CHAPTER 24

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

I watched as Jinyoung walked away with my cheek reddened from the slap. I guess I did deserve that somehow. I turned around and saw Jaebum at the bottom of the stairs, with folded arms staring at me.

“You have a lot of explaining to do…” he said.

In a bar downtown…

“Drink up…” Jaebum said as he poured my shot glass with whiskey to the brim. I just looked at him. “I’ll call a driver if we got drunk…” he pushed the glass towards me.

We clunk the glass together and gulped down the liquid, letting it burn down our throat.

“Now, care to explain what the hell happened tonight? And don’t you dare hide anything from me…”

“I heard that guy talking while I was in the bathroom…he was talking to someone and then I found out that he already have a fiancée…”

“Did you tell Jinyoung?”

I just nodded.

“But he didn’t believe me…he thought I was just making up stories…”

“And why he would he does that? Jinyoung is not like that…”

“Well…”

“You better come clean with me Mark…did something really happened between you and Jinyoung?”

“We’re actually seeing each other…”

“You what?”

“We hooked up…”

“Behind my back?”

“Behind everyone’s back…no one really knows about it…”

“Okay…I didn’t know that you swing that way…”

“Neither did I…it’s just something about him that made me felt at ease…”

“Then what went wrong?”

“My aunt found out about us…she walked on us one morning…and she said that if she would disown me if I continue my relationship with Jinyoung…”

“She said that? And you just break things off with Jinyoung after that?”

I nodded.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Shoot…”

“I’m your best friend right?”

“Yeah…”

A hard smack landed on my head.

“What was that for?” I glared at him, rubbing the aching spot.

“That’s for your stupidity…why would you do such things? Oh my god! I could only imagine how he felt when I set you up with Jisoo…Jinyoung gonna hate me!” he said in despair. “And did Jisoo know about this?”

“I’ve told her…and luckily she understands…”

“She’s a smart girl…so, what are you gonna do now?”

“I dunno…” I sighed, pouring myself another shot of whiskey.

“Do you love him?”

“Who? Jinyoung?”

“No…me! Of course it’s Jinyoung!” he scowled at me again.

“I do…I really do…but I know he hates me right now…with everything that happened…”

“You could win him over…”

“You think I could?”

“If you still loves him…”

“What about my family?”

“Let’s take one task at a time…for now, you gotta up your game and win your man back…”

“You’re okay with this? I mean…me being with a man?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? Look, you could be ing a cactus for all I care…you’re still my best friend…besides, I totally understand. That guy is ing hot! Who wouldn’t turn gay when it comes to Jinyoung? Not that I would…since I’ve never see Jinyoung that way ever…”

“Good…I know I’d lose I’m up against you…”

“Rest assured, I’m very much straight…” he patted my back.

Now, I need to do something to win Jinyoung back.

Jinyoung POV

My mood went off the drain just like that…I just wanna go home and forget everything that happened.

“You ok Jinyoung ah?” Sungjin asked.

“I’m fine…”

“Who is that guy anyway?”

“Someone from the office…”

“An ex?”

“Not exactly…we’re not an item…let’s not talk about it okay?”

“Fine…so, where do you want to go?”

“Home…my head kinda hurting right now…I’m so sorry Sungjin…”

“It’s okay…we can go out next time…but let me stop for a sec…there’s something I need to get…”

“Sure…”

Sungjin stopped the car by the roadside and he went out, heading towards the convenience store a few feet away. I was waiting in the car when I heard phone ringing. It wasn’t mine so it must belong to Sungjin. I opened the dashboard and it was indeed Sungjin’s phone. Curiosity took over me and when I looked at the screen, a woman’s picture appeared at the name caught my attention.

Fiancée Dearest ♥♥♥

Mark’s word ringing in my ear.

“So, I got some headache medicine…I don’t know which one so I just bought all of it.” Sungjin said as he got into the car.

“Thanks but I think I’m just gonna take a taxi from here…”

“Taxi? Why? C’mon…I’ll just drop you off…”

“It’s okay…and I don’t think we should meet again after this...” I unbuckle the seatbelt and opened the door.

“Why? What did I do wrong?”

“Let see…you forgot to tell me that you’re engaged…”

“But I’m not…”

“Don’t lie to me Sungjin ssi…that’s the least you could do…”

I got out and slammed the door. He got out and grabbed my hand.

“C’mon Jinyoung…she doesn’t have to know…she’s in the States right now…”

“Do you know what I hate the most in men?” I snapped back my hands away from him. “Liar…is it that hard to stay faithful to your partner? Please don’t do this to her…and I don’t want to be the third person…”

“Jinyoung ah…”

“No! And that’s final! Goodbye!”

Walking alone down the sidewalk, I finally hailed a cab and went home. So much happening tonight and I just want to lie in my bed and try to forget everything.

I woke up the next morning with all sort of feelings jumbled up within me.

“Good morning…”Junho hyung greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. “I didn’t hear you come in last night…”

“It’s pretty late…”I sat down at the kitchen island and Junho hyung poured me a mug of hot coffee. “Thanks hyung…”

“Did you have fun?”

“Not really…it turned out you’re right about my date last night…”

“What do you mean?” he frowned.

“I found out that he actually has a fiancée…and when I confronted him about it, he actually said that she didn’t have to know about us…he wanted us to go further behind her back…”

“The audacity of a man…I wish I could beat some senses into him!”

“You and I both hyung…”

“It’s ok kiddo…the ocean is wide…there’s a lot of other fishes out there for you…” he patted my back. “Are you getting ready for work soon?”

“I’m taking a break for couple of days…I’m planning to go over to my parents’ place…you wanna come?”

“Sounds fun…I’m free anyway…”

“Cool…”

Maybe a day or two back in my hometown could take things off my head for a while.

Mark POV

It’s almost 10 am and Jinyoung still haven’t arrived to the office. Does something happen to him?

“Unnie…is Jinyoung oppa coming in anytime soon? I really need his help over this article…” Chaeyoung said, walking to Nayeon’s desk.

“Jinyoung is taking two days off dear…maybe I could help you instead…” Nayeon answered, taking the file Chaeyoung was holding.

“Two days off? Did he call you?” I asked looking at her.

“Yeah…by the way, what happened last night between you two?”

“Um…I’ll tell you later ok?”

I went back to my desk and took my phone.

To: Jinyoungie

Did something happen? Let’s talk okay? I’ll drop by over your house after work.

Lunch time…

“He has a fiancée?” Nayeon and Jackson said in unison.

“Yeah…I heard him talking…”

“I’ll kill that guy when I saw him…” Nayeon balled her fist.

“You can count me in…I really thought he was single and it’s all my fault…”

“Don’t beat yourself over it Jacks…you didn’t know…” Nayeon rubbed Jackson’s back. “Did you tell him that?” she looked at me.

“I did…but he didn’t believe me…”

I wish I could talk everything out with him. I need to win his heart back.

 

So Mark made up his mind about his feelings towards Jinyoung but will Jinyoung feel the same about him?

Stay tuned for the next update.

Flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!!