Rage

Butterflies: A BangDae one shot compilation

Frustrated, Yongguk growled as he parked his car in the garage to his apartment complex, breaking harder than necessary resulting in a light screech from the vehicle’s tires. Slamming the door as he exited the car, he stormed to the elevator and waited impatiently for it to arrive, smacking the call button a few times in his smoldering rage. He was livid, absolutely beyond consoling at this point.

 

What, you might ask, had Bang Yongguk in such a tizzy? It was simple enough but the simplicity didn’t make him any less annoyed. His company had somehow managed to lose a high profile client to a different law firm and somehow the blame was being entirely placed on his shoulders. In a matter of hours he went from being next in line to become a permanent partner, securing a position that would make life much easier for himself and his beautiful fiance, to being on some kind of probation, left praying that his job would still remain in the morning.

 

Impatient, he took the stairs when the elevator took more than a few moments to reach him in the car port. Everything was stupid and he just wanted to get into his apartment and go to sleep beside the man he loved. Though, with his luck, he wasn’t sure that would actually happen for him. Reaching his floor, he was almost winded just from the pure rage stomping he had done up the stairs, better than any workout he’d ever done.

 

Opening the apartment door, he was met with the sound of pots and pans, a delicious smell wafting from the kitchen as the man busying himself inside hummed a pleasant tune, singing under his breath about whatever task he was currently tackling. Stressed, he didn’t appreciate the soothing home atmosphere attempting to melt away the foul mood the day had put him in. Yongguk needed to worry, he needed to try to figure out a plan B in case his job wasn’t there in the morning, but he knew his fiance was going to make his anxious thoughts nearly impossible to hold onto.

 

“Yongguk?” Speaking of the devil, Daehyun leaned out of the kitchen and looked him over, his beautiful, full lips, forming a half pout at the scowl he received. Yongguk knew the other man well enough to know that the look on his face meant he wasn’t about to let Yongguk get away with the dark cloud he had dragged into the apartment with him.

 

“Daehyun, do not even do it.” He warned as he loosened his tie and kicked off his shoes. “I mean it. Don’t you ing dare do it.”

 

“Do what?” The innocence in Daehyun’s voice didn’t fool him for a second, those big, glittering eyes full of lies.

 

“Daehyun. I’m warning you.” Glaring, he tossed his suit jacket on the back of the couch and crossed his arms over his chest. “I am not in the mood.”

 

“The mood for what?” Daehyun looked up at him and Yongguk could tell he was about to make his move. The corners of his lips twitched as he tried to keep his neutral, serene expression, before it crumbled entirely in the most stunning and sweet smile Yongguk had ever seen. Without his permission, he felt his angst melt away and a smile crawl across his own lips.

 

“Damn it, Dae. I told you not to.” Shaking his head, he pulled his fiance into a soft kiss, receiving a devious chuckle in return.

 

“I’m not doing anything!” Daehyun wrapped his arms around Yongguk’s neck and the man felt himself melt into the embrace. Worry could wait, whatever happened would happen regardless, but he knew, in the end Daehyun would remain. And suddenly it didn’t matter anymore if he lost his job or even his apartment because the most important thing was in his arms.

 

“Dae... Do you smell smoke...?” Breaking their embrace, Yongguk looked around the room, filling with a slight haze.

 

“. Dinner.” Racing to the kitchen, Daehyun opened the oven and Yongguk ordered a pizza as he followed after him, chuckling. They may lose the apartment even if he keeps his job. But one thing was for sure, Daehyun looked really cute as he fanned the smoke wafting from the oven.