CHAPTER 27

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

We left the party around midnight and I was glad. Seong Woo stuck to Jinyoung’s side and I was getting irritated…the guy is friendly; it’s just that he hogged Jinyoung’s attention most of the time and I hated that.

“C’mon, let me send you home…” I said to Jinyoung as we reached the lobby.

“No thanks…I’ll just take a cab…” he declined.

“It’s just a ride home Jinyoung…I’m not gonna do anything to you…” I looked at him. “Besides, it’s hard to get any taxi this time of the night.”

He was hesitant but I’m glad he decided to follow me to the parking lot. I was driving when his phone rings.

“Hello? Seong Woo?”

That guy again?

“How did you get my number? What’s up? Lunch? Sounds good…but are you sure you won’t be busy? I mean…you must have killer schedule…no…of course…I’ll just meet you at the restaurant then…sure…see ya…” he hung up.

“That actor guy?” I said glancing over at him. He got this smile plastered on his face and I wish I don’t see it.

“His name is Seong Woo…and yes, that was him.”

“What does he want?”

“Nothing that concerns you…” he answered.

“Jinyoung ah…can we talk?”

“Aren’t we talking right now?”

I reached for his hand but he pulled away in a snap.

“I don’t think that’s necessary…” he stared at me.

“All I’m asking is for a chance…I won’t let you down…”

“Do you think you deserve that chance? You’ve hurt me enough Mark…I don’t know about you but I don’t want to go down that road again…”

Jinyoung POV

“Do you think you deserve that chance? You’ve hurt me enough Mark…I don’t know about you but I don’t want to go down that road again…”

I saw Mark sighed as I say those words but I needed to guard my heart from now on. I love him but I don’t think I could survive another heartbreak…especially from him.

“I won’t let you down…”

“Do you expect me to believe that?”

“I made a mistake once and you’re still not gonna forgive me for that? I’m a changed man…”

“Are you? I’ve seen nothing that says you’re a changed man…”

The rest of the ride was quite after that. Mark kept on driving and I just sat there looking out the window. We arrived at my apartment 20 minutes later.

“Thank you for the ride…” I said as I got out of the car.

“No problem…”

I walked up to the entrance of my apartment without turning back…I’m afraid the wall I built up will crumble if I did.

“You’re late…having fun?” Junho hyung said when I walked into the living room.

“Yeah…”

“Doesn’t look like it…”

“Just having a mental breakdown a moment ago…”

“Well, that’s a first…” he chuckled.

“Hyung…am I doing the right thing?” I sat in front of him.

“About what?”

“Mark…”

“What do you mean?” he frowned.

“I want to move on…I mean, forget about him, meet new guy and stuff…but the other part of me wanted to believe him…”

“Do you still love him?”

That one question lingered in my head…do I still love him? Maybe…I do get little butterflies every time he did the little gestures just to get my attentions...and when he got flocked by women at the party tonight sends a wave of jealousy within me…

“By the looks of it…I know you still do…”

And he wasn’t lying.

***********************************

Mark POV

I looked at the clock on the wall and it seems like it moves a lot slower than normal…or is it just me?

“Found anything interesting up there?” Nayeon nudged my shoulder as she walked past me.

“That clock is working right?” I looked at her.

“It’s working just fine…what’s up with you Mark? Maybe you should’ve gone to lunch with the us girls just now…hunger can have a lot of side effects if you ask me…” she giggled.

“I’m not hungry…”

I’m really not…it’s just that I’ve been on the edge since Jinyoung left for lunch with that Seong Woo guy. I don’t want to think about it but there’s 1001 scenarios playing in my head right now…just the way I saw that guy looked at Jinyoung, I know he’s interested.

“I’m back…”

Jinyoung walked into the office. He went to his desk and settled down.

“So…how was the lunch date with actor Ong?” Nayeon asked, sitting at the edge of his desk.

“Let just says it involved a lot of squealing and autographing…” Jinyoung said with a smile.

“Did you have fun? How is he?”

“He’s nice…and funny…it’s too bad that we have to cut short the lunch because his fans started to gather in front of the restaurant.”

“Are you gonna meet him again?”

“Maybe…”

“I know you gonna meet him again…” Nayeon nudged his shoulder.

I stared at the amber colored liquid inside the small shot glass in front of me. Jinyoung’s face appeared and he was smiling…and it wasn’t because of me.

“Fine anything interesting?”

Jaebum sat down next to me at the bar.

“Could be…” I sighed.

“You don’t look too good…Jinyoung still won’t budge?”

“Jaebum ah…should I just give up?”

I turned to the side and saw he was looking at me.

“What do you mean?” he frowned.

“I mean…give up on Jinyoung…I love him…I truly did…but somehow it seems like he moved on…found a new guy that obviously treating him good…making him happy…”

“Are you for real Mark?” he sounded genuinely concerned.

“Isn’t that the right thing to do? I think I’m in a battle that I already know that I’m not gonna win…you know Jinyoung right? If only I could turn back time…”

I gulped down the whiskey and let it burn down my throat.

“You really want to give up? I’ve known you for years man and I know you’re not someone who easily gives up on things…this is Jinyoung we’re talking about.”

“I’ve thought about it…I want him to be happy, and if that guy can make him happy, maybe it’s time for me to take a step back…as cliché as it may sound, his happiness is only thing that can me live through right now…”

Jinyoung POV

I was having a cup of coffee before bed when a sudden knocks on my door. It’s almost midnight and I wasn’t expecting anyone at this hour. I went to the front and when I opened the door, there stood Jaebum with barely conscious Mark on his back.

“What the…”

My words just cut short when Jaebum pushed me aside and made his way inside my house. He put Mark down on my couch and the guy slumped over, mumbling something incoherent.

“Er…can you explain this to me? Why is he here?” I looked at Jaebum.

“He got too much to drink…”

“Shouldn’t you send him back to his house then?”

“Well, he left his keys at the office and I’m not gonna go back there just to get it…” Jaebum said.

“Why don’t you get him to your place?”

“I got a girl waiting for me right now and I need to get laid…” Jaebum ing his hip forward with a smirk on his face.

“And you decided to dump him here?”

“It’s not the first time he crash at your place…besides, he’s your friend too…I gotta go…here…” Jaebum gave me Mark’s wallet and phone. “Later…”

After Jaebum left, I went back to the living room and Mark was fast asleep on my couch.

What am I gonna do with you Mark? I kneeled down and stared at his face…even in this state he still managed to take my breath away. My hands brushed the hair away from his face and he stirred.

“I’m sorry Park Jinyoung…” he mumbled. “I love you…”

My heart softens.

 

Double update!!! One chapter left!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!!