the infection

you are not alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunwoo thought that night was a dream she did not want to wake up from. She could not sleep, she did not want to waste her precious time with Siyeon sleeping. Even closing her eyes would make her feel like she wasnt appreciating Siyeons beauty enough. In the corrupted and broken world, in the ruins of a city that once used to be full of life and happiness, she finally understood the meaning of beauty. She knew it, when she looked at Siyeon peacefully sleeping with her lips slightly parted. She was smiling, maybe her dreams were just as beautiful as the reality was to Eunwoo in that exact moment.

After the world changed, Eunwoo realized that the only way to survive happily was to live in a moment, and right now she was stuck in one. The moment she wanted to last forever.

She wanted the unnecessary time to stop and leave her and Siyeon like this, forever and even longer.

But living in the moment and thinking only about the beautiful things is not always at easy as it seems. Eunwoos mind, even though it was full of thoughts about Siyeon, was not at ease. How could it be? Her best friend who was like a sister to her was taken away and she had no idea whether she would see the small bean again. She could be dead already, she may be suffering. Eunwoo knew that Yebin was mostly the reason why the men came, or at least she thought so.

Yebin, a daughter of people who invetned the most lethal sickness in order to help the rebels after the world was destroyed by nuclear bombs. They developed the sickness to kill the people who ruled the city and kept sending young men to war against other countries. Which countries? Nobody knew. But the sickness began to spread uncontrolaby and it killed more than half of the citys population. 

Someone betrayed Yebins parents for one of the most obvious reasons, money and they have been executed by the guards. The guards were a type of a police, but they were nothing like the police before the nuclear war. The policemen had no right to kill or torture people, but guards had that right. The were the most powerful people in the whole city, the most feared ones.

And they were the ones who took Yebin and Minkyung. They could be anywhere right now. They could be in the city, preparing for the execution. Or maybe, they were in the outer provinces, where the guards had their bunkers.

Looking for them would be like looking for a needle in a pile of hay, the possibilities were endless and Eunwoo had no idea about how the outer world was. She had known what it had been like before the war, but her memories seemed to be too foggy. She had hard time remembering how the world looked like before the war.

" Minkyung....unnie... "

Eunwoos thoughts were interrupted by Siyeon who was sleep talking.

" She will be alright, I will find a way to save Minkyung and smol bean, you can believe in me Siyeon-ah. "

Eunwoo yawned, and layed down next to Siyeon. The night was getting cold and they were on the edge of the abandoned suburbs, hiding in some small store.

" Good night little one. "

Siyeon was asleep, and yet she felt Eunwoo hugging her warmly. Eunwoos warmth filled her dreams, destroying all of her fears. And for once in a long t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter