❀❀❀❀

Fari Lamoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shopping centre was filled with people buzzing about street vendors and store-fronts. The light smell of linen and roses was temporarily punctuated by the smell of barbeque chicken and fried onions. Men of varying sizes, builds and fashion choices lingered amongst the open areas not already occupied by the groups of women who were hoping to fetch a nice selection of men from the clothes they donned.

Jungkook angled his body past a pair of girls who were bent over their phones. He glanced over his shoulder to see Taehyung getting caught up between two groups that hadn't noticed him trying to squeeze through.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Jungkook doubled back. He slapped a hand over Taehyung's wrist and as he swiveled around, nearly crashed into a woman who was drawing circles into the fur ball dangling from her metallic purse.

"Hey! Aren't you going to apologize?"

"What for? Nothing happened."

The girl glanced down at their intertwined hands with slitted eyes. She snarled and said, "Have fun," in a derisive way before turning away.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked.

"Couldn't be any better." Jungkook cast a disgruntled look over his shoulder. "Look, I told you to stick close."

Taehyung looked down at his shoes. The people blurred past and the voices streamed by. He grabbed ahold of Jungkook's wrist with his free hand and gently peeled back his fingers. Jungkook slowed down but otherwise continued to keep his eyes trained on the road before him.

"I can keep up."

Jungkook looked back to see a grinning Taehyung.

"Promise."

Jungkook pursed his lips. He threw his hand up over the back of his head and winced. The bump was there now.

"Come on." He waited for Taehyung to breach the gap between them before walking on alongside him. He felt a few fingers brush up against his arms and waist and yet, despite this, continued to keep pace with Taehyung who seemed to be taking in everything from the sights to the smells and sounds.

They arrived at their destination to see the store devoid of people. Jungkook felt his muscles relax. He nearly smiled as he stepped inside. The soft blare of a flute being played to the beat of some drums cascaded over the entirety of the small square shop. The sound was much better than the elevator music played by some of the other department stores Jungkook had shopped at prior to having discovered Madam Tzi's. The very few people who visited her store were either awfully curious to venture this far out of the shopping centre's center or, like Jungkook, longtime loyal customers.

What Jungkook liked best about the store was that no one ever bothered him with useless questions like "What can I help you with?" or "Are you looking for something in particular?" Whichever worker was on shift at the moment left him to his own devices. If he wanted help, he would very well ask for it.

"We should get couple rings," Taehyung said as he stepped in after Jungkook.

"They wouldn't sell them here. Okay, look,"—Jungkook turned to face Taehyung who was now messing around with his bangs—"While I look for some clothes, head on over to the back and search for some underwear. Pick some out that say 90% or 100% cotton. Understood?"

Taehyung nodded but slowed his vehement pace to a barely visible tick when he noticed Jungkook hadn't waited for his response. He gave the air before him a mischievous grin. "Jungkook didn't say anything against looking..." Taehyung trailed off to the other side of the store.

Taehyung stopped before the glass countertop off to the far right of the store. Inside the glass cubicles were piles of watches, jewels and best of all, rings. Taehyung's eyes flared bright with enthusiasm. He pressed his nose into the glass and momentarily lost himself to the way a cloud of smoke spread out over the wall with each breath.

A young woman of around 20 stepped out from behind the curtain and greeted Taehyung with a bow. She made for the cushioned seat at the other end of the glass cubicles when Taehyung shot up off of the floor. The girl squeaked as she jumped back, her body nearly smacking into the cupboards full of lace and trim behind her.

"Miss, are you the one in charge of this station?" Taehyung's smile did not lose its vitality.

"Y-yes?" She straightened up and smoothed her shirt down before answering in a more authoritative voice. "Yes."

"Could you get me one of each of those rings?" Taehyung pointed to a cluster of rings sprawled out across the second tier. They were nearly obscured by the shadow cast by a golden box.

A soft bubblegum pink spread over the bridge of the girl's nose. She swallowed hard. "W-w-what size?"

"Taehyung! Make sure you pick out a large!" came Jungkook's muffled voice from the other end of the store.

The red brightened across her nose and quickly overtook the apples of her cheeks and the tips of her ears. "I- W-we only sell by inches. D-diameter, you know?"

Taehyung stuck the tip of his tongue out over the left side of his mouth as he contemplated translating the diameter of his finger to inches. "Can you look at me and guess?" His bangs flopped over onto his forehead, obscuring his eyes. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter