Chapter 13: Sleepover Meeting

Highschool with GFriend

Yerin’s POV

I gripped my purse tightly as I stood in front of Sowon’s house. I took a deep breath before ringing the bell. I hear the bell echo inside. I hear footsteps get louder. Just then, the door swings open.

Sowon smiles at me brightly, “Yerin! Quick, come on in!”

She grabs my hand and pulls me in, shutting the door behind us. Sowon’s house was huge. I look around in awe. Sowon’s laugh brings me back to reality. I blush a little.

“Come on, let’s join the others. Just leave your bags there.” I drop my bags and she grabs my hand again and pulls me upstairs.

She leads me to her room not letting go of my hand the whole time. She swings the door open which startles the people inside. My eyes widen and my heart breaks as I see who is inside. Yuju and Umji happily talking to SinB. That is until I walk in. Umji’s smile disappears but Yuju forces one on her face.

“Eunha should be coming soon,” Sowon informs everyone. Everyone nods and after that, there is nothing but awkward silence. The atmosphere thickens. I bite my lip as I stare Yuju and then to Umji and immediately look down.

“Hey Sowon,” SinB speaks up with an annoyed expression.

Sowon turns to SinB with a smile, “Hmm? What’s up, babe?”

“Why are you still holding Yerin’s hand?” Sowon immediately lets go of my hand.

“Oh crap, I totally forgot I was holding your hand. I’m so sorry, Yerin. Your hands are very warm and soft. They feel nice to hold.” Sowon says to me and I smile.

Unfortunately, SinB’s expression did not change. This did not go unseen by Sowon. Sowon went and sat by SinB who only moved away from her. Sowon pouts at SinB and tries to grab her hand but SinB just pulls it away. Sowon whines and cries but SinB ignores her. I laugh loudly and realize I’m not the only one laughing. My eyes met hers. I feel a blush cover my face as Yuju’s eyes stare into mine. She breaks our eye contact and I notice a sad smile on her face.

 

Sowon’s POV

I notice the two having their sad moments and facepalm mentally. These idiots want each other so badly yet they don’t even realize each other’s strong feelings. I wish I could just slam their face together so they would kiss.

My thoughts are interrupted when my house bell rings. I get up, placing my hand on SinB’s thigh who pushes it off.

“I’ll go get it. SinB, if you love me, you will tag along!” I smile at her playfully and leave the room. I turn around and see no SinB. I sigh and just head downstairs. I open the door to let the cheerful Eunha in.

“Hey, Eunha! Leave your bags over there and head upstairs. I’m just going to grab something.” She nods and before I could tell her which room, an arm pulled into the house's second hallway.

Before I knew it, I was locked against the wall. I looked down to see SinB holding me against the wall. She didn’t look at me in the eye. She looked around the place and I see that Eunha is gone. My face is brought back to face SinB. She stares at me with her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Wha-what's wrong..?" I ask nervously and she places her hand next to my head on the wall.

She tiptoes to come closer to my face. She presses her lips to mine. My eyes widen and squirm in the kiss. She holds my wrists and presses them against the wall so I can't move. I shut my eyes tightly. She deepens the kiss. She refuses to let go of me. Then as soon as I melt into the kiss. She breaks it off. 

I pout at her as she lets go of me. She doesn't react to my pout but just glares at me. I give her a confused expression and she just rolls her eyes at me.

She crosses her arms, "Don't act like I'm the bad one here."

She scoffs as she sees me being taken back at that, "You know what I mean. You held hands with Yerin right in front of me! I'm your girlfriend not her! Hold my hand not hers!" She turns away. 

My mind is still processing what is going on. I see her ears turn red and I smile to myself. I wrap my arms her waist from the back which startles her.

I kiss her cheek, "I see you do love me. I was a little upset since I didn't see you exit the room before."

She covers her face with her hands and I chuckle at her. I turn her to face me. She continues to cover her face with her hands so I just press millions of kisses on the back of her hand.

"St-stop~," She says even more embarrassed. I chuckle at her. I pull her hands off her face and kiss her lips. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin's POV

Eunha walks into the room with a huge smile. It disappears right away as she sees everyone. I bit my lip as I feel everyone's heart shatter. She looks at me before turning to them again.

"H-hello," She forces a smile but lowers her head right away.

I saw that eye contact she made with Umji. I saw the face she made after looking her in the eye too. I notice Umji's eyes start become watery. She bites her lip and just nods. Yuju forces a smile back. I look at Eunha walk over to me.

"So, how's your dating going so far?" Yuju speaks up. I look over at her, trying to hide my shock. I mean, who would ask about their crush dating someone else as a topic to get rid of an awkward atmosphere.

Eunha sits next to me and slips her hand into mine. I look down at our hands, feeling guilty.

"It's amazing. I love her so much. I'm so glad to have her in my life." Eunha pulls my face up and kisses the tip of my nose, "I love you, baby."

I force a smile and hit her shoulder, "Stop~we aren't alone."

She giggles but I feel something clench my heart tightly. I know I'm not the only one who's feeling like this. I let out a deep sigh which, thankfully, with unnoticed by Eunha. She continues to talk to Yuju and I keep my head down the whole time. I let go of Eunha's hand and stand up. Eunha gives me a worried look.

I smile at her reassuringly, "Sowon and SinB have been gone for a while. I'm going to go check on them." 

She smiles and nods. I was about to head out the door when I was stopped. I felt a hand grip my wrist. I felt my heartbeat fasten in fear.

"I'll come with you." I turn to face Umji and look her in the eyes.

I gulp but nod. The two of us walk in silence as we go downstairs to look for them.

"Wh-why did you tag along?" I ask nervously.

"Because I think it's time we talked." I stop and turn to face her.

I took a deep breath before saying, "Look, I know you're in love with Eunha. Things ha-" 

"I know.” My heart beat stopped, “I know what happened. I was there.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~