CHAPTER 17

NO LABELS, WE JUST LOVE EACH OTHER

Mark POV

This is for the better.

I kept on chanting those words as I left Jinyoung. I know I hurt him but there’s no other options the way I see it.

“Mark wait!” I turned around and saw Jinyoung came running towards me.

He grabbed me by the wrist and stopped my track.

“Can’t we at least talk about this? I know you don’t mean anything you said back in there…” he pleaded.

“No…I was serious about everything…” I tried to put on my very best poker face.

“Mark please…”

“No Jinyoung…I’m not like you…I’m not gay…”

“You’re not?”

“Yeah…what we had is just …I was curious and you’re the one that convenient…”

The lies…I feel like throwing up after spewing those words to Jinyoung. It’s not just about between Jinyoung and I…we’re more than that.

“Honestly, I prefer girls…I mean, it’s more socially acceptable than being with another man…my family has no problem approving that…”

Jinyoung slowly letting of my hand.

“Can I ask you something?” he muttered slowly.

“Sure…”

“After all this while…do you even have feelings for me? Just a tiny bit?”

“Well…yeah…you’re a good friend…”

“A friend huh? Fine…if this what you want…I’m not gonna hold you back…”

Jinyoung turned around and went towards his car.

I’m so sorry Jinyoung ah…this is the only way I could think of right now.

Jinyoung POV

I’d would be lying if I say that I’m not hurt…it was painful like hell! How could he casually say those words? Convenient? Me? I guess I’m the stupid one who fall for him…I really thought we had a thing going on but that was just me. I understand if he said his family opposing our relationship, I’d be more than willing to persuade them…at least fight for it, but he decided that this gay stuff isn’t for him. it felt like someone just kicked me hard on the gut and I was left curling in pain in the corner.

“Jinyoung ah…you’re home?” my mom’s voice greeted me when I walked into my apartment.

She walked out from the kitchen with an apron around her while holding a ladle.

“I made some kimchi stew…extra meat, just the way you like it…wash up and then you can eat…”

“Omma…”

I went towards her and hugged her tiny frame tightly. The tears I was holding earlier finally flowed down my cheeks.

“Omma…” I sobbed.

“Hey…what’s wrong honey? You okay?” her hands soothingly rubbed my back.

“No…I’m not okay…”

I cried my eyes out, dampening the blouse that my mom’s wearing. She whispered comforting words, consoling me until my tears subdued.

“Aigoo…my boy is an ugly crier…” she wiped the tears I had with her thumb. “How are you gonna find a man looking like this? My son is a prince…”

“Omma…”

“So, you gonna tell me who made you cry like this? Let me meet this boy and give him a piece of my mind and a taste of my stainless steel ladle…”

“He’s not worth it omma…”

“You wanna talk about it honey?”

“Later…when did you get here? And where’s appa?”

“Well, your dad went sea fishing with his buddies in Sokcho…I had nothing to do at home so I came here instead, so I could baby you while he’s gone...it’s a good thing that I came huh?”

I just nodded. Looks like the both of us gonna stay up all night.

Mark POV

I just stared at my shot glass filled with whiskey…millions of thought running through my mind and it mostly was Jinyoung oriented. I did the right thing right? But why does it feel like that I made the biggest mistake in my life?

“If you’re planning on getting drunk, you better drink up…”

I looked aside and saw Kim Namjoon, one of the well-known music producers in the country. He produced countless of hit songs for idols and other artists and I used to be his book editor when he first got into the writing scene.

“Namjoon ah…”

“Hey hyung…” he sat next to me. “Got dump by a date?” he said with a smile, his dimples were visible.

“Kinda…what brings you here?”

“Meeting a friend…so you really got dump by a date?”

“Not really…I just had some things in my mind…” I finally took a shot of the whiskey.

“I could be your drinking buddy tonight…one martini please…” Namjoon ordered.

“Are you sure?”

“I could use a drink or two…”

“Okay…let’s drink then…”

I know getting drunk it’s not gonna solve the guilt that I have but neither will milk…so bottoms up then!

Kim Seok Jin was just finished cleaning his precious kitchen when he heard someone press the passcode to the door. He quickly went to the front and saw his boyfriend came in with a guy.

“Babe?” he said as Namjoon hauled the guy inside, walking to the living room. “If you really want to cheat on me, you should bring a guy while I’m not around…” he chuckled.

“I know but this is emergency…this is Mark hyung…he used to be my editor…my first book…” Namjoon laid semi-conscious Mark on the couch, using cushion to become his temporary pillow.

“Okay…you reeked of alcohol…have you been drinking?” Seok Jin frowned.

“A little…he’s the one that drunk as a skunk…”

“I could see that…”

“I have to bring him back since I don’t know his place…you’re not mad are you?”

“Of course not…” Seok Jin patted Namjoon’s . “You did the right thing…it’s not like we could leave him on the street this time of the night…”

“Thank you babe…” Namjoon placed a soft kiss on Seok Jin’s lips. “Hmm…cherry…my fave…” another peck.

“We’re not gonna do anything tonight okay? Not when we have other people in here…”

“Yeah…I don’t want others to hear you screaming my name…” Namjoon winked.

“ert!”

“Jinyoung ah…Park Jinyoung…I…love…I love you…” Mark murmured under his breath.

Namjoon and Seok Jin looked at each other.

Jinyoung POV

“Jinyoung ah…you’re not going to work?” I heard my mom calling from outside of my room.

“Coming omma…”

I walked out and delicious smell attacked my senses.

“Soybean paste stews extra tofu…just the way my baby likes it…” my mom said, putting a bowl of steaming rice in front of me.

“You’re the best omma…”

“Have a good sleep last night?” she looked at me.

“Kinda…”

Well, not really…I kept thinking about Mark mostly. I should’ve known better than to get involved with a straight guy but it seems like my heart and mind are not on the same page. I don’t know what’s next for us…I mean…did he really just use me for experiments? We’re still gonna have to face each other since we worked at the same place.

“What are you waiting for? Eat…or you’ll gonna be late…”

“Nae…”

I finished my breakfast and get ready for work…breaking up or anything; I still have responsibilities to be taken care of.

“This is nice…” my mom walked in with a necktie in her hand. “You should wear this today…”

I take a look and it was Mark’s tie, he must’ve left it here the last time he came by.

“Nahhh…not feeling it today…” I grabbed my other tie. “So, when appa will be back?”

“Hmm…in three days…he’s having so much fun with his fishing buddies…”

“Is that mean you’re gonna stay here until he came back?”

“Why? Are you chasing me out now?” she stared at me, pouting. My mom can be so cute sometimes. No wonder my dad marries her.

“Of course not…I’m just happy you’re gonna be here with me…” I hugged her.

At least with her around, I won’t be bored and keep thinking about Mark.

Mark POV

I woke up with a headache as if someone just dumped a whole truck of stone on me. I looked around and realized that this place looks unfamiliar.

“Good, you’re up…”

A guy came and put a glass of amber colored water on the coffee table.

“Sorry for making you sleep on the couch…the guest bedroom is kind of mess…”

“Where am I? Did I get into the wrong house? Oh my god…” I started to ramble.

I must looked like when he suddenly chuckling.

“No…my boyfriend brought you here…”

“Boyfriend?”

“Good morning hyung…”

I saw Namjoon walking out from the back room.

“Namjoon ah…”

“I didn’t know your address so I had to bring you here…this is Seok Jin…my boyfriend…”

“Boyfriend?”

I looked at the guy…he was quite a looker, almost like a model. But the last time I saw Namjoon, he was actually engaged to a woman.

Namjoon and I were in the kitchen when Seok Jin came.

“I’ve prepared your lunch, just put it in the microwave and press start…nothing else…” he said, staring at Namjoon.

“Yes dear…”

“Please don’t burn anything…I know you have the money to replace it all but I just don’t want you to ruin my kitchen ok?”

“Yes, yes…you don’t have to worry…”

“How can I not be? You’re supposed to burn the food not the pan…”

“It happened once…”

“And it can happen again if I let you cook…good seeing you Mark ssi…I’d love to stay and chat but the restaurant is short of crew and I had to fill in…”

“Be careful okay babe…” Namjoon kissed his cheek. “I’ll stop by later ok?”

“Okay…bye!”

When Seok Jin left…

“I bet you’re wondering why I’m living with a guy right hyung?” Namjoon said as we eat.

“Well…yeah…didn’t you get engaged with a woman before?”

“I did…but it’s not working…I got cheated on…and then I met Seok Jin hyung…”

“Hyung?”

“Yeah…he was three years older than me…long story short; we get to know each other, become friends and then I really fall for him…weird huh?” he giggled.

“Not really…I can relate…”

“You do? Anyway…we’ve been together almost two years now…and I’ve never been happier…never in my life I’d imagine that I would be in love with a guy and I did…”

“What about your family? Are they accepting?”

“Well, mine is…but not Seok Jin hyung…his family kicked him out…”

“They did?”

“Yeah…but we’re trying to persuade them…now his sisters are on our side…his parents are old school so they’re a bit tough…but we’re not giving up…there’s no parents in this world that hate their children…”

Hearing Namjoon’s words made me thinking.

 

Another update...is everything over between Mark and Jinyoung? Stay tuned for the next update!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!

p/s: I just had to include Namjoon and Jin as a cameo...NamJin is one of my fave ships in Kpop...