CHAPTER 23

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Jinyoung POV

“You’re late…” Nayeon said at me with a stare.

“Sorry…the traffic was bad…”

“Lame excuse…”

I saw Mark handing a glass of drink to Jisoo and a spark of jealousy ignited within me but I quickly ignored the feelings. He looked at me with a smile and I just smiled back out of courtesy, not wanting to make the surrounding becoming awkward.

“Sungjin, meet my officemate…you already know Jackson…”

Jackson shook hands with him.

“That’s Nayeon, Hani noona, Momo, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Jungyeon and Mark…that’s Jisoo, his girlfriend…”

“Hi…nice to meet all of you…”

We were talking when I saw Mr. Kim waved at us from his table.

“I’d love to stay and chat but I think we have to go…” I grabbed Sungjin’s hand, linking our arm together.

“It’s good meeting all of you…ladies…” Sungjin winked receiving squeals from them.

I went to our designated table at the front.

“Hyungnim…” I bowed at Mr. Kim.

“Jinyoung ah…well, look what we have here…” he smiled, looking at Sungjin.

“Sungjin, this is my boss, Kim Heechul, Editor-In-Chief of JStyle…”

The two men shake hands.

“Park Sungjin…”

“Well…it’s good to finally see Jinyoung’s other half…” Mr. Kim said. “Let’s us all have a seat…the event is about to start…”

Sungjin and I sat next to each other with Mr. Kim and other department heads at our table.

“This is cool…” Sungjin leaned over and whispered to my ears.

“Well, it can get a little boring when the board of directors take turns with their speeches…”

“With you next to me, I can go through that all over again if I have to…” he put his hand on top of my thigh, caressing it gently.

“Behave Sungjin…we’re in public…” I glared at him but he just grinned.

“Well, I did try…” he planted a soft kiss on my temple while everyone was focusing on the stage.

Mark POV

“You’re making it obvious Mark…” Jisoo whispered.

“Huh?” I frowned at her.

“I know you couldn’t keep your eyes off Jinyoung…maybe he’s just a date…nothing special…” she patted my arm.

“You really think that?”

The both of us looked at Jinyoung and that guy a few tables away from us. They were laughing and smiling making me anxious…was there something more between them? I hope not.

“Well, I could see that the guy was indeed interested in Jinyoung…”

“I could see that too…”

Then…

“Omo...don’t you think they look the cutest couple ever?” Jihyo squealed. I know she was talking about Jinyoung.

“I thought I was the only one who thinks that way…” Momo added, as the two fist bump each other.

“I mean…just look at them…good job Jackson oppa…” Jihyo nudged Jackson’s arm.

“Hey, just doing my job as a dutiful wing man…” Jackson smirked.

I do not like this.

“Relax…you still can win him over…” Jisoo said.

“I’m so glad someone is on my side…”

The event went on and after a few round of speeches from the directors and the president of the company, it’s time to finally enjoy ourselves. A few well known singers were invited and the party was full on. Jisoo excused herself from our table since her publicist needed her presence.

“Well, well…you brought Jisoo with you…” Jaebum said when he came and sat next to me.

“No…we met at the lobby…besides…I don’t think it’s gonna work between us…”

“What? Why?” Jaebum’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“It just didn’t…Jisoo and I talked about it and we’ve decided that we’re gonna stay friends instead…”

“It’s too bad…I thought everything going on well between you two…”

“What about you? Where’s your date?”

“I’m riding solo tonight…” he grinned. “Looks like one of us is having fun…”

We saw Jinyoung and that guy standing together near the refreshment table. He got his arm around Jinyoung’s waist and whispering ever so closely towards him.

“He’s seeing that guy?” Jaebum asked.

“Maybe…”

“I was about to introduce him to a guy…too bad then…”

“You really have this habit setting people up around you huh?” I stared at him.

“Only when I found the one I think that is right…”

A while later…

Mark was about to come out from the bathroom cubicle when he heard couple of guys talking outside.

“Sungjin ah…I didn’t know you’re close with Park Jinyoung…” one of the guys said.

“I met him couple of weeks ago…his friend introduced us…”

“And he agree going out with you? That’s a surprise…”

“Why?”

“Park Jinyoung is like the hardest shell to crack…do you know how many executives here wanted that hot piece of ?”

“Well, looks like I’m gonna tap that tonight then…” Sungjin laughed.

“Dude, I don’t know how you got him to agree going out with you…but damn!”

“Hey no one can resist the charms of Park Sungjin…”

“Well, you’re quite the player back in our college…”

“Can’t deny that…”

“Hold up…won’t your fiancée blow up if she knows about this?”

“Relax…Moonbyul is in the States right now and besides, there’s no one here except you that knows me…” he winked.

“Dude…you’re truly the definition of the bad guy…”

“Gotta live up to my reputation…”

Mark POV

So that guy already has a fiancée and he still going out with Jinyoung? I can’t let that happen to Jinyoung…he doesn’t deserve that jerk. I finally got out from the cubicle when I heard them walking out of the bathroom.

I look around and saw Jinyoung and that guy were dancing together at the dance floor. I walked closer and I know Jinyoung was surprised to see me there.

“May I?” I said calmly. I wish I could punch that guy’s face right away.

“Mark?”

“It’s just a dance…”

I pulled Jinyoung’s arm and wrapped my own around his waist. That guy just stood there and I could care less what he thinks of me right now.

“Um…I’ll just go and get a drink…Jinyoung ah, you want one?”

“No thanks…”

And he walked away.

“What do you think you’re doing Mr. Tuan?” Jinyoung stared at me.

“Dancing with you…”

“And why? Aren’t you afraid other seeing you like this with me?”

“Let them see…I don’t care…”

“Well, I do…”

He wanted to walk away but I pulled him closer and our chests bumped against each other.

“Mark…”

“Are you happy going out with that piece of scum?” I said.

“Scum? For your information, Sungjin happened to be a very nice guy, he’s not afraid to show who he was…and more importantly, he’s not like you…”

“Do you know he dated girls?”

“And your point is? He can be biual for all I care…”

“And he has a fiancée in the States right now…”

I saw the flicker of surprised in Jinyoung’s eyes.

“Now you’re making up stories…”

Jinyoung POV

“Now you’re making up stories…” I said, pushing him away.

I wanted to walk away but he grabbed my wrist.

“Let me go!”

My voice was loud enough to make a few wondering eyes focusing on us.

“Please Jinyoung, listen to me!” he said with his grip still on my wrist.

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m telling you the truth!”

“I really doubt that…”

“But you deserved better than that Jinyoung…I could swear on my mother’s name that I’m not lying to you…”

“Whatever…”

I pulled my hands away and walked out. I need to get out of here. The one night that I thought I could have fun turned out to be a nightmare. I was reaching the lobby when Mark pulled me by the elbow.

“What?!” I yelled. I saw heads turned around towards us.

“Listen to me…I’m not making things up…I’m telling you the truth…”

“Whatever…I don’t care…”

“Please…just give me another chance…I swear I won’t hurt you…”

“And why should I do that?”

“Because…because I still love you…”

I didn’t know what came over me but one hard slap landed on his face…my palm was stinging.

“Don’t!” I stared at him.

“I still do Jinyoung!”

“Please don’t insult me anymore Mark…I’ve had enough of your bull…for weeks I was hoping to hear that but you…just go back to that girl…do me a favor and leave me alone…”

I saw Sungjin running towards me.

“Jinyoung ah…you ok?”

“Yeah…look, can we go now? I don’t feel too good…”

“Sure…I’ll go get the car…”

I turned around and went towards the entrance way leaving Mark behind.

 

An update!

Flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!