x8 ❀

Fari Lamoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time Jungkook had given up on trying to write his resignation letter, the birds had stopped chirping. Now night began to lurk around the corner of every building.

Letting out a deep sigh, Jungkook pushed the laptop away before leaning his temple up against the side of his arm. The warm orange glow of the chinese lantern hanging above his door lit up the surrounding shadows that encircled his room.

His attention still on the lantern, Jungkook brought his fingers up to his face and dragged them along the soft, chapped flesh of his bottom lip. He drank in the thin, slightly raised texture of the scar and immediately thought of Taehyung.

Jungkook snapped out of his daze. Taehyung.

The chair nearly tipped over as he dashed for his desk. Ignoring the papers that had fallen onto the ground, Jungkook dropped to his knees and rummaged through the contents of each drawer until he found the thing that he was looking for.

Taking the yellow handle in his hand, he brought the dusty mirror up to his lips and true to what he already knew, the only way someone could know he had a scar right there was to be extremely up close to his face.

A burst of heat tore over his ears. Had Taehyung... Had he... Immersed in his thoughts, Jungkook sped towards the door but stopped short of taking another heavy-footed step into the hallway when he spotted the reason for his recent troubles. Taehyung was curled up into a ball beside his door, his arms pulled into his sweater sleeves.

Jungkook leaned up against the wall on the other side, his hand falling away from the doorknob as his legs slid out from underneath his weight. The idea of confronting Taehyung suddenly seemed asinine. Why was he willing to accuse Taehyung of something he maybe hadn't done? Whatever emotion had been running through his blood hadn't let him see the situation for what it was. A misunderstanding on his part... Quite possibly. Jungkook sighed and threw his head back against the wall. He had been upset without knowing for sure that Taehyung had given him CPR.

Jungkook brought his hands up into his lap. The thin skin showed the tiny knicks brought about by the fits of uncontrollable rage and resentment towards the one man whom he had given his respect and adoration to: his father.

Jungkook blinked and the wounds were gone. Taehyung stirred. Jungkook waited until he stilled before disappearing into the living room. Moments later, he reappeared with a cover that he tucked in around Taehyung's figure. He stood back to make sure he hadn't missed a spot before turning away.

Jungkook hadn't taken but three steps into his room before he was back at Taehyung's side with a scowl. His conscience had gotten to the core of his kindness. He couldn't very well leave him here on the cold, hard floor.

Throwing the blanket over his shoulder, Jungkook pulled Taehyung up into a sitting position. He proceeded to lay down onto the floor in front of him, legs spread wide around either side of his body. Reaching back with both arms, Jungkook took Taehyung by the elbows and pulled him forward until his chest lay flat against his backside. A dribble of saliva plopped down onto a spot near his shoulder blade as he stood up with Taehyung wrapped around his back. Jungkook bit back a groan.

"You weigh a lot," he whispered.

Silence.

Jungkook snickered. "You're a sack of potatoes."

Silence.

Livened up by the ability to speak his mind without a response from Taehyung, Jungkook opened his mouth to say something else when the sound of glass shattering filtered into the darkness. Jungkook's body stilled. He held the ball of saliva in his throat for what felt like an eternity. When it was evident that Taehyung wouldn't wake, Jungkook began his trek towards the living room.

Once at the couch, Jungkook took one of Taehyung's hands in his own before slipping the other one off of his shoulder. The faux leather crinkled as Taehyung's weight sunk into the cushions. Once Taehyung was settled, Jungkook checked to make sure that no part of his body was dangling over the edge.

Jungkook caught a glimpse of the moon on his way back to his room. Once inside the sweet confines of his true abode, Jungkook leaned his back up against the wooden surface. He let his legs slide out from underneath him until gravity finished the job of pulling him down to the ground. The silence wrapped around him like a blanket but unlike other times, Jungkook didn't revel in the em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter