x6 ❀

Fari Lamoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook's stomach lurched forward. He opened his eyes to see the rush of crystal clear teal water. His heart slammed into his chest and his muscles tensed up. He shut his eyes again. The water was so deep it almost appeared black. How long would it take him to sink to the very bottom? The fear in his mind intensified until it felt like a slab of concrete he could grab from the base of his neck.

Jungkook's body slammed into the water.

He wanted to scream—to let out the fright that gripped his insides like a butcher ready to slaughter—but his body didn't respond to the desperate signals his brain fired at it.

His eyes shot open as soon as the water slipped into his nose, his ears. The walls were so far away and the floor felt like it would take ages to reach. He stretched both hands up towards the surface but no one was keyed into his existence. Jungkook could barely just make out two figures before the rush of water in his ears yanked his attention away from the surface and to his own flailing state of despair.

The figures disappeared and Jungkook's ability to think blurred into oblivion.

#

Taehyung's hands shook as he raised the rock high into the air. He had been trying to break down the door for the past few minutes. Despite the soreness that was beginning to consume every muscle in his hands and arms, he wasn't about to give up. He had to get inside.

Taking a steady breath in, he brought the rock down into the handlebar with such an intensity that an uncomfortable vibration rattled the bones in his wrist. He grit his teeth. There was a soft Chik from the other side before the door crept open. Rock still in hand, Taehyung pushed his foot into the door. The chain that had been looped around the inside handlebars clanged against glass as the door swung open.

Taehyung tumbled in. The rock flew out of his hand. He looked out over the space to see it devoid of people. Taehyung refused to give into the throbbing pain in his ankle. He shot to his feet and darted for the door at the other end of the entrance. He skidded to a stop in front of the shallow end and dropped to his knees. Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. He picked himself up again and darted for the other end, nearly tripping over his undone shoelaces.

His heart caught in his throat as soon as he reached the deep end. Jungkook was not moving. Taehyung stripped himself of his sweatshirt and shoes before plunging headfirst into the chilly water. He kept his eyes trained on Jungkook as he moved down towards the swimming pool floor. Once there, Taehyung wrapped his arm underneath Jungkook's armpits and without a breath to waste, swam back up towards the surface.

Taehyung shoved Jungkook up onto the side of the pool before clambering in out after him. He rolled him onto his back and stopped. His mind hadn't been wired to know what to do in situations like these. He fluttered about Jungkook's still body before ultimately dropping down to his knees. He winced as the weight of his body crashed down onto his ankle.

"Jungkook, please. Please wake up."

Taehyung felt an unfamiliar prick form at the base of his lashes. He disregarded the sudden tightening of his chest to repeatedly slap Jungkook across the cheek. "Please wake up." When that didn't work, Taehyung stood up on his knees and flipped him over onto his side so that he could hit him in the back. "Please." Thwack, thwack, thwack.

Something liquidy and warm dropped down from his eyes and dribbled down over his cheeks. Taehyung reached up to rub at his eyes. When he pulled his hand back down to take a look, he was surprised to discover a thin layer of water nestled onto the skin.

Taehyung rolled Jungkook back over onto his back. He folded his hands together and laid them over Jungkook's chest. His bangs clung to his eyes, further obscuring his view but he ignored them.

Pressing all of his weight and energy into the moment, Taehyung shoved his entertwined hands into Jungkook's chest. "Wake up! You can't go away!" He repeated the motion but Jungkook did not stir. Taehyung shook his head. "You can't." He took a shaky breath in. "I wasn't able to say it before so, now that I can, I'll say it as many times as it takes to keep you here." He bit back the uncontrollable sadness that threatened to consume his thoughts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter