders and back.

 

Before she even managed to life the soles of her feet from the uneven ground, the steps of the aisle split into two. And Sehun didn’t even want to imagine what was under the treads when her ears picked up the sound of silver grazing against one another. She didn’t know where they came from, but she didn’t have the time to even look and see. As Luna kept her eyes shut tight, Sehun opened hers as both of them rolled down the rapidly.

 

Keeping her left arm tightened around Luna’s upper body, Sehun angled her right arm two inches further than the other’s back, making sure that the former’s body does not come into contact with the rough and rocky surface of the splitting aisle. One by one the steps divided, and each time Sehun managed to avoid being swallowed into the gaps by a hairline.

 

She stretched her neck, straining her veins as she prepared to slam her right hand onto the door of their entrance. As they neared the end, Sehun reached her palm out and—

 

BAAM!

 

Her palm and wrist instantly stop their uncontrollable spins, making the woman groan in agony as she felt the stony surface of the door pierce into the first layer of her skin. She let out a heave, allowing both her arms to lose grip of Luna as well as the surface of the door. Sehun let out another strangled moan as the other got off her and sat herself on the ground.

 

“You couldn’t have at least waited for me to count till three!?”

 

Luna gasped, gulping as she shook her head. “I’m sorry Sehun, I panicked and—”

 

Sehun didn’t wait for her explanation and lunged forwards, grabbing her by shirt as she curled her fingers around the thin fabric.

 

“You panicked? We don’t have even a second to panic, especially in this industry!” Sehun yelled through gritted teeth. “And how could you have made a mistake! You come her more often than me and you still don’t remember what you can and what you can’t touch!?”

 

Before either of them could continue, the door slid open and Sehun was immediately pulled away from Luna. The former hissed in pain when her elbow was yanked harshly and unthoughtfully.

 

“Let go of me Chanyeol!”

 

The tall, buffed man released his grip and pulled Luna off the ground. Sehun brushed everyone else aside and heaved a frustrated sigh. She didn’t even understand why her brother still chose to date the timid girl. It didn’t make any sense to her why he still wanted to keep the woman when all she ever gets into her head about the industry is absolutely nothing.

 

She limped her way through, ignoring the men’s concerned questions about her injuries. She twisted the meeting room’s door with her left hand, earning a few gasps from the occupants of the room.

 

With much discomfort, she took her seat beside her brother— leader of Zaffre, one of the supreme leading legislature of the trades union industry; Kris Wu.

 

 

 

 

***

 

a/n: so sorry! had to give this a restart because I felt that things were not clear in the beginning so here guys! I took these months to really sort out the stories I have and really made sure that they are CLEARLY portrayed because I don't want people to not understand what I write. But thank you all for subscribing to this! till next time ok xoxo