welcome outside

you are not alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was at the point when it was not yet deep but it was getting there. Most of the lights on streets have been switched off in order to save precious electricity because there was never enough of it. Some of the lights on streets have been blickering, which reminded Eunwoo of the times when she was a kid and she played with her friends outside till late night hours not caring about the whole world. The night was cold, and Eunwoo noticed it was starting to snow a little bit when she looked at one of the lights.

She shivered when one snowflake fell behind her collar, but she continued running with Yebin right in front of her. Eunwoo was a little but worried about this part of their escape since she was not too much of a runner, but she never gave up and followed Yebin.

They had to get out of the city without being noticed, because people were not allowed to leave the city. Only those with special IDs were allowed to travel behind the walls that surrouded every bit of the city. Most of the people living there have never seen outer world. They did not really care about seeing it in a first place.

And even if the cared, escaping was not that easy, not for everyone. There were those who tried and ended up getting killed in the process. Of course someone escaped from time to time, but they never survived for too long because they were not prepared to live outside, they had no idea what waited outside.

Eunwoo has never seen the world behind the walls either, but she heard a lot about it from Yebins stories, Yebin and her parents were not originally from the city, they were from a place far away. It was  a place less corrupted and less broken than the city, or so Yebin used to say. She left the place when she was just a kid, but she swore she still remembered what it was like.

Eunwoo did not doubt her, she was sure Yebin remembered it. It was her home after all and one does not simply forget the place they used to call home.

" , ! "

Yebin whispered, arbuptly stopped running and grabbed the hand of Eunwoo who had no idea what was happening. Yebin pulled her to a side of the streed between two trash cans full of flyers.

Eunwoo wanted to ask Yebin what she was doing but she did not dare to make a sound because she heard two men, probably night guards talking.

" I swear those rebel are getting out of the place! "

One man with husky voice that sounded like a voice of a smoker spoke up lazily.

" I hope they calm down, these night shifts are getting unbearable...and I am getting annoyed by shooting those idiots, the soil is going to freeze soon and it will be too hard to bury them. "

Eunwoo held her breath because the voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter