Manager Park

Manager Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked himself over in the mirror, brushing back his hair and adjusting his jacket from time to time. It was until Chanyeol was satisfied with his appearance that he made his way out of the bathroom and to the kitchen. Chanyeol made himself a quick meal — just salad and a glass of orange juice to go with it — for breakfast before he was out of his apartment, on his way to his job.  

          It was nearing noon so the street and pavements were piled with vehicles and people respectively, rushing to and fro. The sun was high up in sky, shining its beams down at all things that move down below on the ground. The additional heat from the sun just served to make the already busy city even livelier. 

          It didn't take Chanyeol long until he arrived to his destination, stopping in front of a flight of steps to a tall building. Chanyeol looked up and admired the skyscraper, its window panes reflecting off the sunlight and almost blinding the male. This would be the place that Chanyeol will be working at from today onwards. 

          XOE Entertainment is a famous entertainment company which held many talented people, their people ranging from actors and actresses to singers. XOE Entertainment is however mostly known to have made some of the best K-Pop boy bands and girl groups in the whole of Seoul. XOE Entertainment is basically the entertainment that everyone wants to be in and other entertainments wish to be. 

          Chanyeol felt a surge of pride at the thought that he would be working in this company starting from this day — although, not as an entertainer but instead as a manager. Chanyeol had gone through an interview the day before and was accepted into the company, telling him that his job start on this very day and that he had to meet the entertainer that he would be working with. Chanyeol took in a deep breath before walking up the stairs and pushing pass the glass doors. 

          The inside of the building was just as busy as the roads and pavements outside. Workers were rushing around and trying to get things sent and done whereas assistants followed their assigned idols and actors around as the people they worked for told them things in rapid fire. The whole place was noisy with busy people and Chanyeol didn't know where to begin. 

          There was a security guard by the doorway and Chanyeol was stopped from going any further into the building as he was asked, "What is your business here?" 

          Chanyeol was surprised by the security guard for only a moment, but he quickly registered what the guard said and regained his posture, taking out his worker card and showing it to the guard — luckily, every workers of the XOE Entertainment company gets to receive a member card upon getting a job here in the building. 

          The security guard took the worker card and scanned it, grunting in approval and returning it to Chanyeol before stepping back, "Welcome to XOE Entertainment, Mr Park." 

          Chanyeol flashed the security guard a smile before making his way to the reception counter. 

          The reception was at the far end of the lobby and Chanyeol immediately made his way to the table where a woman sat behind a computer. The woman was typing away at something on her keyboard, her spectacles almost dropping off from her nose as her eyes glued to the screen. The woman definitely had not noticed Chanyeol coming over. 

          Chanyeol cleared his throat once but the woman didn't respond to it at first, probably because of the noises around them. So, Chanyeol tried again by clearing his throat a tad bit louder than before. Unfortunately for him, the woman didn't look up at him still and Chanyeol wondered if she was deaf or really can't hear over the noises. 

          "Excuse me?" Chanyeol tried instead as he tried to peer at the woman's face, however like before not getting any replies. 

          Now, Chanyeol felt like he was just being ignored. 

          Despite the flare of anger in him, Chanyeol contained himself by taking a deep breath, "Excuse me, miss? I would like some help here?" 

          The woman didn't respond to him, again. 

          Chanyeol felt his patient slipping away and he reached his arm out to snap his fingers in front of the woman's face. Chanyeol didn't even care at that moment whether she was busy or he was being rude, because he felt that if he let this continue any longer he might just lose it. Chanyeol was lucky this time as the receptionist finally took note of his presence. 

          The woman blinked a few times at Chanyeol before asking, "How may I help you?" 

          With a patient smile, Chanyeol told the receptionist, "I'm Park Chanyeol? I've interviewed as a manager yesterday and today marks my first day for work?" 

          The woman hummed and looked to her computer, opening another tab and typing something into it. Chanyeol waited patiently as the woman checked for Chanyeol's name. Once the woman had confirmed about Chanyeol's job in the company, she gave a soft 'humph' then picked up her phone to make a few calls — the woman was speaking very fast so Chanyeol didn't catch a word she said — before ending the calls to look at Chanyeol. 

          "Take the elevator over there," the woman instructed as she pointed to her left, Chanyeol's eyes following her finger and spotting the elevators, "Go up to the fifth floor. You'll meet Mr Kim once there and he'll see you to your assigned work partner." 

          Chanyeol smiled gratefully at the woman, bowing his head and muttering his thanks before making his way to the elevator. There were a few people waiting for the elevator too and so Chanyeol merged himself with the bunch as he waited for one of the elevators to arrive. There was a soft 'ding' sound and one of the elevators doors opened, instantly the people waiting piled into the box. 

          Chanyeol managed to get into the elevator — even though it was rather stuffy in there, and this wasn't even a shopping mall! — and pressed the floor button he needed to go to. The doors of the elevator closed and the box started to move upwards, all around Chanyeol voices spoke in hushed whispers. The elevator was suffocating, but at least Chanyeol was alive so he couldn't care less. 

          There were a few stops before Chanyeol arrived to the fifth floor, stumbling out of the elevator ungracefully and taking in a deep breath like he had not been given enough oxygen. The fifth floor looked like an office in a company with cubicles and sounds of phone ringing, people rushing around with stacks of paper in hands and people's murmurs as they answered calls. Chanyeol figured that these people probably worked on getting calls and giving out tasks to managers and letting them do their schedules or stuff — Chanyeol's not sure, this was his first time after all. 

          Chanyeol made his way towards the nearest cubicle, where a male had just hung up from his call. The male's hair was slightly brown in colour and slicked back, skin between a pale and fair complexion. When Chanyeol tapped on the person's shoulder and he looked over, Chanyeol spotted a pair of round dark eyes and plump lips. 

          "Hi," the newbie bid with a wave and a wide friendly smile, "I'm here to look for Mr Kim?" 

          The male's eyes flashed as he asked, "Are you by any chance the new worker — Mr Park Chanyeol?" 

          Chanyeol perked up at his name, nodding furiously, "Yes, I am." 

          The male smiled widely and he extended a hand out to Chanyeol, "I am the Mr Kim you're looking for. My name is Kim Junmyeon, pleasure to meet you." 

          Chanyeol beamed at the male — Kim Junmyeon, his name was — and shook his hand, "The receptionist told me you'll assign me to my partner?" 

          "Right," the male nodded and stood up, not bothering to tidy up the mess on his table before gesturing for Chanyeol to follow him, "Right this way." 

          They were in the elevator in a blink of an eye, going up to the twentieth floor. Once the elevator doors opened with a soft 'ding', Chanyeol followed Junmyeon out of the box and down a hallway. Doors after doors lined the hallway and there were nameplates placed by the doors — Chanyeol recognised some of the names as some of the idols of the company. 

          "This is where our idols get prepared," the male explained to Chanyeol, "Make up, styling, whatever you want to call it." 

          Chanyeol nodded at Junmyeon's explanation as they continued down the hallway. Finally, Junmyeon stopped in front of a door and Chanyeol almost bumped into the shorter male. Chanyeol took a few steps back and watched as Junmyeon knocked on the door three times. 

          "Hello?" Junmyeon called, knocking on the door once more, "Anyone in there?" 

          Chanyeol took a quick glance at the nameplate, widening his eyes in surprise and making a double take when he saw on top of it wrote 'CBX'. Chanyeol knew who CBX was, it was the name of a rather popular boy band of three  — Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin were the member's names. CBX was one of XOE Entertainment's best idol groups created and even though they only had two albums sold and very few songs recorded, they were up at the top in lists and having albums sold up to a million — it's really an achievement for an idol group that wasn't too active on their song writing. 

          The door suddenly opened then and Chanyeol quickly snapped his eyes back, seeing somebody standing in the doorway. It was a male with sharp cheekbones and jet black hair with curls at the end. The male standing in the doorway was about the same height as Junmyeon — if not, just taller by a bit — and was wearing a white buttoned up shirt with a few of the top buttons ed and a pair of black skinny jeans. 

          The male at the door smiled, spreading his arms in greeting as he chimed, "Suho! Nice to see you here!" 

          Chanyeol looked at Junmyeon who quickly explained, "My nickname is Suho." 

          Chanyeol opened his mouth but was cut off by Junmyeon saying, "Don't ever call me that." 

          Chanyeol closed his mouth quickly and nodded furiously, tearing his gaze away from Junmyeon to look at the male. 

          The male seemed to take notice of another presence and looked at Chanyeol, his eyes widening and head jerking back a little as he exclaimed, "Wow, you're a tall one!" 

          Chanyeol felt heat prickling on the back of his neck and watched as Junmyeon smacked the male on the head, "Jongdae! Be polite to your manager." 

          The male — Jongdae, Junmyeon called him — whined as he nursed the place where Junmyeon had hit, "Do you have to hit so hard?" 

          Junmyeon only glared but said nothing. 

          "Wait," the male's eyes widened, like he just realised something, "You said 'manager'?" 

          Chanyeol looked over at Junmyeon with wide eyes too, seeing the latter nodding and confirming, "Yes, I said 'manager'." 

          "And this guy," the male gestured to Chanyeol and once again the latter felt his neck heating up, "Will be your manager." 

          Chanyeol wanted to gape — he might as well have — but he forced himself to stay calm as he smiled at Jongdae and extended a hand, "Nice to meet you-" 

          Chanyeol hesitated with the singer's name and Jongdae laughed heartily, taking Chanyeol's hand and shaking it as he told the tall manager, "Just call me Jongdae, and it's nice to meet you too." 

          Chanyeol smiled back and nodded, letting go of Jongdae's hand. 

          "Alright," there was a clapping sound and both Chanyeol and Jongdae looked over to Junmyeon, "I'll leave you guys to it then. I have to go now." 

          Chanyeol and Jongdae nodded and bid farewell as they watched Junmyeon walked off to get back to work. 

          "Well," the manager looked over to Jongdae as the singer said with a wide friendly smile, "Better get you introduced to the other two." 

          Chanyeol nodded excitedly and entered the room as Jongdae stepped aside to allow the former entrance. Chanyeol looked around the make up studio and hummed, seeing the usual things a person can find in a make up room — make up artists standing at the side and getting ready, mirrors lining one side of the wall and make up equipments on the stretch of table under the mirrors. Chanyeol looked around for a bit more and noticed that there was only Jongdae in the room — he couldn't find the other two members of CBX. 

           "Minseok is at the cafeteria getting some snacks," the manager heard Jongdae said and he turned around to be greeted with the singer closing the door, "And Baekhyun is at God-knows-where doing God-knows-what." 

          Chanyeol hummed in acknowledgement before turning his attention back to the room, not knowing what else to say to Jongdae. Chanyeol sat in a chair in the corner while Jongdae went ahead and sat in front one of the mirrors. Almost instantly, a make up artist went up to Jongdae and started working on his face while another one worked on his hair. 

          "So, Chanyeol," the singer suddenly called, startling Chanyeol as he continued, "Tell me something about yourself." 

          "Okay," the manager shifted in his seat, "What would you like me to talk about?" 

          Jongdae looked thoughtful for only a moment before he shrugged, "Whatever fits you." 

          The two then went on to tell each other more information about themselves, informing each other about their birthday, birth of origin and whatnot. Chanyeol was born in Seoul and had an elder sister who worked as an emcee for quite a number of well known shows. Jongdae on the other hand was born in Siheung as an only child to his parents, having debuted before he was a member of CBX as a child singer on some singing shows — which was also how he was able to get into the company in the first place. 

          They didn't know how much time had passed as they talked but at some point, the make up artists were done styling Jongdae and the singer was now sitting beside Chanyeol. After another few more minutes, someone entered the room and the two instantly paused in their conversation. Both of them looked towards the door to see who had arrived. 

          In came a male with orange dyed hair and round cheeks, making his face look slightly round. The male's dark eyes were round and big, lips small and just ever so slightly plump. The male was short, though not short until he couldn't reach for anything in the high cabinets of a kitchen. The male was wearing a baggy top and skinny jeans, the top making his body look big even though his legs were thin. The male had bags of snacks cradled in his arm and against his chest, the other arm holding the door open. 

          The orange haired male instantly noticed Chanyeol and Jongdae that were sitting in the chairs in the corner of the room, flashing a cute smile at them and waving with the hand that had been opening the door, "I'm back." 

          Jongdae jumped up from his seat almost instantly, rushing up to the newcomer and tugging at his arm, "Minseok! You got to meet our new manager!" 

          The male — Minseok, he was called by Jongdae as — quirked an eyebrow but didn't protest as Jongdae led Minseok to Chanyeol, who quickly got up from his seat to be polite. 

          "Hi," the manager said after clearing his throat, smiling at Minseok as he held a hand out, "My name is Chanyeol." 

          Minseok smiled and nodded, shaking Chanyeol's hand, "I'm Minseok, or Xiumin — my stage name." 

          Chanyeol laughed lightly and nodded, letting go of Minseok's hand, "What would you like me to call you?" 

          Minseok shrugged, "Any is fine by me." 

          Chanyeol smiled, "Alright then, I'll call you by your real name then." 

          Minseok grinned, "Sounds good to me." 

          Jongdae barged into the conversation just then, "Enough talking, time for some snacks!" 

          The three of them promptly sat in their seats and chatted whilst eating from a bag of chips that Minseok had brought back with him. They took the time to let Chanyeol get to know Minseok better and vice verse, asking each other questions about themselves. Soon, they were talking about other things, mostly random topics that just popped up in their minds. 

          There was laughter as they chatted and they were so engrossed in their conversation that they hadn't noticed when the door opened again and somebody stepped into the room. Said somebody was shocked when he was attacked by a wave of laughter from the trio, looking over at them with wide eyes filled with shock and slight worry. The person relaxed when he saw that it was just his friends, but soon got curious when his eyes landed on a certain brown haired male. 

          Slowly, the person left the door and let it close behind him, walking up to his friends and the stranger. The person deliberately stopped in front of them and glanced down with eyes full of interest, waiting for them to notice his presence. The first one to notice the person's presence was none other than the stranger who looked down to find a pair of shoes in front of him just as he was laughing at something his two friends said. 

          The stranger's laugh slowly died down as he trailed his eyes upwards to meet the owner of the pair of shoes, eyes connecting with a pair of small but round eyes which were filled with curiosity. The stranger studied the person's features, taking in the person's thin lips and wavy brown bangs. The stranger's eyes fell a little as he took in more of the person's appreance, seeing how the person's simple outfit looked too big on his body and how the ripped jeans he wore hugged at the curves of his legs. 

          The person cleared his throat and the stranger quickly looked back up, seeing the person smiling as he quizzed, "What's your name?" 

          The stranger gulped, "C-Chanyeol." 

          The person raised an interested brow, "Chanyeol? That's a nice name. I'm Baekhyun." 

          Chanyeol nodded, examining Baekhyun from head to toe, taking in every single detail about Baekhyun once again. Baekhyun didn't look bothered either, lifting his chin up ever so slightly as if to give Chanyeol a better look at the former. Jongdae and Minseok were watching them with curious eyes, sitting at the edge of their seats and looking between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

          After a long moment in silence, Baekhyun finally turned to Jongdae and questioned, "Who is he?" 

          "Our new manager," the black haired male replied with a shrug, "Junmyeon brought him here not too long ago, you were out though." 

          Baekhyun looked at Jongdae, surprise evident in his eyes but at the same time there was some sort of glint in those pair of soft eyes, "New manager, you said?" 

          Jongdae nodded and Baekhyun added, "Just when our old one retired a few days ago?" 

          Chanyeol only watched the exchange between the two singers, not saying a word as Jongdae replied back to Baekhyun, "Yes, you know how fast our company is in finding a new manager for us." 

          Baekhyun hummed, nodding his agreement before turning to Chanyeol all of a sudden, almost scaring Chanyeol half to death. Chanyeol stared back into Baekhyun's eyes — round big eyes colliding with soft small ones — and he thought he hitched his breath when Baekhyun slowly let a smile creep up on his features. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun extended a hand, following the arm down its length to stare at the hand presented before him. 

          "Well, Chanyeol," the brunette singer started and Chanyeol quickly looked back up, "It's nice to have you here. I hope we can get along and that you can survive being our manager." 

          Chanyeol wasn't sure what to make of the last part, but he held his hand out and shook Baekhyun's anyway. Chanyeol thought he felt shockwaves coursing through his whole body and shutting down his nervous system when his hand made contact with Baekhyun's, the sudden wave of shock lasting for only a second though. Chanyeol blinked at the weird sensation but was quick to regain his thoughts, smiling back at Baekhyun. 

          "Yeah," the manager managed, "I hope we can get along well." 

          When Manager Park Chanyeol agreed with singer Byun Baekhyun that day, he didn't think the amount of work he had to do as CBX's manager. 

 

 

 

Fan chants are creepy, in Chanyeol's opinion. The way how the fans just knew what to say together is astounding, it's like a choreography in its own — only, they used their voices instead of their body to accomplish such choreography. However, what bothered Chanyeol the most wasn't the fan chants in itself, but rather how when a song had just released for — at most — five days and the fans had already came up with a chant to use during their idols' comeback stages. 

          Chanyeol was witnessing this first hand as CBX's manager. 

          Chanyeol became CBX's manager around the same time the group was working on their newest comeback album. It took them a few months to have all the songs composed and sung, along with learning the choreography for some of the songs like the title track. By the time CBX was finally done filming their music video and singing all their track songs, a few months had already passed — about three months, give or take. 

          The release of their newest music video had been on the week before the comeback stage and the release of CBX's new album happened the day right after the music video. It already surprised Chanyeol at how fast their album was selling — the news of the album being released only lasted for a second before the first order came, and that's not an exaggeration — imagine his utter shock at witnessing the fan chants. It had only been three days — the comeback stage was on Sunday and they released their music video on the previous week's Friday — since the comeback song and on the day of the comeback stage, Chanyeol had not been expecting this. 

          Baekhyun, Jongdae and Minseok — or 'Chen' and 'Xiumin' for the latter two — were on stage, dancing while singing into their headset microphones which transferred their voices to the speakers around the room and made it loud for everyone to hear. They performed on stage whereas the fans below the stage waved their light sticks, chanting every time there's an iconic line in the song. Their chants were terrifyingly perfect, sounding like some legion in one of those horror or action movies. 

          Chanyeol almost felt like he was in the military, standing before soldiers as they swore their lives to protect their country. Every time their commander says a sentence, the soldiers would follow along, fully knowing what answer they should give. The beat between the question and the answer is also timed perfectly, the answer coming only a fraction of a second after the question is asked. 

          The only difference between the military and this was that the fans were total strangers towards one another, probably only knowing about each other on the Internet where they could connect and talk about their favourite groups. And yet, they just knew what they should say every time a specific line was sung, never missing a beat at sending out the chant. Chanyeol didn't know whether to find this admiring or scary — probably the latter, with tiny hints of the former. 

           The comeback stage lasted for some time — CBX was asked to perform two of their songs from their newest album, including the title track — and when it was finally done, all three members went to the backstage to get some rest. Chanyeol was waiting for them there with face towels hanging from his shoulders and bottles of water held between his fingers. When Chanyeol saw CBX coming, he waved and greeted them. 

          "You guys did an amazing job," the manager praised as he handed Baekhyun — who was the first to get there — a bottle of water. 

          Baekhyun thanked for the drink, twisting the cap open and drinking a few gulps of water, sighing out in satisfaction once he felt refreshed enough and said, "Thanks, it was really tiring." 

          Chanyeol nodded and handed Baekhyun a towel when the latter twisted the cap back onto the bottle, "I could see that, you're sweating profusely." 

          Baekhyun laughed at the comment, taking the towel and thanking for it too before replying, "I must be shiny then? With so much sweat on my body." 

          Chanyeol regarded Baekhyun for a bit, mindlessly handing Jongdae and Minseok their drinks and face towels. Chanyeol distantly heard the other two band members thanking him and he only nodded in acknowledgement, eyes still scanning Baekhyun from head to toe. Chanyeol tilted his head to one side, humming to himself and looking thoughtful. 

          Baekhyun's face and neck were glistening with sweat, his outfit clung slightly to his body due to how hot it was in those clothes and the amount of sweat there was. Baekhyun's golden brown hair also made it look like Baekhyun had just have his head dipped in water, not fluffy and some strands clung to his forehead. Baekhyun's chest was rising and falling slowly as he took in slow breaths, staring at Chanyeol as he waited for a verdict from the manager. 

          Chanyeol felt his face flush slightly and he thanked the Heavens that they were still backstage and the only source of light was from the stage, "Yeah, you're kinda shiny." 

          Baekhyun grinned at Chanyeol's comment, nodding to behind Chanyeol, "Let's head back to our room then, shall we?" 

          Chanyeol nodded and he called for Jongdae and Minseok before they went off for their room, entering a hallway as they went through the backdoor. The four walked down the corridor until they arrived to a room with the name 'CBX' written on the metal plate. Chanyeol was the one who opened the door and he held it open to let the three males enter, closing the door once everyone was in and turning to take a seat. 

          Jongdae had taken a seat on one of the couches with Minseok beside him, legs crossed and arms resting on the arm rest and back rest as he said, "Finally! Some time to rest." 

          Jongdae turned in his seat slightly before falling backwards, head landing on Minseok's lap and he wiggled a bit to get into a comfortable position. Minseok didn't seem to mind that Jongdae was using his lap as a pillow, only watching Jongdae in mild interest as the latter got comfortable and stopped moving. The two made eye contact for a second and Jongdae grinned up at Minseok while the latter smiled down at the former. 

          Chanyeol walked up to the coffee table where he had placed his record book and picked it up, flipping the pages to the most recent one. Chanyeol placed a finger on the thin sheet of paper and slid it downwards, his eyes following the movement as he tried to find the day's schedule. Chanyeol needed to be sure about what came after CBX was done with the comeback stage — the manager was pretty sure that they had a tight schedule that day. 

          Once Chanyeol found what he was looking for, he announced to everyone without looking up, "After we are done here, we will be heading over to KtvN's studio to film an interview. Once that's done, we'll have a meeting with a few of the other groups and their managers about the trip the end of the year. After that, you guys are free to do whatever you want." 

          Chanyeol closed his book just as he heard Jongdae whining, "Ugh, seriously? There are still things to do after this? 

          Chanyeol flashed Jongdae an apologetic smile, "It won't take too long. The interview would probably last for an hour-" 

          "It's a long time," the black haired singer cut Chanyeol's sentence off, "My will ache from sitting for too long." 

          Chanyeol shrugged, "Well, the meeting will only take about half an hour or so, if we cooperate." 

          Jongdae glanced at Chanyeol with a frown, "What does that suppose to mean?" 

          "It means," the manager patiently told Jongdae as he placed the record book down, "No disrupting the meeting, not too many excuses to the bathroom and finally-" 

          Chanyeol looked at Jongdae with a hard look and the latter visibly shrank from the gaze, "No sleeping during the meeting, got that?" 

          Jongdae nodded and Chanyeol grinned, "Good. You just have to do all this and then you'll be free to do whatever you want." 

          Baekhyun's phone rang just then, catching the attention of the other three occupants in the room as they turned their heads over to look at Baekhyun. Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun — who had been using his phone when it suddenly rang — looked at the Caller ID, noting how a bright smile came over Baekhyun's face when the male read who the caller was. Chanyeol raised a curious brow at Baekhyun's smile, wondering if it was someone important. 

          Baekhyun looked up from his phone and at his manager and two other bandmates, smiling as he gestured to his phone with his other hand, "I have to take this." 

          All three of them nodded understandingly and Chanyeol waved his hand, "You go pick up that call." 

          Baekhyun smiled gratefully at them and stood up from his seat on the one other couch in the room, walking out of the room to give himself some privacy. Chanyeol stared after the door for some seconds before letting out a huff of breath through his nose, rounding the coffee table and towards the couch that Baekhyun had been sitting on. Nonchalantly, Chanyeol plopped down onto the soft couch, feeling himself sink slightly as he settled himself comfortably. 

          A comfortable silence settled in the room with only the barely audible soft sound of the air conditioner working filling the place, drowning the three occupants in their own thoughts. Jongdae had at some point closed his eyes and was sleeping soundlessly since then, lying on his back with his hands folded on his stomach while using Minseok's lap as a pillow, his chest rising and falling steadily. Minseok on the other hand had taken his phone that was left on the coffee table — before or after Jongdae slept, Chanyeol was not sure — scrolling through his phone with one hand while the other was busy playing with Jongdae's hair — twirling a strand of black lock and also combing the soft waves. 

          Chanyeol was checking his tablet — every manager was given one upon receiving the job in XOE Entertainment — for any new notifications from the head of the company and other workers, swiping through a few pages and tapping onto a few apps. There was no new messages sent nor was there any new announcements made, just the usual of things. Once Chanyeol was sure that there was nothing else that he had to do or could do, he opted on checking out the latest news on the Internet. 

          Some minutes passed before the sound of door opening caught the attention of the two occupants in the room that were wide awake — Jongdae was still sleeping soundly with his body facing the inside of the couch, his legs somehow managing to curl up to his body as he snuggled closer to Minseok. Baekhyun walked into the room with his eyes glued to the phone and a smile on his face, reading something on his phone as Chanyeol assumed. 

          While Minseok went back to scrolling through his phone, Chamyeol asked, "Who was it that called you?" 

          Baekhyun hummed at the question and looked up, blinking a few times as he registered the question before answering nonchalantly, "Just my friend." 

          Baekhyun didn't sound convincing in the least bit, but Chanyeol let it slide as he nodded, "Okay." 

          Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol and after typing something on his phone, he shut it off and put it away into his jeans pocket, walking over to sit beside Chanyeol on the couch. Baekhyun brought a leg up over his other one, the leather stretching and shining off the light in the room with its smoothness. Baekhyun settled against the backrest and moved a bit to get into a comfortable position, resting his head on the backrest and watching his two members that were sitting opposite of him with slight interest. 

          "He fell asleep?" Baekhyun asked and Minseok looked up, pointing to Jongdae in which the elder's eyes followed. 

          There was a huff before Minseok replied, "No, he's just resting." 

          Baekhyun pouted at Minseok before sighing, head lolling to the side as he stared off into space, his mind a blank. Chanyeol had stopped his movements on the tablet at that point and was instead looking at Baekhyun, watching the other for a bit and totally ignoring the device in his hand. The tablet automatically turned off when it did not receive any response, but Chanyeol could barely bother since his interest was on Baekhyun now. 

          These few months being with CBX, Chanyeol had grown to be fond with the three members, especially the brunette beauty by the name of Byun Baekhyun who was sitting beside him on the couch right at this moment. It could be because of Baekhyun's charismatic personality and leader like antics — Baekhyun was the one who does the talking, never once had it been Jongdae or Minseok — or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter