x13 ❀

Fari Lamoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're still one member short." Namjoon grumbled.

 

"Like we don't already know that," Jungkook retorted.

 

The boys sat in a circle on the gym floor. They had decided to convene before Jungkook's last class of the day to discuss the upcoming tournament.

 

"Keep on with that attitude and you'll have an accident on the court."

 

"I'm not here to be kind."

 

Jinho plucked a ball of fuzz from his black pullover while Krill glanced back and forth between the two.

 

"And I'm not here to take your bull. I don't have to-"

 

"Shorts."

 

Everyone turned to look at Seokjin who was slipping his glasses back onto his face. An incredulous look took form over Jungkook's face. He opened his mouth to ask if Seokjin was talking to him when Namjoon spoke in his wake.

 

"What is it?"

 

"We should discuss the topic of our missing member after we get our supervisor to actually, well, supervise us."

 

Namjoon leaned forward. The marker fell out of his hand. "You don't mean-"

 

Seokjin nodded. He pulled out a binder from his bookbag. The members all leaned in as he flipped to a certain page. "Rules state that a team can only participate if and when they have the support of at least one benefactor." Without stopping to take in their reactions, Seokjin pointed to the clause in question. The nearly paragraph-long phrase had been highlighted and marked with a number 4 in purple ink.

 

Namjoon's brow creased as he pulled the binder out from underneath Seokjin's finger. "Can't we get your dad to agree?"

 

Seokjin shook his head. "Even if he did say yes, the benefactor has to be an official registrate from the school the team is representing."

 

Namjoon ran a hand through his hair as a forced chuckle slipped free from his lips. He looked up at Seokjin. "Well? What are we waiting for? He's not getting any stupider."

 

Jungkook munched on a bag of chips as he waited for the facetime call to go through. One ring. Two. Three...

 

Jungkook could see Jinho eyeing his food from the corner of his eye. Sighing, he reached into his bag. "Here," he said as he threw the only other bag of chips he had on him.

 

"Dude. Thanks."

 

A low guttural sound erupted from Namjoon's throat. "Seokjin. Call him."

 

"Okay."

 

"And he better pick up."

 

One ring. Two. Three...

 

The standard voicemail queue erupted from the phone's speakers. Namjoon snatched the phone up off the floor. "I swear on your if you don't pick this phone up I'll be tempted"—the call went through but Namjoon was too immersed in his world to notice—"to slit your jet's wheels and-"

 

There was a punctuated hello. "Nice to hear from you, too, Namjoon."

 

Namjoon sat down. "So you decide to pick up."

 

"Best vacation I've taken so far."

 

Namjoon scoffed. "Well, whatever. Sign us up for the S/S Mini Cup in Busan. The registration deadline is this Friday."

 

"Sorry, kiddo."

 

Namjoon's jaw tensed. "Sorry about what?"

 

"No can do."

 

"May I-"

 

There was a giggle followed by a high-pitched snicker from the other end. Namjoon's face went completely still.

 

"Because I'd have to be present to sign you up. And honestly, the girls here are too beautiful to ski-"

 

"Shut up."

 

"What was that?"

 

"I told you to shut up."

 

Jungkook stopped chewing. He looked towards the others who had their eyes trained every which way but on Namjoon.

 

"The one time I ask you for a favor, you don't pull through." Namjoon stood up. "You would think you could put a little more effort into us but I'm tired of ting myself into believing you could change. We've never been a priority. Hell, we don't even take a bottom position on your list of important things. I'm tired of this. Have fun wherever the you are."

 

Namjoon hung up. "Let's run," he said.

 

Meanwhile, in Brazil, Bomsoo stared at his phone. "This kid." He tsked. "Really." He twisted around in his seat until his bare feet lay flat on the sand. A pair of tan arms wrapped around his neck. Short, smooth clumps of black hair spiraled over the back of his head. Her soft chest hugged the back of his neck.

 

"Otra margarita?" she asked.

 

✿✿✿

 

On their way to the track fields, Krill spotted Taehyung walking up to them. He shot his hand up to wave.

 

"What?" Jungkook said. "Do you have a built-in radar?"

 

Krill blushed. He dropped his hand to his chest. "No. I just. Well, I mean..."

 

Jungkook shook his head. "I wasn't-"

 

"Krill!"

 

Taehyung waved. Krill returned the greeting with an imp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter