CHAPTER 19

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

I’m really not in the mood to go out today…I just want to stay at home and do nothing…but then again, my mind would go back to Jinyoung and the guilt will slowly eat me from the inside.

“What are we doing here Jae?” I said as Jaebum arrived at the small café that he asked me to meet.

“Okay, this must too sudden but I really want you to meet someone…”

“Meet someone?” I frowned.

“Well, yeah…you know it’s not healthy being cooped up with your work without going out right?”

“Whatever…” I rolled my eyes. So much for the intro…coming from someone who edits writings for living.

“Anyway…her name is Jisoo and remembers the book that has the best seller I’ve told you?”

I nodded.

“She was the author…a very nice girl…a former model…your style.”

My style? Well, my style now have sharp jawline, a pair of beautiful brown eyes and peachy …I should stop thinking about Jinyoung…

“So all this just because you set me up on a blind date?”

“Yeah…it can’t be that bad…you used to like it when I set you up with girls…” he stared at me.

The problem is, girls are the last things I’m interested right now.

Then…

“Jaebum ssi…”

We both looked over and there’s a woman standing a few feet away waving at us. She had long, wavy brown hair and dressed in a cute floral skirt and top.

“Jisoo ssi…” Jaebum got up and escorted her to our table.

“Sorry I’m late…my publicist had to stop me to sign some document.”

“It’s okay…we just got here anyway…c’mon…”

I got up pulled her a chair…I may not liking this but I’m still gonna be a gentleman.

“Mark this is Jisoo…and Jisoo, this is Mark…my best friend.”

I shake her hand with a smile. This gonna be a long day…

Jinyoung POV

I just got back sending my mom back home when someone knocked on my door. I opened it and saw Jaebum standing there with bag of groceries.

“I don’t think I ordered any of those…” I said as he walked inside.

“I know…it’s just that I’m hungry and I don’t feel like eating alone…” he said, making his way to the kitchen with me following him.

“And where’s your girlfriend? Shouldn’t you go out with her instead coming to my place?”

“Well, we broke up last week and I know that you’d be home…” he grinned.

Jaebum and I became good friends since we know each other through Mark as we shared a few things in common.

“So, where is Mark?” I asked as I watched him maneuvered through my kitchen preparing our lunch. I hate to ask that question but I had too since the three of us usually hangout together (even before Mark and I involved with each other)

“Mark? He’s probably busy right now…where’s the frying pan?”

“Third drawer on your left…busy? It’s our day off…what possibly he be busy with?”

“Date…” he said with a smile.

“Date?”

“Yeah…I just set him up on a blind date today…”

“Blind date?” did I hear that right?

“Yup…there’s this girl I know, Kim Jisoo, a former model turned writer and I used to be her editor…”

“Ohh…”

“And I just had to introduce Mark to her…since I think they will look great together…”

I think I had trouble breathing just thinking about Mark and that girl. He’s really had no intention mending our relationship. I supposed I should do the same thing then…suddenly I feel like crying.

“Dude, you ok?”

“Yeah…I’m…I’m good…”

“Relax, even if Mark gets along with Jisoo, he’s not the types that ditch his friends for girl…we still can hang out together with him…and Jisoo is a great girl…you’ll like her too…”

Is it me or the kitchen suddenly felt stuffy?

*****************************************

Mark POV

“So, you’ve been here with us for the last 5 months and I really like your work ethic Mark…” Mr. Kim said. He called me into his office and I was nervous what he has to say since I’ve passed my trial period.

“Thank you Mr. Kim…”

“My assistant had nothing but good praises about you…and Jinyoung is not easy with compliments…”

I just sat there listening to him.

“I really want you to stay with us and expand your horizon but if you feel like you want to return to your old position with the books department, I won’t hold you back…I promised Hyunwoo that I would give you a chance to choose your own path…so, what do you say?”

“I’ll stay Mr. Kim…I really like this place, and all of my colleagues have been a big help for me adapting…and I think I’m more comfortable here…”

“Great then…I’ll have Nayeon make an official letter of recruitment for you…”

I walked out with a huge relief. I did think about returning to my old job for a reason or two but I liked being here…and besides, I don’t think I could survive a day without seeing Jinyoung’s face or least hearing his voice…even though I know he’s hating me right now.

I saw Jinyoung went to the pantry and I followed him. He was clearly shocked to see me coming in and he was quick trying to avoid me at all cost.

“I’m a permanent resident here now…” I said standing next to him in front of the coffee machine.

“Congrats…” he said shortly, without even looking.

“Mr. Kim said and I quote ‘has nothing but good praises for you’…” I saw him flinched a little. “Despite what happened between us…thank you…”

“You don’t have to thank me…it’s work related and I still know how to separate work from personal issues…I just do my job as Assistant Editor-In-Chief…” he grabbed his mug and left.

I stayed in the pantry for a while before coming out and went back to my desk. I walked over and saw Jackson at Jinyoung’s desk.

“Oh c’mon…just this once…” he pleaded, holding Jinyoung’s arm.

“Nope!”

“You need to get out and meet people sometimes…”

“No thanks…I like my life just fine…go set someone else up…”

“One blind date doesn’t hurt…and this guy is right up your alley…he’s cute, nice and he has a great singing voice…”

“I just don’t feel like going out on blind date…end of story…” Jinyoung got up and left.

Jackson sighed and looked at me.

“Can you believe that guy? I tried so hard finding him a man but he just rejects him even before meeting…”he said with sagging shoulders.

“Maybe he just doesn’t want to…” somehow I felt relieved.

“Can you talk to him instead? Maybe he would listen to you…”

“Me?”

“Yeah, why not?”

Could I really do that? It’s like I was pushing him towards another man and do I really want that to happen?

 

Double update since I hit 160+ subbers!!!! Confetti and balloon rain for me!!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!