x9 ❀

Fari Lamoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon arriving at the greenery, Taehyung threw his head back. "This sweet smell." He inhaled deeply. "I'm in love."

Jungkook paid him no attention as he slid the key into the lock. The door did not budge. He sighed. The last time he had been here was nearly four weeks ago. He thought the school would have greased the hinges by now.

"I would never have guessed I smelled this good." Taehyung pressed a finger to the tip of his nose as he continued inhaling the smell of the tulips off to the side of the building. "Smelled?" He furrowed his brows and lowered his gaze. "Smell..." Bringing his sweater sleeve up to his face, he said: "Jungkook?"

"What?" 

"Can you smell me?"

Jungkook let the chain drop from around the handlebars. He turned to face Taehyung with a disgruntled expression. "What, why? Why would I do that?"

Taehyung grinned. "So that I can know if I smell good, silly."

Jungkook turned away. "I'm not sniffing you."

"Than maybe you'd like to taste me." 

Jungkook grimaced. "Absolutely not."

Taehyung pouted. He took a step forward. Jungkook felt the hairs on the sides of his arms stand up despite the lack of proximity.

"How about a nip? You'll have to choose."

Jungkook knew not to turn around unless he wanted to give Taehyung reason to believe he was invested in this ludicrous conversation but the warmth radiating from his body was too immediate to ignore. So Jungkook did the one thing he knew would put him in place. 

He brought the heel of his foot down onto his toes.

There was an audible crunch followed immediately thereafter by a loud yelp. Jungkook turned with a look of feigned surprise. "What happened?"

Taehyung whimpered. "Jungkook, you're too mean." He wrapped his hand around the tip of his shoe and gripped. He hissed. "I didn't do anything wrong."

"Think again." He turned away before Taehyung had the chance to say anything else.

The two stepped inside to a greenery full of carefully labeled pots and tubes. There were multiple interlocked metal wheelers that extended to the far end of the glass dome. The plants varied in shape and design. Everything from thick leaves with sharpened edges meant to resemble the fine tips of a knife's blade to plump stalks that contained more than enough water to supply a quenched man with half his daily sustenance embraced the plants laid out over the wheelers in perfect order down both lines. 

At the very end of the greenery was a banana plant that would one day be too tall to keep indoors. Jungkook wondered if the school would replant it outside or donate it to one of the many hospices in town.

"You poor thing!" Taehyung shouted before Jungkook could detract from his thoughts. He turned to see Taehyung fly past in a blur of limbs and bouncing hair. Ignoring the need to tell him to be careful, Jungkook strolled after him with an exasperated sigh.

Taehyung had stopped before an Ostrich fern whose fronds had been prevented from scorching any further. "I saw the sun today." A pause as he pressed his fingers to the leaves. "Yes. I have a pair of eyes now."

Jungkook frowned. "Do you understand what they're saying? Are you communicating?" 

Taehyung hummed. "In a way, I guess you could say. Though, we don't speak to one another through words. Actually, we don't say anything." He pulled back to analyze the plant as a whole. "We use our perception of pain and pleasure to communicate." Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but Taehyung kept going. "We- Before I came into my previous owner's care, I couldn't formulate ideas or hypothesize or even daydream. My world revolved arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter